Regional Semi-Final: South Webster(2) vs Notre Dame(1) 3/12

jeep80
Varsity

Re: Regional Semi-Final: South Webster(2) vs Notre Dame(1) 3

Post by jeep80 »

TitanPride wrote:
downtown95 wrote:Congrats to South Webster. So after watching all of the teams play, the seeding at Valley sectional should have gone like this:
1. South Webster
2. Fairfield
3. Whiteoak
4. Notre Dame
5. East
South Webster had the toughest bracket to come out of. So, coaches are going to have to look at strength of schedule as well as record and make a informed decision. I know that some will say that Notre Dame beat Whiteoak, but that was the first game of the season and Whiteoak was much better at the end (thats what strength of schedule does for you). Notre Dame and East played a cupcake schedule all season. You want to say that you have 14 games against other teams in your league, but that leaves you 8 non league games to fill. Quit playing other weak DIV teams and for God's sake stop playing little Christian schools like Wesley and Rose Hill (East played them 3 times). So if they don't try to improve, at least go into the draw with some integrity and seed the best teams where they should be to best represent our district.
ND's out if league was Northwest who SW plays twice, Minford, South Point whose a big school, Wesley Christian Academy who went 25-7 last time I checked, and Raceland which was snowed out. As far as I'm concerned that's a great non-conference schedule for a school with only 40 boys tops in 9-12. Say all you want, but ND made Whiteoak look like a elementary team, so what it was the first game of the year, it was ND's as well and Whiteoak doesn't have football, so they have all year basically to prepare for game 1. That excuse is no good. Getting to the point you can't take away anything these young men at ND have done. They've won 40+ games I believe in 2 years. Have one of ONLY
Two SOC Titles, and one of ONLY two district titles. Possibly go down as the best team of all time. Just wish they would've played the first half like they did the second and it would've gone either way.
Have to be thoroughly impressed with what Notre Dame has done the last few years. They came out of nowhere it seems, and became one of the better teams in the region.
I've been very impressed by them and wish them the best in the coming years.

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE
Riding the Bench

Post by THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE »

I understand what TitanPride is saying, except that Whiteoak has "all year to prepare." Last I heard they start when everyone else does, including Notre Dame. I guess all I have to say is good luck to ND in the coming years, hopefully the next group of kids can show class better than this group when defeated. Some of the things that I heard were being said on the court is straight up embarrassing to the school. Everyone seems to forget that a SW team who played 6 guys just controlled that game, and I almost forgot the part where their best player (most likely) was sitting on the bench in street clothes. After gaining respect for ND all year, I lost a lot last night. Hopefully it was just out of character for a few of them. Good luck to Sw on Friday.

TitanPride
Freshman Team

Post by TitanPride »

Moose - you're right I saw some jawing as well. But as we all know in sure it went both ways.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Question for SW folks: Any chance Swords plays Friday?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

KingoftheGame wrote:Question for SW folks: Any chance Swords plays Friday?
I've heard he won't be available until the Final Four.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

jeep80 wrote:
I think he is eligible Monday. That's speculating based on school calendar and OHSAA rule book.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

KingoftheGame wrote:
jeep80 wrote:
I think he is eligible Monday. That's speculating based on school calendar and OHSAA rule book.
Sounds right.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

Why is he out?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Grades.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Hate to say I told you... but ol' daddy was right again. Websters TIPP, SHAFT, and BASE were too much for the Titans. The Jeeps had a spontaneous TIPP (total inside paint points) advantage from many Levi Cook penetrations. The sw SHAFT (second half accuracy of free throws) stood tall down the stretch and carried them back to the elite 8 once again for the 4th time in 10 years. And finally, the jeeps BASE (boxouts and shot elevation) was a beacon in the night, handling all the poundage thrown its way. They boxed well and out rebounded the athletic titans on the O & D glass... And the shot elevation was there as expected for the Jeeps and especially Mr. Goddard as he's looked fantastic. To re-quote a previous post, yes... the TIPP SHAFT and BASE prevailed and all of SW was totally NUTS (Never Underestimating This Squad) after another impressive win. So i guess my final word for this game is by showing your NUTS (Never Underestimating This Squad) in the stands you can really help a team equip a nice, strong, TIPP SHAFT and BASE. On to the next one Jeeps.... This next game is going to be for all the MARBLES (MARKING A RIDICULOUS BALLGAME & LUSTFULLY EXPERIENCING the SCHOTT) in this D4 regional. Good Day all.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

saveTHEnight wrote:Hate to say I told you... but ol' daddy was right again. Websters TIPP, SHAFT, and BASE were too much for the Titans. The Jeeps had a spontaneous TIPP (total inside paint points) advantage from many Levi Cook penetrations. The sw SHAFT (second half accuracy of free throws) stood tall down the stretch and carried them back to the elite 8 once again for the 4th time in 10 years. And finally, the jeeps BASE (boxouts and shot elevation) was a beacon in the night, handling all the poundage thrown its way. They boxed well and out rebounded the athletic titans on the O & D glass... And the shot elevation was there as expected for the Jeeps and especially Mr. Goddard as he's looked fantastic. To re-quote a previous post, yes... the TIPP SHAFT and BASE prevailed and all of SW was totally NUTS (Never Underestimating This Squad) after another impressive win. So i guess my final word for this game is by showing your NUTS (Never Underestimating This Squad) in the stands you can really help a team equip a nice, strong, TIPP SHAFT and BASE. On to the next one Jeeps.... This next game is going to be for all the MARBLES (MARKING A RIDICULOUS BALLGAME & LUSTFULLY EXPERIENCING the SCHOTT) in this D4 regional. Good Day all.
Yes, I think i speak for all of SEOPS (South Eastern Ohio PrepS) by saying we hate that you were right as well savethenight. Hah. But honestly you are pretty spot on with analysis it's just in such a strange manner in which you portray it. You're like some kind of future foreseeing basketball artist :lol: . Keep the insight coming man... as odd as it may be. :mrgreen:

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

THE_MOOSE_IS_LOOSE wrote:I understand what TitanPride is saying, except that Whiteoak has "all year to prepare." Last I heard they start when everyone else does, including Notre Dame. I guess all I have to say is good luck to ND in the coming years, hopefully the next group of kids can show class better than this group when defeated. Some of the things that I heard were being said on the court is straight up embarrassing to the school. Everyone seems to forget that a SW team who played 6 guys just controlled that game, and I almost forgot the part where their best player (most likely) was sitting on the bench in street clothes. After gaining respect for ND all year, I lost a lot last night. Hopefully it was just out of character for a few of them. Good luck to Sw on Friday.
to add to THE_MILF_IS_LOOSE'S comment, i did think the "$$$$$" comments and "football" threats were a little over the top from the ND team. Everyone gets frustrated in a loss, buts its important to keep yuur composure and remember that hundreds of fans are watching.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Nice win for the Jeeps last night. ND pressure got to them in 3rd quarter, but Norman's banked-in 3 was a back breaker. Cook was best player on the floor and Goddard had another huge game. Dyer played strong underneath and caused ND to be looking over their shoulders on shots in the paint. Been fun to watch these kids step up with Swords out...every night someone else has a big game.

As for ND, great season and they're not going anywhere. Looking at who they got coming back, likely they'll be at top of SOC I and at Convo again next year. They can't control their conference schedule, and their non conference schedule wasn't that bad (unlike some other SOC I schools I won't mention). Would like to see them and Webster get a series started back up.*

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

downtown95 wrote:Congrats to South Webster. So after watching all of the teams play, the seeding at Valley sectional should have gone like this:
1. South Webster
2. Fairfield
3. Whiteoak
4. Notre Dame
5. East
South Webster had the toughest bracket to come out of. So, coaches are going to have to look at strength of schedule as well as record and make a informed decision. I know that some will say that Notre Dame beat Whiteoak, but that was the first game of the season and Whiteoak was much better at the end (thats what strength of schedule does for you). Notre Dame and East played a cupcake schedule all season. You want to say that you have 14 games against other teams in your league, but that leaves you 8 non league games to fill. Quit playing other weak DIV teams and for God's sake stop playing little Christian schools like Wesley and Rose Hill (East played them 3 times). So if they don't try to improve, at least go into the draw with some integrity and seed the best teams where they should be to best represent our district.
I agree this is close as far as talent. But there is no way possible you could have put Fairfield ahead of Whiteoak in the seeding. Whiteoak and Fairfield split. They play in the same league and Whiteoak won the league, and Whiteoak had a better record. Fairfield bested them in sectionals, but Whiteoak deserved to be ahead of them. Whiteoak should have been a 3 and Fairfield a 4. East should have been a 5 due to them playing one of the worse schedules I have seen in a while. I agree with you, East played Rose Hill 3 times!!!! they averaged like 25 points a game! New Boston twice, LAtham twice, and their big d3 schedule was West Union. Thats 8 cupcake wins and im sure Im forgetting a couple. Western is improving and will eventually be off this list, but not for the time being.

Return to “Boys Basketball”