Warren vs St Vincent St Mary ?

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Re: Warren vs St Vincent St Mary ?

Post by Coach Skinner »

Best wishes from myself and the entire Athens Basketball Program. Go Warriors!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Warren Warriors, Coach Maddox, Ex-Coach 78, WarriorBlue, and 32,16, 6 on their regional championship........ to the players and coaches, regardless of the opponent, BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES!!. YOU'RE 26-1!! From this Portsmouth Trojan fan, you have made the SEOAL very proud!!

There weren't very many people back in 1978 who believed that the Trojans could beat the 1977 and defending state champion Cleveland Cathedral Latin in the state championship game........but Portsmouth played a fantastic game that day, and THEY BELIEVED in themselves!!

YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

trojandave wrote:Congratulations to the Warren Warriors, Coach Maddox, Ex-Coach 78, WarriorBlue, and 32,16, 6 on their regional championship........ to the players and coaches, regardless of the opponent, BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES!!. YOU'RE 26-1!! From this Portsmouth Trojan fan, you have made the SEOAL very proud!!

There weren't very many people back in 1978 who believed that the Trojans could beat the 1977 and defending state champion Cleveland Cathedral Latin in the state championship game........but Portsmouth played a fantastic game that day, and THEY BELIEVED in themselves!!

YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!
Very Nice post....Thank you Trojandave.......

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave THAT my friend was a GREAT post ... You have got to BELIEVE !!!

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

93Bulldog wrote:The Columbus Dispatch had this game being played at 8:30?

is that wrong?
93, never trust what you see in the Dispatch especially when it comes to hs sports. believe me, it's best use is to line the birdcage.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

trojandave wrote:Congratulations to the Warren Warriors, Coach Maddox, Ex-Coach 78, WarriorBlue, and 32,16, 6 on their regional championship........ to the players and coaches, regardless of the opponent, BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES!!. YOU'RE 26-1!! From this Portsmouth Trojan fan, you have made the SEOAL very proud!!

YOU CAN DO THE SAME!!
i was at that game in St. John Arena sitting right behind the scoreboard in the corner just off the floor and still remember the Trojans playing spectacular. i was only 10 yrs old and still remember it.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Trojan Dave: Great post!! At the tipoff of the New Phila game the student section hopped to We Believe that we will win! No doubt SVSM will be a tough team....but so arnt we.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Believe this when I tell you that the Warriors DO BELIEVE not in a cocky way but in the quite relzilance of a champion. These kids believe in their coaches and they love one another. With this team in ther inner circle there are no stars. Big Evan French is what it's built around 4sure but are really lots of different weapons. French is prolly the most humble kid with star status that I've ever seen. Very very humble very unassuming. There is no "I gotta get my shots attitude. A statement in reguards to his excellent upbringing. And that kinda attitude is what I see outta EVERY kid on the team. Then you factor in the ability of Leffingwell, Patton, Hall, Yabs, Lang and Pannell with the excellent coaching staff we are blessed with that why you had 4 wins at the Convo and 4 different ways. Game 1 Unioto game Dylan Leffingwell was big. He nutralized the big kid by making him play D pick up early fouls and then foul out late. Game 2 Vinton Co game tight tuff back and forth game in the 1st half. Michael Hall explodes for 16 2nd half points and Warren pulls away with a win. Game 3 Athens Evan French dropped bombs and I'm talking nuclear, in a frantic 4th quarter and OT. At games end the Warriors got a small lead and French salted it away at the FR line. Game 4 New Philly French continues where he left off and paced the Royal Blue & White to an early lea with 15 1st half points. In the 4th quarter when the water was draining out of the tub it was Reece Patton kept putting the plug back in the drain. Then of course the "epic" drive/shot by Leffingwell and Yabs putback for the win. I could point to every kid on the floor 1-7 and the coaching staff that have provided key plays on this ride thru this tournament. A lot like the '83 NC State team. Along their magical run thru the ACC & NCAA Tournaments it was different players that if ANY of those guys don't make that certain big play at that critical time the ride woulda been over. I truly believe this TEAM can win. Many teams this season have made the mistake of solely trying to stop one or two guys. That's a recipe for a HUGE upset!!

GO BIG BAD BLUE!
Last edited by WarriorBlue on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Thanks Coach Skinner a class act...you guys are a lot of fun to watch...I will be routing for you against all opponents (except one!)

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Heard Warren sold out of all 2,300 tix allotted to them today.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to drive up there just to find out I can't get in, they will be selling tickets at the door, correct?

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

eagle7 wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to drive up there just to find out I can't get in, they will be selling tickets at the door, correct?
No tickets at the door sold out but there will be plenty tickets being scalped. An $8 ticket will prolly be $12-$15

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

there will be thousands of tickets at the door and you will be able to get one outside for less than face

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

eagle7 wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to drive up there just to find out I can't get in, they will be selling tickets at the door, correct?
They are also selling tickets on Ticketmaster. Type in "OHSAA Boys Basketball". The Warren game is Session 3 and you can pick your seat from the map.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

There will be plenty of tickets at the door..... there hasn't been a sell out i don't think since North College Hill, or maybe not even since Lebron at SVSM.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

warren totally overmatched by asvsm.

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Warren on an outstanding season. Great memories that will last a lifetime!

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

We gave it a good run for the first two quarters. ASVSM just shot the lights out in the third. We were just a step slow all night on the defensive side. They were constantly taking it into the lane and scoring easily inside. Reese Patton was on and showed he could score on this team. I also thought Mike and Evan Yabs did good job also. French could just not get free to hit his shots and that kind of threw him off most of the night. Foul trouble also took him out of the rythem also. Great job Warriors for a wonderful and unforgettable season. This fan already cannot wait to see what next year will bring.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Akron SVSM 70
Warren 51

... Great season/post season Coach Maddox, the Warren coaching staff and of course the Warrior TEAM ! thank you for allowing the rest of us hoops fans in Southern/Southeastern Ohio to stretch the 2012-13 season all the way to "the Show" in C'bus ... the Warren faithful were awesome! 2,500+ strong - great representation and support of your TEAM ... your kids ... be proud of what your team accomplished - all of us who were allowed to ride the Warrior Blue bandwagon the last week and a half - we are proud to have taken the ride with the Big Bad Blue ...

... a 19 point set back ... the final point spread was a product of WHS "HAVING" to go to man-to-man with a little over a minute to go in the third and all of the 4th period ... SVSM was hard enough to match up size wise in a zone, when the Warriors had to go man - impossible vs the Irish size and quickness ... size? SVSM starting lineup went 6-6, 6-0, 6-6, 6-6, 6-7 ... add to the size the hops at all positions for SVSM AND did I mention the boyz can shoot LOL ... at one point in the 3rd quarter the Irish were shooting at a 57% clip from the floor for the game, while controlling the offensive/defensive boards ... the quarter breaks were all SVSM ... SVSM 19 WHS 17 after one, SVSM 39 WHS 27 at intermission , the third ended SVSM 57 WHS 39 ... Akron SVSM 70 Warren Local 51 a final ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - SVSM ...

Scoring : Nick Wells 18, VJ King 14, Jalen Hudson 12, Jordan Hargrove 8, Fransohn Bickley 5, Newman Williams 4, Travonte Junius 4, Jarel Westridge 3, Joey Weber 2

3 Pointers : 2/8 ... King 1, Bickley 1

FT's : 18/29

TOs : 9

... SVSM is an excellent basketball team - size, strength in Nick Wells on the boards , quickness everywhere ... the Irish were 2 for 5 on dunks - yep SVSM attempted 5 dunks walked away with 2 ... I was amazed at the small Akron following - Warren easily out numbered the Irish fans 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 - looked like SVSM had a couple of bus loads of students for the student section + maybe 100 fans ... no Lebron sightings during the game ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Warren ...

Scoring : Reece Patton 24, Michael Hall 15, Evan French 5, Dylan Leffingwell 3, Matt Drayer 2, Corey Newlen 2, Andrew Drayer 2, Adam Lang 1

3 Pointers : 6/16 ... Patton 3, Hall 2, French 1

FT's : 8/14

TO : 15 ... 7 of the turnovers were in the 2nd quarter as SVSM got separation 39-27 going into the locker room ...

... Warren played the Irish even up in the first quarter (17-19 Irish) ... WHS took a 15-14 lead at one point in the 1st ... even Coach Larry Hunter ( Western Carolina) was impressed with what he saw out of the Warriors in the first (Coach Hunter was right behind pfloyd in the Cheap Seats) ... mentioning coaches - I passed West Virginia's coach Coach Huggins on the way into the Schott ( he IS as "plump" as he appears on tv lol ) ... back to the game - too many weapons, too much size for SVSM - maybe coach78 will give us the rebounding differential when he gets on the puter ... IF you ignore the final score there was BIG UP SIDE to this game - the biggest stage in high school hoops ... playing at the Show - Coach Maddox had 2 of his returnees for next season play as BIG as the stage they played on - Sophomore Michael Hall, junior Reece Patton played BIG this evening ... Hall handled the ball vs the 6-6 folks that guarded him, getting his shot, playing confidently with the ball ... Reece Patton - simply outstanding ... repeatedly knocking down his perimeter shot, repeatedly beating his man off the dribble ... today at the Schott we saw these 2 players (Hall/Patton) come of age, the sky is the limit for the duo next season alongside All Ohio Evan French ...

... Warren will be back in the hunt in the 2013-14 season ... look for the same players (teams) going at it down the stretch - Warren, Athens, New Philadelpia for a chance to be the Regional representative out of the Convo ... personally I can't wait for the 2013-14 season to get underway LOL ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

warrior90 wrote:We gave it a good run for the first two quarters. ASVSM just shot the lights out in the third. We were just a step slow all night on the defensive side. They were constantly taking it into the lane and scoring easily inside. Reese Patton was on and showed he could score on this team. I also thought Mike and Evan Yabs did good job also. French could just not get free to hit his shots and that kind of threw him off most of the night. Foul trouble also took him out of the rythem also. Great job Warriors for a wonderful and unforgettable season. This fan already cannot wait to see what next year will bring.
I agree this assessment....And, I am so proud of this team and all of the accomplishments they have made this year. If I had known they were going to lose, I would have gone anyways. This is such a great atmosphere to be in and knowing your team is there. Congratulations Warren on such a fantastic season. Many records broken....26-2, district and regional champions, 1st team player in Ohio, and the list goes on. Public school division 2 champions!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”