Warren VS New Philadelphia * Regional Final *

gotribe
Waterboy

Warren VS New Philadelphia * Regional Final *

Post by gotribe »

Should be a great one. New Philly looked very impressive !! Can Warren slow down #5 (Johnson I believe the point guard) and Columbo ? Warren looked great at times, except for the 3rd quarter . Any lulls for Warren this time could be end of season costly !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Warren VS New Philadelphia * Regional Final *

Post by danicalifornia »

Go Warriors from Unioto! Represent the SE well.

I feel like they are a team of destiny. All 3 games at the Convo, they have had major lulls, but in each one they have had huge 4th quarters in winning time. They just know how to get it done down the stretch. Hope to see them get another W on Saturday.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Hope Warren can get to Columbus!!! Coach Maddox a class act!!! Way to represent SE Ohio....Chillicothe will be rooting for the Warriors to go all the way!!!

warriornation
Riding the Bench

Post by warriornation »

Less than 24 hours from now we will have another throwdown in A-Town. Watching New Philly dismantle St Clairsville was eye opening. They look solid through all 5 spots. The match-ups in this one should be great as well. Best of Luck to Warren and Coach Maddox!! Go Big Blue

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

As of around 4:30 today Warren had sold over 900 tickets.
Last edited by Whs95fan on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thank God I finally get to cheer for French - instead of against him!

The first two times I rooted against him - it didn't work out so well for me ...

One problem for Warren will be matching up with the quickness of those two guards for New Philly ... I know coach Maddox doesn't like to play zone, but he might want to think about using it Saturday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I see #5 Jamal Johnson 5-6 guarding Evan French 6-3 ... Johnson did an outstanding job taking Monteroso (St Clairsville) out of his game ... New Philly will not have much of a game plan change from the St. Clairsville game ... Warren will have to have BIG games from Patton/Hall/Leffingwell with Yabs needing to handle the 32 minute on ball pressure of the NP perimeter people - can't survive putting the ball on the floor vs NP ... New Philly had EVERYTHING going vs SC last night - will they continue to get the "solid" all 5 player contributions vs Warren ? we WILL see at 3 pm tomorrow afternoon ! ...

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Anyone have New Philadelphia's season/tournament results? Also, could a Warrior post Warrens as well?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ohsaa.org tournament brackets has the tournament results, Dundas.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

maxpreps.com has New Philly schedule/results

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Warren will get a little taste of what their rival Marietta faces in the ECOL night in and night out. Teams are very strong (most of these schools being huge/successful football schools) and play very well as a team. This will be a battle for 32 minutes (maybe more if we get another ot treat like the athens game) and the players from each team will wake up sunday very sore. Both teams will have to go balls to the wall if they want to win, no lulls. Hoping we can get another SEO team in the final 4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... did I hear Lou correctly Thursday night saying that tickets for the Warren vs NP game would go on sale at 1:30 pm? - means the doors open at 1:30 ?

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

pfloyd; WE ARE READY!!! After two and a half hours of going over my NAPKIN stats and the chicken scratchings the others drew up from the NP/St.Clairsville game, Coach Maddox, Duck and I came up with the game plan and match ups. As I told you, I have a better feeling for this game than the one against Athens. Not taking anything away from NP, we will have to play a better game. But I have that FEELING!!!!
The boys were loose at practice and shoot the ball well. Went over the game plan and they seemed to understand what needs to be done to Advance. One day turn around is not much time to prepare, but NP is in the same boat. Bet they used up alot of paper keeping up with us and Athens going to O.T. and not knowing who was going to win.
Trojandave; We are here just like you said. Now lets hope we can FINISH!!!

Hope to see both of you before the BIG GAME and after the WARRIORS win,a trip to the STATE!!!

GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Ttt
Last edited by WarriorBlue on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

The Johnson kid from New Philly is an awesome defender but a matchup with French will be tougher than Monterosa because the type of player each is. Monterosa wanted to put the ball on the floor create and either finish at the rim or kick it to a spot up shooter. French is a different animal. Warren will set numerous screens and he loves shooting that jumper. At 6'3" shooting over the top of the 5'6" Johnson should be no problem. St Clairsville did a poor job of moving the ball and forcing NP to defend the entire court. Warren will be patient and run their stuff. No doubt our coaching staff will have an excellent game plan. I've watch them get this team ready all year and the handle adjustments as well as any staff around.
Warren will not play "Glad To Be Here" they've been in a few street fights b4.

On a side note Hall from Warren and Johnson from NP are cousins. They both are closely related to OU great Jerry Jackson captain of the Bobcats back in 1964-65 era. Kinda cool that they get to meet in the Convo.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any confirmation in regards to the doors opening at 1:30?

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

I was told by the tourny manager before we left Thursday night that the players and coaches could enter at 1:15. The main doors would open at 1:45 for fans.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Thanks coach!

Go Blue!

DukeBlueDevils
Waterboy

Post by DukeBlueDevils »

Will the fans be cleared from the gym after this game?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Took a look on maxpreps at NP's games and scores this year...Marietta scores match up prett well...looks like they had a few games where they struggled scoring..maybe early in the year their bigs still playing football? Anyway they seem to be playing their best basketball now! Warren can they hang in this game? Hope so...GO BLUE!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”