JV Team

Re: Predict the District Championships

Post by juanmorales »

Why did McBee go to Burg then?

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

JuanMorales wrote:Why did McBee go to Burg then?
He transferred there! Open enrollment.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

But what was his reasoning in transferring there?

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

JuanMorales wrote:But what was his reasoning in transferring there?
I guess the grass looked greener, and before that Cam Miller and Seth Cowgill did the same thing but did not come back.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I don't quite understand the interest in transferring to Minford for basketball. Football, I get. But in basketball, you would think that your best shot at being successful would be in Division 4. South Webster is a gold mine. SW finished like 3rd or 4th in the conference one year and played in a regional final. Who cares about conference championships when you can win regionals or a State Title??? This is coming from an outsider too. If I could find a place to live in town for a reasonable price, I would move my son and I there in a heartbeat. It's sad to see kids from Minford who are good athletes have to play in D2 and get overlooked. Bc they don't make many tournament runs, a lot of college coaches never see those kids play. I think they can definitely play at the next level. But, im not sure how many ties the Minford guys have with college coaches. I know there are some guys in SW with D1 ties. Got a kid at Marshall playing their now. I wish nothing but the best for Minford. Would love to see them do well in tourney. That D2 jump has really hurt them. They are going to continue to get bigger too because of that new bypass coming through.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Minford seems to have had more transfers than most schools in recent years, but I don't think playing in D2 and the lack of tournament runs has anything to do with college offers. Players like Loop (SW) and Kretzer (Waverly) did not get noticed and offered college scholarships because of their performance for their high schools. Playing on AAU teams is what gets you the college offers.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Kids recruit each other now days, with social media making the world increasingly small everyone knows everyone. During the 90s, kids grew up disliking your next door rival, not tweeting and hanging out/playing traveling ball with them. Times have changed, this is the diva generation, and social narcissism and parent egos change the game. I have seen kids post open threads on social media asking...."where should I go to school next year?" These kids stay in the same hotels, travel together, eat together during the spring. I know I have seen several examples of kids "teaming up" and transferring to play with AAU buddies.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

NewEra. I like your hats man!!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

JuanMorales wrote:NewEra. I like your hats man!!!

Texas Forever

Return to “Boys Basketball”