Pioneer Valley 13-14

PVCOhio
Waterboy

Re: Pioneer Valley 13-14

Post by PVCOhio »

They'll have both of the Starr boys to step up and Toland will be a bigger scoring threat.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Its Monroes year to shine. They have so much talent

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Central and all this talent could no beat FF. Central lost its top 3 scorers in Jorris, Laf, and the big boy. The Jv from MC could not even beat FF once. Fort Frye returns Chan Lang, Seth Lagrean(leagues best player), Anderson, Carter Kiefer and a Jv team that was 19-2 only losses 2 Warren.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Trust me spy Monroe is going to be the Real Deal the next couple of years.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Monroe will be good, if they get the Nixon kid back healthy they could be really good. They have Brown, Jorris, Duffy, Nixon. They had a few nice JV players, should be pretty good, about like this year if I had to guess.

Trail will be good. If the other Starr comes back healthy they have four really solid players in him, Tyler Starr, Gray, and Toland.

Fort is Fort, they will be solid but they are gonna miss Smith big time. He took pressure off of everyone. LaGrean is a really good player and so is Lang but nobody else scares you.

Caldwell has the best player in the league, he drives me nuts when he forces stuff sometimes but he is proven and an All-Ohio player, our boys should have a really good year and player of the year should be his to lose. Wiechman, Harding, Clark, Figel, Baker, Heller, Leasure and Carpenter back from a year long injury.

Frontier has the Schnider kid back and a few nice JV players, they should be a little better if I had to guess.

River and Shenandoah will be bad. River has good coaching and a few decent young kids so I'd pick them ahead of the Zeps at this point. This will start a long run at the bottom for Shenandoah if I had to guess.

Top four teams will all be good, bottom three won't be. It will be cool to see who gets better over the summer.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Weichman an All-Ohio player really? He did not even make special mention this year. When was the last time a guy went from not on the list at all to All-Ohio? You say FF has no players besides Lang and Legrean that scare you? Well who in the league does scare you? You think coaches are going to up up night worrying about Nixon, Brown, and lil Jorris who couldn't even get on the court? If anyone scares anyone in the league it's Toland and Weichman those 2 could go off for 30 on any given night. The league will be down next season and the best system will win out. Tyler Starr has alot to add to his game besides standing at the volleyball line chucking 3s. Also younger FF players Carter Kiefer and Devin Brooker are going to be really good. Seth Legrean has added some stuff and will be so dangerous. Just depends on what teams and players want to get better. I think Caldwell has alot of potential and have the most upside but they got to want it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also Chandler Lang is a pg and has been playing out of pos for 2 yrs.

loveofthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by loveofthegame »

Lets just hope we have an injury free football season

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

I usually don't chime in on this stuff but Jonathan was honorable mention as a sophomore and special mention all-Ohio this season. He has over 900 career points and I expect him to continue to improve. The league should be very good again next winter. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy for next winter.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He will need to have Caldwell take a big uptake in wins.

PVCOhio
Waterboy

Post by PVCOhio »

I'll be excited to see Legraen vs Toland this year. Two player of the year candidates going head to head. In my opinion, Monroe, Fort, and Trail will be the teams to beat while Caldwell could be good as well.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Toland is a beast!

PVCOhio
Waterboy

Post by PVCOhio »

Last I heard, Legraen and Toland were playing football. Is that true?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Frankly, despite losing Shon, I think this Fort Frye team could be a stronger group all around than they were last year. I saw some strong role players developing on the jayvee team last year and there's enough returning varsity talent to make things work. Coach Henniger doesn't have much game experience, but does seem to be a talented and capable coach.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

They are still Fort, they will still be good. I don't think there is anyone who can replace Smith's production. He was a first team All state player twice for a reason. Lang will score more but will also see the best defender now. LaGrean is a really good player too and will do good things. I liked the Kiefer kid that played JV ball, he will be a good point guard for them. I think they are still pretty well coached, but nobody is Lidtke. I would still put them in the top part of the league. I think anyone of Trail, Fort, Caldwell could win it this year. I think Central could go either way but will be pretty good. The other three teams are going to be bad.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Whoever thinks Caldwell will be good is in a Dreamworld, the Brown will shut down Weichman. The Morris boy will be the best pure shooter in the league.
1. Noles
2. Trail
3.FF
4.Zeps
5.Frontier
6.Caldwell
7. River

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Jorris boy

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Guess we won't know until next winter. Wiechman did score 34 against Brown @ Central in the season opener. Central will not be as good as last year losing the leagues best athlete in Laffre, the shooter in Jorris and the banger in the middle. They will be solid but not spectacular.

The best "pure shooters" in the league as you say would be Starr from Trail and Harding form Caldwell. Jorris is a solid shooter too.

Returning players for each team:

Fort:Lang Sr. Guard/Kieffer So. Guard/Andersen Sr. Guard/LaGrean Jr. Forward

Trail:T. Starr Sr. Guard/L. Starr Sr. Guard/Doudna Sr. Guard/Gray Sr. Forward/Toland Sr. Center

Central:Brown Jr. Guard/Jorris Jr. Guard/Duffy Sr. Guard/Nixon Sr. Forward

Caldwell: Wiechman Sr. Guard/Harding Jr. Guard/Clark So. Guard/Figel Jr. Forward/Baker Jr. Forward/Heller So. Guard/Carpenter Sr. Guard/Leasure Jr. Forward

Frontier: Snyder Sr. Guard/Camino Jr. Guard/Fraunfelter So. Guard

River: Lost everyone

Shenandoah: Lost everyone and had a bad JV team

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Smith was only first team all state this past year. he was third team the year before. He will be missed as FF has no go to scorer. But also in action last summer without smith the team played very well. i wouldnt consider keifer a guard right now. he is more of a slasher from the wing i.e. Small Forward. he may develop into a guard since he wont grow much more but for now he is not a guard. With Lang at the point this team will probably look to run the floor more. without smith to take over in a half court set they will need to. they have alot of speed with lang anderson keifer and seth. Lang had limited action at the point last year. they only featured him there once and that was at Caldwell. Anyone at that game saw the pace i expect from FF this coming season. Lets hope for an injury free football season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Seth Legrean eats and breathes basketball look for him to have a huge yr. Devin Brooker can drain at 5-6 hard for him to get a shot off sometimes but in JV he made over 50 in a 19-2 season for the Cadets JV team.I just don't see Central being better then a 500 team they lost so much scoring. You better hope Nixon comes back to 100 and puts up 17-19 ppg. In my eyes the top 5 players are Weichman Caldwell, Clark Caldwell, Lang FF, Legrean FF , Toland Trail. Frontier should be an upcoming team with Camino,Matheny , Schneider, Cochran, Barnes, Bradford. Trail will be really good as well.

Return to “Boys Basketball”