Freshman Team

Re: River Valley Coaching Search

Post by galliagrad89 »

Who is Bevo?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Prep Expert wrote:I'm surprised the experts that run the school system have not offered this job to bevo. If they aren't going to offer him the job they should at least put him in charge of the search committee. With his expertise on all sports he could pick the people at River Valley a winner.
not enough money guys, they would seriously have to add a couple 00's to get this expertise (:

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I thought this thread was about the RV coaching search and "I don't have an answer" for that question......RV is RV and you never know who will be coaching.....im not a teacher and that puts me down the list......I think Lynn Sheets would make a good coach and would love to be a part of his coaching staff.....

Rebuilding this program starts with increasing the numbers and increasing community interest.......create an identity......and outwork your opponent......imo......RV has enough talent next year to improve to an above .500 winning team.....very good young guard play.......I would love to be their coach and don't kid yourself......you know I think I have the answer

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by hoopsfan »

hoopshothead wrote:I thought this thread was about the RV coaching search and "I don't have an answer" for that question......RV is RV and you never know who will be coaching.....im not a teacher and that puts me down the list......I think Lynn Sheets would make a good coach and would love to be a part of his coaching staff.....

Rebuilding this program starts with increasing the numbers and increasing community interest.......create an identity......and outwork your opponent......imo......RV has enough talent next year to improve to an above .500 winning team.....very good young guard play.......I would love to be their coach and don't kid yourself......you know I think I have the answer
Just my opinion, but you may want to start your journey by not caring what people say on this or any other sight. Coaches are bashed on a regular basis. And I don't see any on here "taking up for themselves". Better thicken that skin cause if you get that job, this is nothing compared to what is coming your way.

Why do you think you haven't gotten the job in the past? You did say you will be applying "again"? Just curious.

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by hoopsfan »

hoopshothead wrote:I thought this thread was about the RV coaching search and "I don't have an answer" for that question......RV is RV and you never know who will be coaching.....im not a teacher and that puts me down the list......I think Lynn Sheets would make a good coach and would love to be a part of his coaching staff.....

Just my opinion, but you may want to start your journey by not caring what people say on this or any other sight. Coaches are bashed on a regular basis. And I don't see any on here "taking up for themselves". Better thicken that skin cause if you get that job, this is nothing compared to what is coming your way.

Why do you think you haven't gotten the job in the past? You did say you will be applying "again"? Just curious.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

You got to have kids that want to get better !!! and not out for a free ride , parents??? keep out of it.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

pm i'm not E!!!

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

OHSAA had it posted as of March 28th.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

Larry Howell would be a good fit. He is from bidwell and his wife graduated from RV. I think he would be interested in getting away from mercerville.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Well, what's the scoop? Who are the leading candidates? interview dates?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I hear there is a young guy from Peake being backed by Coach Norm and Coach Lafon for this position?

Beastmember
Waterboy

Post by Beastmember »

Dime-a-Dozen, do you have a name on the Peake guy Pierson and Lafon are backing :?:

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Idk if its true but Persins long time assistant at chesapeakes son. Jacob Wells, I believe he has been coaching a lot of aau the past few years.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Idk if its true but Persins long time assistant at chesapeakes son. Jacob Wells, I believe he has been coaching a lot of aau the past few years.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Heard there was a handful of applicants. Anyone have all the names and could verify?

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

It's wishful thinking for anyone on this forum to think that Coach Lafon and Coach Piersin would encourage any one that they know to apply for the RV job. If anything they would be advising this person to not apply for the job. Why would they encourage someone to apply for a job where there is absolutely no chance of being successful?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Maybe it is somebody they think can handle the situation and possibly somebody they think can build a program from the ground up. Or maybe a young coach just needing a start?

Oldtimer
Waterboy

Post by Oldtimer »

Yes I have submitted a résumé! And I am very hopeful. Honestly I doubt I will get the opportunity because of my age but I'm going to give it a shot! A program at RV can be established! It has to start from the ground up in the buddy league program. A system needs implemented. Honestly my only downfall is my age and I am not a teacher. It all must start with fundamentals if you want to be successful. -Jacob Wells

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

defensewins wrote:Yes I have submitted a résumé! And I am very hopeful. Honestly I doubt I will get the opportunity because of my age but I'm going to give it a shot! A program at RV can be established! It has to start from the ground up in the buddy league program. A system needs implemented. Honestly my only downfall is my age and I am not a teacher. It all must start with fundamentals if you want to be successful. -Jacob Wells
Unfortunately, you're age will work against you greatly at RV. parents will think you don't know what you're doing and they know more than you because you are young. You won't have a shot. Seriously.

Oldtimer
Waterboy

Post by Oldtimer »

Hopefully they realize a new chapter and totally different direction is where they need to go! That's all I'm hoping and praying for!

Return to “Boys Basketball”