Varsity

Re: Regional Semi-Final: South Webster(2) vs Notre Dame(1) 3

Post by js7_22 »

Limit Cook and Goddard and the Titans will be in it. Titans by 4

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

ManitouDan wrote:Really don't get the need for posters from Sw to take shots at various teams . Maybe the constant beatdowns in the SOC2 in every sport has created a complex ?
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I think the numbers in the SW sports programs speak for themselves including a little metal sign out on 140 that mentions something about 2006.

On another note, Jeeps by 12 in the basketball game Tuesday.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

KingoftheGame wrote:
ManitouDan wrote:Really don't get the need for posters from Sw to take shots at various teams . Maybe the constant beatdowns in the SOC2 in every sport has created a complex ?

I think the numbers in the SW sports programs speak for themselves including a little metal sign out on 140 that mentions something about 2006.

First off to Montecristo Doug, ur an idiot.

2ndly KingoftheHam has the score right. Jeeps by 12, give or take 3 extra points.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

KingoftheGame wrote:

If by POT you mean POINTS OFF TURNOVERS, then I agree completely that will be the key factor in this game. Webster controlled the POT and POOT vs Fairfield and that was ultimately the reason they won.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster gets a lot of POOT Every night

Red Ridding Hood
Riding the Bench

Post by Red Ridding Hood »

All this talk of regular season who beat who, honey badgers, and POOT. Leaves me wondering will South Webster show up at the convo this time with CLASS? (Clearly Little Awful Student Section) Goodard stays on fire. Dryer plays lights out. Jeeps win by 5

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Ok after doing my homework i think i have this game nailed down. The Jeeps utilized POT (points off turnovers) and POOT (points out of timeouts) to take down the Lions on Saturday, but my instincts are telling me TIPP (Total Inside Paint Points), SHAFT (Second Half Accuracy of Free Throws), and BASE (Boxouts And Shot Elevation) will REALLY be the deciding factor in this slobber knocker. Oh dont forget BEEF (balance eyes elbow follow-through) on all shots as well. Please friends, let me explain:

TIPP (Total Inside Paint Points)
-Which ever team wins the battle of the paint will most likely be heading to Columbus on Friday. This game will be won in the trenches. Like a good buddy of mine always says, "If you don't have good TIPP, then you suck."
SHAFT (Second Half Accuracy of Free Throws)
-What's more important then knockin down the free ones in crunch time. Most are in agreement that this one will come down to the wire, so I believe that which ever team is equipped with the greatest SHAFT will most certainly walk away with a W.
BASE (Boxouts And Shot Elevation)
-This one may be overlooked, but i encourage you to look deeper into how much BASE will effect the outcome of this contest. Boxouts are a key to securing rebounds for most teams, but with the way ND crashes the offensive glass the Jeeps will really have to plant some gluteus maximuses on some Titans tomorrow evening to limit those 2nd chance opportunities. The Shot Elevation i speak of may be the most vital part to grabbing the key to the regional finals, with the college 3 point line at the Convo almost all teams playing there have missed short from three-land. I've seen about 90% of 3's shot from behind the college line instead of the high school mark (19' 9). The players that have adjusted to this might be a catalyst for their team, but maybe after 3 games at the convo it won't be a deciding factor, time will tell.

* Say what you want, but when a teams TIPP, SHAFT, and BASE come together as one piece it really is a beautiful thing. :aaaaa57

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

well done save the night.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Bravo sir!

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Repeat of the girls District Semi's at Jackson. Webster pulls away in the end

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

Thank you shooter, just made a copy of that.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

countyhobo wrote:Thank you shooter, just made a copy of that.
Don't pay any attention to shooter. He's a girls bball fan thats all he talks about. He knows nothing of the boys side

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

GAMEDAY! It's gonna be a war tonight. Lets Go Titans.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

As for the actual game, noter dame has to be the favorite. Better record, better guards, better big men. Ill go with noter dame by 13

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

i heard there were pre-sale tickets at the school store in SW. Does anyone know if they still have tickets? i tried calling but the only voice mail i could get was the head janitor at the elementary school, i figured that guy wouldn't have a clue...

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

FWIW I dont see ND as a favorite at all. I'd say SW is a 3-4 point fav . Hopefully win or lose we play close to our best ball, thats all you can ask for . and d-4 is blowing smoke .

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Agree. ND will need to play their best ball. We will need a balanced offensive attack and maintain our aggressive defense.
Offensively we have struggled the last two games but fortunately came out on top. I am hoping the shooting percentages improve to what they can be and some of the other players struggling have better games. If we get a good performance then this will be a close game.

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

jazzhands88 wrote:i heard there were pre-sale tickets at the school store in SW. Does anyone know if they still have tickets? i tried calling but the only voice mail i could get was the head janitor at the elementary school, i figured that guy wouldn't have a clue...
Jazz, we are selling tickets here at the school while they last. $6 opposed to $8 at the Convo.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

jazzhands88 wrote:i heard there were pre-sale tickets at the school store in SW. Does anyone know if they still have tickets? i tried calling but the only voice mail i could get was the head janitor at the elementary school, i figured that guy wouldn't have a clue...

Why you got to be hating on the head janitor? How about a little respect for the janitors?

I think ND will want this game to be in the 40's and SW wants to run and gun it for a high scoring game. Not sure ND would have the bench to do that so look for this to be a slow down game.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I believe Notre Dame has to be thought of as the favorite for a couple of reasons-- better seed coming out of the same sectional and much better record. If you don't think they are the favorite then you must think they did not deserve the #1 seed!

The advantage the jeeps have tonight is the schedule they played. Notre Dame has not played hardly any teams this year that would be better than webster. Night in and night out the Jeeps played someone that was equal or better to this Notre Dame team.

Notre Dame is in a tough position with regards to scheduling though-// they can't control the 14 game SOC1 schedule and if they schedule up too much in the non- league then they don't get the 1 seed in the tournament.

Should be a very good game tonight---- probably nerves and the stage will keep this close til 4 th quarter.

I have the Jeeps pulling out a good win and moving on--/ but good luck to both!

Return to “Boys Basketball”