DII - FINAL FOUR - AT THE CONVO!

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Re: DII - FINAL FOUR - AT THE CONVO!

Post by gotgame? »

I am sure he has played there plenty of times. I believe it will be Warren and Athens.

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

So apparently having no idea what to do when Lutz fouled out had nothing to do with coaching? I mean, the rest of the team looking around lost, as if they had less players on the court than the other team had nothing at all to do with not being coached up on a plan for when and if that happened? Okay, got it. IF these two meet up again I think you will see what a difference good coaching can make. But that is a big IF, since both have tough games to get there.[/quote]

So, just out of curiosity, in what other game has Lutz fouled out for which this change in coaching has resulted in a win? Obviously, Lutz must have fouled out at some point with this new coaching strategy in place to demonstrate how much better Athens is now since the 32-point loss to Warren.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens got outplayed at Warren, plain and simple. End of story.

here is hopping for a rematch ... or shall I say, round 5!

lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens without Lutz is a 7 or 8 lost team. Circleville, Logan elm, Vinton and Alexander once, Warren, Akron St V by 50, Bishop Watterson, and Sheridan in the Tournament.
With Lutz Athens has by far the best ball handler around

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens without Lutz is a 7 or 8 lost team. Circleville, Logan elm, Vinton and Alexander once, Warren, Akron St V by 50, Bishop Watterson, and Sheridan in the Tournament.
With Lutz Athens has by far the best ball handler around
You could say that about any team that lost their guard with Lutz talent.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck to the Minford falcons.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

WarriorNation123 wrote:So apparently having no idea what to do when Lutz fouled out had nothing to do with coaching? I mean, the rest of the team looking around lost, as if they had less players on the court than the other team had nothing at all to do with not being coached up on a plan for when and if that happened? Okay, got it. IF these two meet up again I think you will see what a difference good coaching can make. But that is a big IF, since both have tough games to get there.
So, just out of curiosity, in what other game has Lutz fouled out for which this change in coaching has resulted in a win? Obviously, Lutz must have fouled out at some point with this new coaching strategy in place to demonstrate how much better Athens is now since the 32-point loss to Warren.[/quote]

Okay, you swayed me. No coaching involved in basketball. It's just like gym class. Roll out the balls and hope for the best. :mrgreen:

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

Ground Buck wrote:
WarriorNation123 wrote:So apparently having no idea what to do when Lutz fouled out had nothing to do with coaching? I mean, the rest of the team looking around lost, as if they had less players on the court than the other team had nothing at all to do with not being coached up on a plan for when and if that happened? Okay, got it. IF these two meet up again I think you will see what a difference good coaching can make. But that is a big IF, since both have tough games to get there.
So, just out of curiosity, in what other game has Lutz fouled out for which this change in coaching has resulted in a win? Obviously, Lutz must have fouled out at some point with this new coaching strategy in place to demonstrate how much better Athens is now since the 32-point loss to Warren.
Okay, you swayed me. No coaching involved in basketball. It's just like gym class. Roll out the balls and hope for the best. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Congratulations on posting a response that demonstrates exactly how much you missed my point. I could try explaining it but I know it would be a complete waste of time. Just keep believing that poor coaching was the reason for the 32-point loss to Warren and that the ex-OU coach will make everything all better.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

WarriorNation123 wrote:
Congratulations on posting a response that demonstrates exactly how much you missed my point. I could try explaining it but I know it would be a complete waste of time. Just keep believing that poor coaching was the reason for the 32-point loss to Warren and that the ex-OU coach will make everything all better.
Actually, I am laughing about you completely missing my point. I never once stated that coaching was the reason for a 32 point loss. My point is that the coaching has seemed to improve since then, when it was clearly non existent. We do agree that the ex-OU coach has and will make things better. Will he "make everything all better?" That is yet to be seen.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

If the coaching was clearly non existent does that mean Athens did not have any coaches on the sideline ? Athens over Unioto by 15 points.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Johnny Quest wrote:If the coaching was clearly non existent does that mean Athens did not have any coaches on the sideline ? Athens over Unioto by 15 points.
I'll let you figure that one out. :mrgreen:

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

danicalifornia wrote:
Regulator wrote:
FrenchtownFan wrote:4 good teams with good followings should make for 3 exciting games in d2
Pretty sure there are only 2 games! LOL
I'm guessing the 3rd game is the District Championship game, but I can't talk for FF.
I'm pretty dumb, but even I knew he was talking about both games then the final, C'mon Man!

tomcatcorner
Waterboy

Post by tomcatcorner »

I cannot see any team getting beat by 15. I think Unioto/ Athens game will come down to who has more gas at the end as i see a very uptempo game. Both teams I believe will be very physical and I think Unioto has more depth. I have to go Unioto in this one only because the depth at every position. There is a reason there have been only 2-3 close games. This is a very good team. This will be game of the night and the year. Convo will be loud and cannot wait to see two great teams that represent the Southeast very well.

nybuckeye99
Waterboy

Post by nybuckeye99 »

Can anyone explain to me why OU and/or the OHSAA won't allow fans to sit in the lower bleachers of these games? It is absolutely ridiculous that these teams can't play a game in an atmosphere that is similar to one they would play at any other venue. To play in a "bowl" where your nearest fans are 20-30 feet above and away from you is just plain wrong.

I can't see any reason why students from their respective schools shouldn't be allowed to sit in the lower bleachers of the Convo to cheer their classmates on. It's difficult enough to play on a floor where the perspective of the baskets themselves are completely different for every team playing at the Convo (with the exception of Athens, of course) without also taking away the energy that their classmates could bring.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

WarriorNation123 wrote:Can anyone explain to me why OU and/or the OHSAA won't allow fans to sit in the lower bleachers of these games? It is absolutely ridiculous that these teams can't play a game in an atmosphere that is similar to one they would play at any other venue. To play in a "bowl" where your nearest fans are 20-30 feet above and away from you is just plain wrong.

I can't see any reason why students from their respective schools shouldn't be allowed to sit in the lower bleachers of the Convo to cheer their classmates on. It's difficult enough to play on a floor where the perspective of the baskets themselves are completely different for every team playing at the Convo (with the exception of Athens, of course) without also taking away the energy that their classmates could bring.
I have said this same thing for years, but we all know the OHSAA does not care what the fans or players think. I agree with you, and it is a shame.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I might be wrong but wasn't their a big fight at the convo back in the day

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warriors down a starter for the remainder of the season due to Kyler Dennis's injury against Logan Elm but Seth Hall is more than capable of filling that position.
Last edited by Whs95fan on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

WHS95FAN wrote:Warriors down a starter for the remainder of the season due to Kyler Dennis's injury against Logan Elm but Setb Hall is more than capable of filling that position.
Sorry to hear but Seth hall stepped up big against Logan elm

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This year's edition of the D2 district is one of the most attractive in a long time. Both games should be highly competitive, and the district championship should be a classic.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

WarriorNation123 wrote:Can anyone explain to me why OU and/or the OHSAA won't allow fans to sit in the lower bleachers of these games? It is absolutely ridiculous that these teams can't play a game in an atmosphere that is similar to one they would play at any other venue. To play in a "bowl" where your nearest fans are 20-30 feet above and away from you is just plain wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't these seats require fans to go through the tunnels that the teams and trainers have to go through? I can't think of a good reason why they would disallow fans from getting closer to the action, *unless* there is a premise that they don't want kids/adults lingering around the tunnel or by the locker rooms at game time. (However, even this doesn't make much sense since there are people that linger by the tunnel. Perhaps they have special permission!?)

The only other explanation I can imagine is they (OU) don't want to employ someone to pick up the trash in and around the bleachers that the college student section sits for a HS tournament game.

I perfectly understand the arguments for letting fans get closer to the action, but I'm sure there is a decent explanation somewhere. I don't think teams such as Warren really have to worry about this unless they're concerned about capacity purposes, because I'm sure that Warren could bring enough fans to fill the seats below the lower bowl, the lower bowl, and the upper bowls.

Does it blow? Yeah, but it could be worse. Your guys' teams could have been playing at the Fairground Coliseum, where the stands are further away from the action.

Return to “Boys Basketball”