DII - FINAL FOUR - AT THE CONVO!

swohio
Waterboy

Re: DII - FINAL FOUR - AT THE CONVO!

Post by swohio »

You do not have to go thru the tunnels to get to the bleacher seats. You walk down the stairs just like the rest of the seats. Seems like it would make for an even more exciting atmosphere if the bleacher seats were left out but who would want that?!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The_Busdriver wrote:You do not have to go thru the tunnels to get to the bleacher seats. You walk down the stairs just like the rest of the seats. Seems like it would make for an even more exciting atmosphere if the bleacher seats were left out but who would want that?!
I have had the site manager on my radio show before, he explained why bleachers are not pulled out. I wish I could remember exactly what he said, but I remember him making some good points. Maybe I can get him on again this year and I'll ask him again.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Will the weather have any impact on these games Saturday? Suppose to be in the 40's then

ToTheTop56
Waterboy

Post by ToTheTop56 »

I am new to the forum, Have been reading the comments posted for several
years. Thought it was time for me to chime in. I said many years ago at a pee wee basketball tournament that the basketball in this part of Ohio was going to be exciting to watch for several years to come, and boy these kids have not disappointed!!!!! I mean look at Athens, Fort Frye, Waterford, Marietta with Duck at the helm is improving at a rapid pace. Belpre had a tough year, but you know they will be back and then you have Warren Local. Basketball strong for many years now, Thanks to a very well run JR High program. This Warren team I feel is this BEST "TEAM" minded we have seen in years. I've been following Warren sports for a long time I have never seen a bunch of men bond the way this team does. Doesn't matter who starts, scores, plays, or rides the pine the most, they are ALL rooting for the other guy! Proof being the fantastic ball sharing this year. countless layup chances forgone to give the other guy a chance to score or dunk! Sorry so long of a post just very proud of the Warrior men and the TEAM, FAMILY first attitude!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I imagine a lot of it is crowd control. If you pull the bleachers downs, it opens the possibility of fans rushing the floor after a big win or wanting to get on the floor to take a photo of Johnny cutting down the net.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Maybe it could be a liability with the bleachers so close

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I will have coach Jeff Skinner on The Sports Fan on 970WATH tonight at 6:10. And also WarriorBlue on around 6:30.

The show can be heard live at 6:06pm on 970WATH and 97.1FM or wxtq.com.

Phone calls for the one hour show are encouraged. 1-888-592-6646.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ground Buck wrote:
WarriorNation123 wrote:Can anyone explain to me why OU and/or the OHSAA won't allow fans to sit in the lower bleachers of these games? It is absolutely ridiculous that these teams can't play a game in an atmosphere that is similar to one they would play at any other venue. To play in a "bowl" where your nearest fans are 20-30 feet above and away from you is just plain wrong.

I can't see any reason why students from their respective schools shouldn't be allowed to sit in the lower bleachers of the Convo to cheer their classmates on. It's difficult enough to play on a floor where the perspective of the baskets themselves are completely different for every team playing at the Convo (with the exception of Athens, of course) without also taking away the energy that their classmates could bring.
I have said this same thing for years, but we all know the OHSAA does not care what the fans or players think. I agree with you, and it is a shame.

OHSAA has nothing to do with this decision.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:I will have coach Jeff Skinner on The Sports Fan on 970WATH tonight at 6:10. And also WarriorBlue on around 6:30.

The show can be heard live at 6:06pm on 970WATH and 97.1FM or wxtq.com.

Phone calls for the one hour show are encouraged. 1-888-592-6646.
Where's Dani with the Western view? ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Call in around 6:45. That would be great!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Does the first game still start at 7 tonight?

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

I'm sticking with my old SEOAL teams Warren and Athens. Would make for a great Final. Are the hot dogs on yet??????

J0623
Waterboy

Post by J0623 »

G.W.A. wrote:Does the first game still start at 7 tonight?
Saturday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… something to keep in mind : both Kyler Dennis and Blake Kidder for Warren were injured in the Sectional final vs LE … I don't believe Kyler Dennis will be able to go Saturday evening … any word on Blake Kidder … these two components for the Warriors are BIG role players for Warren … with Kidder a MAJOR part of the offense … hope both are in fact able to get on the floor and be effective for the Big Bad Blue …

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

pfloyd wrote:… something to keep in mind : both Kyler Dennis and Blake Kidder for Warren were injured in the Sectional final vs LE … I don't believe Kyler Dennis will be able to go Saturday evening … any word on Blake Kidder … these two components for the Warriors are BIG role players for Warren … with Kidder a MAJOR part of the offense … hope both are in fact able to get on the floor and be effective for the Big Bad Blue …

Was told earlier this week that Dennis was done for the year but the information I was given appears to be false. The Marietta times has a nice article preview up about the game and it states Dennis is questionable for the game Saturday while Kidder has been suffering from a sore ankle but should be good to go tomorrow night. Blake played the majority of the make-up game against Marietta tuesday night so nothing to believe otherwise.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WHS95FAN - thanks for the clarification … imo Kidder has been the Warrior MVP in the games I have seen this season … again I hope both see action and are as close to 100% as they can get this time of year …

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Dennis is done for the year!!!! :(

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Hate to hear the Warriors are a man down. Next Man Up ! Good Luck to coach Maddox and the Warriors. Go Blue !

hoopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by hoopsfan »

Losing Dennis is a factor for Warren because it hurts the depth of the normal rotation. Seth Hall is definitely an equal replacement but it changes the depth of guards. Dennis was in double digits 7 of the last 8 games before the sectional final. Warren's bench has been great all season and I would expect nothing less. Convo will be host of 4 great teams tonight.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I am picking Unioto over Athens

And Minford will give Warren everything they have but lose in a very close margin. 55-54.

It's basketball thirty at the Convo!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”