Minford peaking for tourney time Again!!!

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Minford peaking for tourney time Again!!!

Post by buckeyedan »

I should have said downward peaking in title. While valley is good, they are no minford talent wise. I know I'll be called a hater but I'll be back after circleville bounces them out of the tourney

Bugs76
Waterboy

Re: Minford peaking for tourney time Again!!!

Post by Bugs76 »

Wow, such a classy post.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Lieutenant wrote:Wow, such a classy post.
It's a forum, he can voice his opinion. You do. Just because some don't agree with it doesn't mean its classless.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Valley has a couple pretty talented kids and a good team, not sure I would be canceling the rest of the season because I lost to them.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley is no slouch. #1 seed in D3 sectional, only losses were to undefeated Unioto(a game they played very well in), Minford, Harvest Prep, and a bad early season loss vs West.

Indians finished 12-2 in SOC play and have a decent shot at winning another District title.

Minford will be just fine.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Why are people talking About all this recruiting that goes on at Minford??
It's a shame to hear ppl complaining after the great season they had.
I don't even know who they are talking about. ??

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley is no slouch. #1 seed in D3 sectional, only losses were to undefeated Unioto(a game they played very well in), Minford, Harvest Prep, and a bad early season loss vs West.

Indians finished 12-2 in SOC play and have a decent shot at winning another District title.

it was early season for west to LOL valley and coaches where outmatched in that game

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

pmow3 wrote:Why are people talking About all this recruiting that goes on at Minford??
It's a shame to hear ppl complaining after the great season they had.
I don't even know who they are talking about. ??
You and me both. I'd like to see facts.

With open enrollment kids transfer all the time in southeastern Ohio. I could name 10 good athletes from Minford that transferred out to other schools.....some after their sophomore and junior years.......I don't remember anyone crying about that. We wished them the best and then wanted to beat them.

Times are changing to a world full of cry babies.....that stick out like sore thumbs on this board.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Did they just transfer Bc of personal reasons? Or were they recruited to another school? Big difference

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Congratulations to the undisputed, outright SOC 2 basketball champions The Mighty Minford Falcons. Yes they lost to Valley last night but Valley played aggressive on defense and played with more desire and fight. This doesn't take away from Minford season. They played hard but Valley played harder. Minford needs to bring their A game for the tournament because this game will be on everyone scouting report. Minford already wrapped up the SOC championship they may have been too relaxed playing Valley. The intensity didn't seemed to be there last night.

ddp
Riding the Bench

Post by ddp »

DIDO wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Valley is no slouch. #1 seed in D3 sectional, only losses were to undefeated Unioto(a game they played very well in), Minford, Harvest Prep, and a bad early season loss vs West.

it was early season for west to LOL valley and coaches where outmatched in that game

that don't count you wasn't playing post season football :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Congrats to Minford on the title...you earned it...you can't begin to measure the intangibles between this very competitive, intense and fierce rivalry...I wouldn't put much stock in the Falcon loss but on the other hand I hope other schools take the team lightly in the tournament!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I know the teams in the Logan D2 Sectional are NOT taking Minford lightly at all … their body of work speaks for itself … I watched the Falcons go into the WarriroDome and almost left with the "W" … and SHOULD HAVE left with the "W" imo … it was a great game to watch … looking forward to seeing Minford again in the post season for sure … anytime I have had a conversation with folks (coaches/fans) who have the potential to take on a team from the SEastern Sectional it is ALWAYS the Falcons who are at the top of the conversation - Coach Shoemakers boys have earned much respect from the coaches in this area ...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

baitbuster wrote:
DIDO wrote:

that don't count you wasn't playing post season football :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm not sure what either of you mean? I didn't say it was a loss because of football, or anything....I simply said it was a "bad early season loss"

Game was early in the season, Valley went 12-2 in the SOC, with one of the losses being to a .500 west team, which is a "bad loss". Wasn't making excuses for it, just stating the games Valley lost.

Good luck to Minford, hope you go far!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I would like to see a West-Valley sectional final, I feel that would be a great ball game.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

DIDO wrote:

Then what happened in game 2??? It's pretty clear that Valley got better as the season progressed and they got into basketball mode, and that doesnt take away from the West win. Not many, or any teams, have had the regular season or postseason success of Valley football and basketball the last few years. The two are not mutually exclusive.

And as I Valley fan, I think a West-Valley sectional title game would be just fine. Never seen a 17-4 team who clearly got better throughout the year, get so disrespected. Good luck to Minford as well! Very skilled and quality team. These two are head and shoulders above the rest in the league.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

JuanMorales wrote:Did they just transfer Bc of personal reasons? Or were they recruited to another school? Big difference
You are the one running your chops like you know everything. Why don't you tell us???

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Obviously I don't know Bc im asking the question. Thanks for your pointless comment

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

JuanMorales wrote:Obviously I don't know Bc im asking the question. Thanks for your pointless comment
From reading your comments about Minford recruiting from the other thread you either know something nobody else does or blowing smoke out of your pie hole. Which is it?

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

oh it's a fact. trust me

Return to “Boys Basketball”