Best basketball player in Southeast Ohio right now!?

Refused
Waterboy

Best basketball player in Southeast Ohio right now!?

Post by Refused »

I have seen a lot of great players in Southeastern Ohio and what are your guys thoughts on who the best basketball player is in southeastern Ohio?
I would say Beau Justice

jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Best basketball player in Southeast Ohio right now!?

Post by jottings »

Joe Burrows, Athens is one of the best.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

Don't forget, Oliver from Portsmouth.

biscut
Riding the Bench

Post by biscut »

Oliver, from Portsmouth? You mean Allison?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Beau is probably the best player in the Southeast district this year. Tommy Bolte, Joe Burrow, and Kyre Allison are all excellent players as well.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Michael Hall from Warren

Refused
Waterboy

Post by Refused »

I like Kyre Allison, he's a monster. He's probably got the most potential to play Division I somewhere for a big school. He's that good, and does anybody know how many he's averaging ?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Griffin Lutz from Athens

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Like Kyre, haven't seen anyone else on the list so I cant have an opinion, but I think Kyre, after developing a great defense could be as good as he wants to be

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Really like Kyre. Hard to not pick Justice from Peebles. Great player!

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Just my opinion on the Top 10 in no particular order

Michael Hall (Warren) Great size, can play many positions and very skilled as well as a great athlete

Joe Burrow (Athens) Superb overall athlete with tremendous strength, his future is in football however as we know

Kyrie Allison (Portsmouth) Great speed and athleticism and can score MANY ways

Beau Justice (Peebles) Absolute scoring machine, best shooter in SE Ohio and maybe the whole state.

Brayden Greer (South Gallia) Best true PG and passer in SE Ohio, tremendous court vision

Ryan Brown (Valley) Tremendous length and scores with both hands while capable of playing 4 positions

Bryan Rolfe (Valley) Good size and a leader that can score inside and outside

Tristen Wolfe (Southern) Best defender in SE Ohio with a motor that never stops and underrated scorer and rebounder

Tommy Bolte (Chillicothe) Overall talented player that can score at will, dealt with an injury early and came back strong

Kenton Gullion (Minford) Leads a very good team in nearly every category, very solid overall player

Honorable mentions: Michael Davis (west), Sky Oliver (Portsmouth), Micah Couch (Trimble), Griffin Lutz (Athens), Nick Corcoran (Unioto), Josh Thacker (Eastern)

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

any of these kids going D1 ?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

baitbuster wrote:any of these kids going D1 ?
Kyre might get the opportunity but he has a year left of high school. I haven't heard of any offers for Hall but I know he has gotten some interest. Burrow is going to Ohio State for football. Beau got some D1 interest but has decided to play at D2 power West Liberty and Bolte is going to Concord in the same league. Greer I believe is going to D3 Marietta and I am not sure about the rest of them. With Ibi Watson/Parker Stewart transferring from Athens in the past couple years there really isn't an overwhelming amount of D1 potential in the district.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw were sophomore 6'5 point guard Parker Stewart picked up an offer from Memphis. Ibi Watson 6'6 SG is the best basketball player I've seen in SEO in a very very long time. Sucks they left Athens, thought last year if Parker played on Athens would have been the start of the 4 year state contender teams. 6 division 1 athletes on Athens

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Justice. Boltes defense is what knocks him out of the top 5. Portsmouth kid in 2nd , let the Athens kids continue to play football.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Kyre might get the opportunity but he has a year left of high school. I haven't heard of any offers for Hall but I know he has gotten some interest. Burrow is going to Ohio State for football. Beau got some D1 interest but has decided to play at D2 power West Liberty and Bolte is going to Concord in the same league. Greer I believe is going to D3 Marietta and I am not sure about the rest of them. With Ibi Watson/Parker Stewart transferring from Athens in the past couple years there really isn't an overwhelming amount of D1 potential in the district.
Tribe,
Did Beau receive any d1 offers and if so who were they? Just curious, I thought I had heard gardner webb at one point.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
Tribe,
Did Beau receive any d1 offers and if so who were they? Just curious, I thought I had heard gardner webb at one point.
Im not sure if he got any offers. Yeah, Beau went for a visit at Gardner Webb and had some other small D1 schools contact him but I don't really know specifics.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Griffin Lutz is ranked 26th in 2017 in Ohio. No one else in SEO is ranked in their class

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Griffin Lutz is ranked 26th in 2017 in Ohio. No one else in SEO is ranked in their class
By who? Link?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

http://nextuprecruits.com/rankings/ohio-2017/

Lutz has by far the most potential in this area

Return to “Boys Basketball”