This game being played Sat? If so what time is tip off? Thanks

airforcejm
Varsity

Re: Peebles VS Eastern Pike

Post by airforcejm »

Game won't be close. Peebles by 28

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Just a question out of curiosity, what all "Junk" Defenses have been tried on Peebles this season? I would imagine a Box and 1 and a Diamond and 1 have been tried even with some trapping of Justice. Has anyone tried a Triangle and 2 or something else to limit the NBA(next best action) for Peebles other than Justice? Just curious, I am a big fan of Peebles, but was just wondering some of these things. Best of luck to both teams.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Last time we played I believe they held justice to 12 in 1st half but in 2nd him and arey both got hot I think beau had 34 and arey had 24 of there 75 but if u can shut down arey and contain beau then you arasmith sorry if not spelled right but last year at Peebles he was the one that hurt us so I don't think there is a defense to stop them other then everybody trying to help each other on D

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

This game will be closer than people think. Fitch at Eastern does a really good job of having his kids prepared, and they have the athletes to make a game of it. However, Justice will just be too much in the end.

I'll go:

Peebles 61
Eastern 56

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Wow d4hero! I hope your prediction is right. But Fitch (who is a great coach) loses by 5, he will have coached his best game ever. Justice will score what he wants on the d4 teams in this area. Just no one to guard him. He wont have trouble until he faces a team like Africentric that has the bigger guards to give him trouble on the jump shot. And the Arey kid is coming along nicely. But, like I said I hope your right. If Eastern loses by less than 15 they will have played a good game.

Im gonna say
Peebles 66
Eastern 48

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Eastern is very athletic, I saw them beat North Adams handily but NA was missing several kids, but I also watched Latham lose to a little healthier but still undermanned 4 win North Adams team so it is kind of hard to tell. Weren't Eastern and Western and Clays in a 3 way tie until Clay won the last game against western? If Western Latham and Eastern Pike or on the same level this game will be 20 or more. No knock on Latham or Pike they had fine seasons, but I think the teams are just on a different level. I think Eastern Pike/West Union would be a somewhat closer match up or comparison in the leagues, and I'm not sure West Union wouldn't win that game by 10. JMO. Good luck to both teams.

...............and that my friends, is the UGLY TRUTH!!!!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Peebles > Eastern Pike......I'll say 60-41

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

I'm not sure you'll see any "junk" defenses from Coach Fitch unless Justice goes off big early. I would start off alternating Thacker and Leist on him face guarding and working as hard as you possibly can to keep him from catching the ball. The kid is incredible and there is no real answer but getting him off to a slow start is a good start defensively and I think the Eagles are capable. Coach Fitch needs the most disciplined effort on D that they have given all year and let shots fall where they will. Several players on the team have been known to get into some silly foul trouble in big games and it's hurt them down the stretch. If that happens it'll be a long ride back to Beaver with a runner-up trophy.

Fatlight78
Waterboy

Post by Fatlight78 »

Peebles could run away with it but it also could be a close good game in the first game eastern's guards were off wasn't shooting well and they started forcing jus hopeing they go in but if there hitting there shots it could be a good game but I'm going to say peebles by 14

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Jay Bruce wrote:Idiot

He has an opinion just like you do!

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

I don't think Eastern has one kid who can contain Beau! I really don't think it would be a wise move to put Thacker on him either, Eastern needs him on the floor to try and keep this game close. I would say that Eastern is going to see a lot of ball pressure in this one,if they can take care of the ball they could have a chance! Peebles wins 78-61.

tcatpride
Freshman Team

Post by tcatpride »

I'll take peebles by 15. Eastern shooters will keep them in the game..

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

Good thing for the eagles the indians didnt go undefeated so there is film on how to beat them and we got it paint valley isnt dominate but they was that night they had the formula any good coach with that film will have his
team playing it in a district championship game.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

So the key is to have multiple guys over 6'5? Are they genetically modifying DNA at Eastern for the game tomorrow?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

NewEra wrote:So the key is to have multiple guys over 6'5? Are they genetically modifying DNA at Eastern for the game tomorrow?
That's the plan, there was a recent scientific breakthrough in the village of Beaver. They were originally going to go 6'9", 6'10" but didn't want to over do it.

PullingGard
Waterboy

Post by PullingGard »

Don't see eastern within 15. Watched them play Western at Eastern, Western played really well, but Leist in foul trouble hurt Eastern bad, it really showed how Eastern wasn't that deep. Pebbles seems to have a much stronger bench, which I think will show tomorrow. Good luck to both teams.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I have heard some rumors of a major slow-down game plan coming down the pike in the this one. Peebles will still win, but I am predicting 22-15 as the final score!!

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeye_monester »

brown75 wrote:Good thing for the eagles the indians didnt go undefeated so there is film on how to beat them and we got it paint valley isnt dominate but they was that night they had the formula any good coach with that film will have his
team playing it in a district championship game.
Paint Valleys guards shot like 78% from downtown in that game. I do not know what Paint Valleys bigs had numbers but they did not hurt Peebles in that game near as bad as the guards, it did not seem like they missed a shot all night. Tribe may remember their names, one was a 1000 pont scorer for his career. Stratton? Formula was that they were on fire that night. Gordley, Ryan and Kremin did a good job underneath.

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

Is that the reason paint valley beat them they were so tall ive seen justice shoot and go around tall guys before so that must not have been the game plan just being tall. The eagles will be ready.

Return to “Boys Basketball”