Minford peaking for tourney time Again!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Minford peaking for tourney time Again!!!

Post by danicalifornia »

JuanMorales wrote:Anybody know anything about Hillsboro? Could they cause Minford problems??
Small, but athletic. A couple of nice guards, but nothing that should really trouble the Falcons.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Should be a nice tune-up game then before a matchup w/ Circleville

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

This team in the last 3 or 4 weeks was beat by Valley and struggled to beat Burg, Coal Grove, and Hillsboro (I feel like I'm leaving one out too!). You can say it's negative or you can say it's a bball fan calling it as I see them.

I give them props for winning the SOC, but they just don't have what it takes in the tournament. At the end of the day, if you can't defend in a man and end possessions with rebounds, you aren't making long runs in the tournament.

Good luck versus Circleville. I haven't seen them this year, but if its the same coach, I know he does a really nice job. I would look for a VERY close game and for the better coached team to win this one. We'll see who does the better job.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

TornadoCagers wrote:This team in the last 3 or 4 weeks was beat by Valley and struggled to beat Burg, Coal Grove, and Hillsboro (I feel like I'm leaving one out too!). You can say it's negative or you can say it's a bball fan calling it as I see them.

I give them props for winning the SOC, but they just don't have what it takes in the tournament. At the end of the day, if you can't defend in a man and end possessions with rebounds, you aren't making long runs in the tournament.

Good luck versus Circleville. I haven't seen them this year, but if its the same coach, I know he does a really nice job. I would look for a VERY close game and for the better coached team to win this one. We'll see who does the better job.
While I agree with the statement about man to man coverage, if you are going to ridicule a team/coach, at least have your facts straight. Minford didnt play Coal Grove.

It takes 5 seconds to google a schedule.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Bad boys, bad boys. Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you??

Vladimir Putin just post on this thread?

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

minford squeaked by Hillsboro.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

At the beginning of the season, I thought minford was a legit contender. Now I'm a bit skeptical. Not to hate on the falcons because they still might do so, but the gameplan is out on how to beat them, and the falcons haven't adjusted. But they accomplished the main goal the SOC, so everything is bonus from here on out.

buckeyedan
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyedan »

5 seconds and google their schedule would also tell you that I mixed up Coal Grove and Rock Hill.

They have had a decent season, but now what I've been saying for weeks is becoming more prominent amongst the posters. They are full of talent but don't have it all put together.

I'd love to see everyone vote on the winner of that game. I'd venture to guess it would be 50/50 split Minford / Circleville.

ilovemymom
Waterboy

Post by ilovemymom »

That's because it's a #2 seed vs #3 seed. Both are very good teams.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

TornadoCagers wrote:5 seconds and google their schedule would also tell you that I mixed up Coal Grove and Rock Hill.

They have had a decent season, but now what I've been saying for weeks is becoming more prominent amongst the posters. They are full of talent but don't have it all put together.

I'd love to see everyone vote on the winner of that game. I'd venture to guess it would be 50/50 split Minford / Circleville.
I didnt have to google it.....already knew. Let Google be your friend.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

TornadoCagers wrote:5 seconds and google their schedule would also tell you that I mixed up Coal Grove and Rock Hill.

Those schools are in 2 different places, but same conference, so I get it!

I'll take Minford, but it will be tight. Giffin vs. Guillon should be a fun matchup, as will Hill vs. Rowe

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

Yessiree Bob Somebody did get bounced.... But it wasn't Minford... And yes... Haters are gonna hate (your words not mine) you must give credt where it is due. The Falcons got the big W over a good CircleVille team and are going back to the Convo. Minford and Warren are the only two teams from last season from this district that are going back to the Convo and I might add that is not by accident. That staff must be doing something right and could not be as incompetent as you seem to believe. No nights off with easy games in D2. You must earn your way. Each and every game. Maybe you should stick to AAU where legends are made. One step at a time. Keep on living that dream.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Wow, Sectional Championship.....impressive. Should be a good matchup against Warren. I was hoping you all could get as lucky as my Pirates and LE would have upset Warren. We got lucky with our Tourney draw! LOLz

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah...Burg was fortunate that Lynchburg's 25 ppg scorer was dismissed from the team and then Huntington a #14 seed won....but also factors Burg couldn't control. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

Captain Morgan
Waterboy

Post by Captain Morgan »

Burg being lucky is an understatement! Lynchburg not having their stud is like Northwest losing the Scarberry kid --- think they'd be any good then?!? Still not sure how Huntington beat Zane Trace because what I saw from Huntington last night they were awful.

And now we face a Waverly team who won 6 games in the season hahahah. Thank you basketball gods!

But hey when your coach is the district director he gets to pick his bracket/seed in the tournament!

GO PIRATES!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”