Warren vs Unioto DII District Championship

ASUCheer
Waterboy

Re: Warren vs Unioto DII District Championship

Post by ASUCheer »

Did I miss PFloyd's write-ups for the last games????

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

XIII wrote:Did I miss PFloyd's write-ups for the last games????
Nope. You didn't miss the write-ups. PFloyd hasn't posted them yet. I suspect that his plate has been absolutely FULL covering all of the games coming out of this area and he just hasn't had the time. Hopefully, he will be able to post in the next day or two. It would be interesting to read his take.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Should be a good final. If Unioto pulls away at the end, will Ole Blue lead the Warren fans out of the Convo early like last year?

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

This is an excellent match up. I have watched Unioto a couple of times this year and have to say that they are one of the most well rounded teams that I have seen. Quick, athletic and can shoot the ball. This game comes down to two things. 3 pt shooting of Unioto and Warren's defense. There are other aspects to the game, but I feel these two will be the deciding factors. Unioto can shoot the 3 ball well. Warren plays a very stingy defense. Can Unioto handle 32 minutes of in your face on your hip pocket defense and can Warren weather the storm if Unioto is hot from 3 pt land? My gut tells me that the defense prevails and Warren will come away with the victory. I don't think Unioto has played a team like Warren this year. Just ask Athens. These kids have a very special will to win. They will not lay down and they will give you 32 minutes of hard nosed basketball. I'm not saying that Unioto's kids don't want to win, "I'm sure they do". Warren has had games this year that they could of quit in, but they fought back. I don't believe that Unioto has had many close games. The Warriors believe in each other and the TEAM aspect of the game. The injuries to Warren may play a little role, but the bench has been there all year when they've been needed. Just my take on the game!! GOOD LUCK AND GO BLUE

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

WarriorBlue wrote:
goodsoccer8 wrote:Warren is nursing some injuries while Unioto is finding their perfect form again. I'm taking Unioto in a monumental statement of a game. Length, athleticism, defense, shooting, and most importantly DEPTH should carry the Shermans to a Gold Medal. My final score prediction: 74-61
I should prolly tell Coach Maddox and the boys they should just stay in Washington County. Kentucky has been spotted wearing Unioto unis lol

•New Flash•
We not Athens!!!

*Another news flash*
They not Minford!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I got to take Warren in this one, I don't know the style they play and the coaching are on their side.
Warren by 8 -10 after free throws Unioto actually struggled a bit with Gallia Academy if that's believable? I saw it with my own 2 eyes.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:
WarriorBlue wrote:
goodsoccer8 wrote:Warren is nursing some injuries while Unioto is finding their perfect form again. I'm taking Unioto in a monumental statement of a game. Length, athleticism, defense, shooting, and most importantly DEPTH should carry the Shermans to a Gold Medal. My final score prediction: 74-61
I should prolly tell Coach Maddox and the boys they should just stay in Washington County. Kentucky has been spotted wearing Unioto unis lol

•New Flash•
We not Athens!!!

*Another news flash*
They not Minford!!
When does Minford play again? December?

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Beaver ,have some one splain it to you lmao.

Hint
When does Athens play again?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gotta root for SEOAL foe Warren in this one.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Truthfully, I haven't seen either of them play this season. But, based on tradition and coaching, I gotta go with Warren in a squeaker.

SOUTHEASTOHIO
Waterboy

Post by SOUTHEASTOHIO »

This game excites me in many ways. The main reason for the excitement is I believe this is the first legit test the Sherman Tanks have been presented all year. This does not mean that the tanks had a weak schedule, it just means that the tanks were by far better than anyone they played this year and they are better than Warren. Remember, I said this would be a test, not a loss. The tanks are loaded in every position and what intrigues me the most is there overall team speed and there ability to shoot the ball. Warren plays stout D and will slow down this explosive team but will not be able to keep the press and face guarding D up for 4 quarters. Warren will use the excuse when they lose that two of there starters are injured but in my book that just means the tanks will be heading back to the convo and the warriors will be warming up there baseball gloves. Therefore, the main reason the tanks take this one 70-55 is 1, they will penetrate all night and get layups because of there overall team speed, 2 once warren utilizes help side D they will kick it to one of there sharp shooters and knock down 3 balls. and 3, I stuck around for the Minford Warren game last week and Warrens fans were by far the worst I've seen in years at the convo. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S My district POY is #44 #purescorer

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I really like Unioto. I thought Warren didn't play well at all and still beat Minford. Didn't shoot the ball worth a lick. If Warren can knock down some perimeter shots, then I like their chances. But I'm still going to go with the Sherman Tanks in this. Going to be one helluva game

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Should be fun. Not going to make a prediction because it's obvious what mine would be.

The Warriors will show the Shermans more defensive pressure in the full court than they have seen this season, but I believe the Shermans have enough guard play to be able to handle it for the most part. The Shermans length should aid them when dealing with Hall, but it's going to be a very tough test. Hoping both teams bring their A+ game tomorrow night!

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

Hank, I think you are in for a big surprise. The pressure WILL be there all night long. Just like every other game Warren has played. Gotta bring the fans into it too? Well, the Warrior faithful will be there in full force. Come early to get a seat. I look for a really competitive game from both sides. GO BLUE--I'M WITH YA ALL THE WAY.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

HANKtheTANK wrote:Warren will use the excuse when they lose that two of there starters are injured but in my book that just means the tanks will be heading back to the convo and the warriors will be warming up there baseball gloves.
There are no excuses, but if you don't think having two starters out against an undefeated team is a disadvantage I'm not sure what to tell you. I haven't heard anyone point out anything about the injuries other than the fact that other kids have now stepped up two games in a row to overcome that adversity. Unioto is easily the best team they'll have faced under those circumstances, so it will certainly be a challenge.
HANKtheTANK wrote: I stuck around for the Minford Warren game last week and Warrens fans were by far the worst I've seen in years at the convo.
In what way?

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

HANKtheTANK wrote: Warren plays stout D and will slow down this explosive team but will not be able to keep the press and face guarding D up for 4 quarters. Warren will use the excuse when they lose that two of there starters are injured but in my book that just means the tanks will be heading back to the convo and the warriors will be warming up there baseball gloves.
We may not make a shot all night but I can guarantee you this the Warren Warriors will play defense and they will play it for 32 minutes all over the court. This current edition of Warrior Basketball has taken pride all year long and "Hung their Hat" on the defensive end of the floor. Unlike a lot of teams that pile up terrific numbers defensively by taking lots of chances and putting pressure on the remaining defenders. Warren is sound and relentless. Kids like Andrew Henthorn, Aaron Mazurkiewicz and Seth Hall don't know ANY other way to play.

Excuses you won't get. What you WILL get is our kids BEST shot!!!

This game will come down to offensive efficiency. Can the Warriors limit the # of GOOD LOOKS the Sherman's get. Warren is a streaky shooting team but unlike a lot of teams that shoot it well beyond the arc they don't live & die with the 3ball.
Warren also has the ability to make teams work defensively helping to make that teams own offense less effective.

Beating Unioto will be a monumental task for the boys in Royal Blue & White but if there is a team in the District to try and give the Mighty Tanks a game well Warren accepts the challenge and will give it their best shot.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

SOUTHEASTOHIO
Waterboy

Post by SOUTHEASTOHIO »

enigmaax wrote:
HANKtheTANK wrote:Warren will use the excuse when they lose that two of there starters are injured but in my book that just means the tanks will be heading back to the convo and the warriors will be warming up there baseball gloves.
There are no excuses, but if you don't think having two starters out against an undefeated team is a disadvantage I'm not sure what to tell you. I haven't heard anyone point out anything about the injuries other than the fact that other kids have now stepped up two games in a row to overcome that adversity. Unioto is easily the best team they'll have faced under those circumstances, so it will certainly be a challenge.
HANKtheTANK wrote: I stuck around for the Minford Warren game last week and Warrens fans were by far the worst I've seen in years at the convo.
In what way?
The fans were in no way disrespectful, but also in no way were they supporting there team by showing any excitement when timeouts were called or pivotal parts of the game. Warren fans are so used to watching good teams year in and year out, there fans expect them to win no matter what. I don't think people realize how much the crowd has an impact on high school games. When you get down at the Convo and your fans are down as well, you start to feel pretty lonely on that big court. I realize at the end of the day it is just basketball, but I know the Unioto Sherman Tanks cheering section is going to be in FULL FORCE, tuned in for basketball thirty and ready to clinch out regional berth.

P.S My district POY is #44 #purescorer

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Unioto had by far the biggest crowd at the convo in a long time. Reminded me of the crowds Logan elm and Green Field McClain brought to the convo 10 years ago

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Warren is an outstanding program, with an outstanding coach, and they play team basketball. I learned more in the one game we played against them, from their players and their coach, than all of our other games combined. Should be a great one. Best of luck to the Warriors.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Looking for the SVC Representative Unioto Shermans to win this one in a thriller!

Return to “Boys Basketball”