River Valley Coaching Search

UKNate
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley Coaching Search

Post by UKNate »

Jim Mora wrote:
Runner00 wrote:Was told today a Piketon assistant has inquired and applied.
Name?
Kyle Pertuset, this would be a good thing for River Valley.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

pretty sure it's not posted yet prob won't be til april after the board meets

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

UKNate wrote:
Jim Mora wrote:
Name?
Kyle Pertuset, this would be a good thing for River Valley.
didn't he graduate from school in 2011? little young don't ya think

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Kyle is 26 and graduated in 2005.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

what about chris ellcelsor he applied there before and i think he was an assistant plus the kids love him
he took a bad fed team from nothing and went 500 i was told

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

I heard tonight about Pertuset being interested in the River Valley job. Young but has been around the game since graduation and has constantly been coaching, has a teaching degree I believe and has been on some good staffs. Why not give a younger guy the chance. Could bring new ideas and new environment to a program. Best of luck to RV on the search.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Hill leaving is a big loss. RV is really down athletic. I think you can officially say this program has hit rock bottom. Phil Jackson couldn't win games with the talent that is there now. There isn't much talent coming. Tough job for anyone brave enough to apply.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

They went young last time see what those new fresh ideas brought!

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Steve Mcavena are you serious judge and jury? If screaming aimlessly would win games he would be a good choice, but unfortunately basketball is a game of strategy.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

I'm just saying he's been around programs that have been successful (Piketon and Minford) and when I go to games and see some of the kids he coached in AAU come up to him and talk it seems like there's a good coach to player relationship. I'm not saying he's going to reinvent the game but be may have fresh ideas on how to work with kids who may not have "talent". He may be a solid teacher of fundamentals that may not lead to 10-15 win seasons but atleast getting a program in the right direction. I didn't know really anything about the previous coach at RV so I can't say. I just hear a lot of too young to inexperienced when maybe a program might miss out on a solid candidate. That's all. But like I said I wish River Valley the best as I have seen programs go through dark days but always nice to see a program when they get to stepping in the right direction.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Trojan not only do have to coach your rear end off, but you have to educate the community about what it means to compete outside of the community. That is a monumental task. This program may never get out of the dark days. We need someone like BEVO to take this job because he is an expert in every sport!

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Hmmmm a game of strategy! I wonder what norm's strategy was tonight cause one of the winningest coaches got beat fairly easy course by your standards that could've been his strategy get to the regionals and get beat that might of been on page one of his strategy page when playing Ironton now don't back up on your game of strategy speech!!!

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Strategy allows u to manage games but if your players don't make plays no strategy will work!

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

If he only had Mcavena to yell tonight. Surely he could of helped oak hill overcome the far more superior team. It's a shame Norm didn't yell as much as he did in the year e won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! How many championships has Mcavena won?

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I'm sure BEVO could of won this game tonight. He is an expert in every sport. He could of helped coach persin overcome the tigers.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

As far as the oaks strategy tonight was probably a perfect example of what were discussing oaks strategy slow ironton down and make shots hmmm that worked great strategy until start of the fourth when shots weren't falling. Now what cause that was the strategy I'm sure but next case in point that I mentioned if your players don't make plays its hard to manage a game! Because if it was about strategy norm wins and ironton loses cause he had the perfect strategy but lefon had the better players. Now that we've all gotten caught up on the game of strategy and how many wins that produces cause whoever gets the job will have a daunting task of getn players to play or even stay.instability leads to unrest unrest leads to curiosity curiosity leads to leaving!!

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Did norm scream at them enough? That always helps coach Mcavena in those 6 jv games he wins every year.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Ok so u avoid the strategy conversation by attacking other people course that could b your strategy.ill take 5-6 better athletes from ne other school and I won't coach and give u rv's program this yr. Plus your strategy and my team wins 15 out of 22 games. Sometimes its about the players making plays than your strategy!

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Your the one that said its all about strategy! U must not have seen the Pepsi commerccial with Bill Russell the game has and always will b about buckets lol no where in that commercial did he mention strategy! BUCKETS!!!!!

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Judge and Jury you are the one that is promoting a guy that doesn't use strategy. He just yells and carries on. Maybe Mcavena can use Stout as his strategist. His game plans helped the girls varsity team to win 7 games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”