3/21-10:45 Ironton vs Ottawa Glandorf @ Schottenstein Cen

mhs95_06
S

Re: 3/21-10:45 Ironton vs Ottawa Glandorf @ Schottenstein Ce

Post by mhs95_06 »

Led by six and had the ball with 50 sec left, but wanted more points, threw it away, and fouled a 3 pt shooter who converted three, and then a turnover, then made one of two FTs and got sent into OT on a last second lay-up.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

have to play until the final horn. a couple of major mental errors were really costly. needed to keep feeding the hot hand.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

mhs95_06 wrote:Led by six and had the ball with 50 sec left, but wanted more points, threw it away, and fouled a 3 pt shooter who converted three, and then a turnover, then made one of two FTs and got sent into OT on a last second lay-up.
that is brutal!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Ironton and Coach Lafon on a outstanding season!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers of Coach LaFon - great season, great tourney run ... thank you for the way you represented Southern/Southeastern Ohio - your seniors will be missed , I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this group from their freshmen season thru their 4th season together on the high school stage - Zac Carter/Trey Fletcher/ Trevor White/Aaron Stephens/Darrius Boykin/Josh Glover ... truly a special group of athletes - thanks for letting the rest of Southern Ohio watch one of the best collections of athletes at one school in a long time - best of luck in your futures ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

No Napkin Stats on this one? Carter/Fletcher scoring?

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Fletcher had 27, White had 14, Carter had 12..

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Was carter sick. He just didn't look like himself. Fletcher was dominate.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Coach Lafon said in his Post Game interview that Zac Carter was playing with a Deep Thigh Bruise he suffered in the Oak Hill game and that he did not practice all week because of it.

Great season Tigers, thank you to all of the Seniors for taking us FANS on an amazing journey the last 4 years, it's been truly an honor watching you guys play. Good luck in everything that follows after High School.

PATTYCAKES
Freshman Team

Post by PATTYCAKES »

Stop making excuses, the best team won.... Because Levi says so. Wheres all the Tiger fans hidng now? they was all over this board untill they lost. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Been B&B
Riding the Bench

Post by Been B&B »

First of all I am not from Ironton.. I live over an hour away, so I am not one of their followers..OG is a good team but to say the best team won..I am not sure.. I saw the game and I thought the biggest call of the day was the no call.. Carter was going in for a lay-up and got tripped(it happened right in front of me), he did get tripped..NO CALL.. at the time I turned to a coaching friend of mine and said, "in a game like this it could be the difference".. Carter may have missed both free throws but I would have a better feeling today if he had shot them.. When a player trips, if it keeps him from continuing the play, a call has to be made.. it is no longer incidental contact.. we'll never know what...Not taking anything away from OG.. on that day they won..as a neutral observer..Ironton would win 7 out of 10...Not sour grapes just my opinion...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Been B&B wrote:First of all I am not from Ironton.. I live over an hour away, so I am not one of their followers..OG is a good team but to say the best team won..I am not sure.. I saw the game and I thought the biggest call of the day was the no call.. Carter was going in for a lay-up and got tripped(it happened right in front of me), he did get tripped..NO CALL.. at the time I turned to a coaching friend of mine and said, "in a game like this it could be the difference".. Carter may have missed both free throws but I would have a better feeling today if he had shot them.. When a player trips, if it keeps him from continuing the play, a call has to be made.. it is no longer incidental contact.. we'll never know what...Not taking anything away from OG.. on that day they won..as a neutral observer..Ironton would win 7 out of 10...Not sour grapes just my opinion...
nice post and very true........and I am an Ironton fan, not a coach or official, who was in attendance yesterday........

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Great season Tigers....You guys played with class and but came up just a tad short. No one can hang their heads low when they make it to the final four and lose. Everybody has a great team by that time. Congrats again on a very fine season.

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

I agree either you A)call a foul or B)there is a new way to prevent breakaway layups for the defense by tripping.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I felt like the two officials were calling a fair game..the older man couldn't have been more one sided...

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

officiating didn't lose that game. they just let it get away from them at the end, up 6 with less than 40 sec to play. a couple of brain cramp plays really hurt. some earlier decisions didn't help either.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

All Ironton had to do was hold the ball the last 50 sec and make the fowl shots .Game over

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="LEBANON LEVI"]Stop making excuses, the best team won.... Because Levi says so. Wheres all the Tiger fans hidng now? they was all over this board untill they lost. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

No one is making excuses!!! And everyone in this state knows the "BEST" team did not win!!! They got lucky and caught us on an off day. We don't have those very often. We made some major mistakes and OG got a break. Zac has never had a 12 pt game. OG did not shut him down he was just not up to par that game. You can say what you want and bash me all you want, call me a sore looser or whatever but everyone knows I am right except maybe OG fans, and if they were truthful with themselves they would say I am right. That game was a fluke. I felt like I was in the freakin twilight zone. We have beat the crap out of way better teams than that. I hate to be this way but the truth is the truth and I needed to vent!!!! So go ahead and bash me all ya want, but I will not be the sap on here who says "oh the best team won". I call BS!!

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

LEBANON LEVI wrote:Stop making excuses, the best team won.... Because Levi says so. Wheres all the Tiger fans hidng now? they was all over this board untill they lost. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hey lesbian levi you must have been one of losers that got a beat down from IRONTON lol.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I agree with the last two posts completely...they weren't in the top five teams Ironton beat this year....it was fate on their side that zack was hurt...sad but true...and the officials didn't give us any breaks.

Return to “Boys Basketball”