tournament voting

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: tournament voting

Post by Raiderball »

Judge and Jury wrote:Point was all games on rv schedule is comparable to some others but the others have winning records. However dont try to make teams out to sound better than they are! I just meant g.a. Is bad and they beat s.g. If u look at s.g. Schedule and sectional and your happy beating them I guess u can hang your hat on county championship! This yr. Is the same as always will b in the tvc RV will always b midways of the pack as far as new guy the girls coach didn't do him any favors from what it sounds like either or just focus on winning against Nelsonville as far as schedule goes the going pitch to coaches I heard was trying to get people to even take the job was if u take it u will at least go 500 lol nice sales pitch basically saying were mediocre at best so were not expecting much!
You're being vague with your schedule comparison Judge. Just throwing shiite out to see what sticks. LOL

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Well I figured the comparable was fairly obvious there are 6 other teams in the tvc conference pretty sure they all play each other so I'm sure that would b considered comparable outside the conference they played the likes of eastern terrible green terrible g.a. Terrible s.g. Winning record against other tvc terrible like miller wahama eastern common opponent as well as green terrible so yeah that's fairly understandable and comparable. Wasn't trying to get anything to stick just wasn't painting a picture of strong schedule was the point I made. I just meant u got the seed you deserved however could've moved up if stuff was turned in maybe, maybe not just saying your not first and not last so didn't see why the big deal on RV.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

^^^LOL

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

I get the feeling someone is pining for their old coaching job........

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

^^^NO. You go bark up another tree. nothing to see here.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Raiderball wrote:^^^NO. You go bark up another tree. nothing to see here.

Awfully quick response I must've struck a nerve with someone?

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:I get the feeling someone is pining for their old coaching job........

I would say that you're right. LOL

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

hoopshothead wrote:After looking at the brackets.....looks like Oak Hill has the easiest path to the Convo.......nice work Norm......he will be taking a below average team to the Convo this year.......now that my friends is COACHING YOUR TEAM UP!!!!!!........best of luck to the Oaks
Ironton may have something to say about that and Coach Lafon will have them ready.

As far as some teams giving RV the 15 seed, if they didn't take the time to put in their record and bio (5 minutes tops) then why should the other 14 teams voting for them have to go out and look for information about them? They ended up with the 8 seed anyway, which is probably about right where they deserved to be.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

4th n Goal wrote:
hoopshothead wrote:After looking at the brackets.....looks like Oak Hill has the easiest path to the Convo.......nice work Norm......he will be taking a below average team to the Convo this year.......now that my friends is COACHING YOUR TEAM UP!!!!!!........best of luck to the Oaks
Ironton may have something to say about that and Coach Lafon will have them ready.

As far as some teams giving RV the 15 seed, if they didn't take the time to put in their record and bio (5 minutes tops) then why should the other 14 teams voting for them have to go out and look for information about them? They ended up with the 8 seed anyway, which is probably about right where they deserved to be.
I would tend to believe to computer issue with baumspage...but every other coach in the SE district (Boys and Girls) was able to get it to work.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I agree, Ironton can beat Oak Hill.....really was just saying the draw was favorable........for the Oaks....

Reality is......most of these SE Ohio teams are very similar........coaching should make the difference down the stretch.....

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

hoopshothead wrote:I agree, Ironton can beat Oak Hill.....really was just saying the draw was favorable........for the Oaks....

Reality is......most of these SE Ohio teams are very similar........coaching should make the difference down the stretch.....

I agree that there are a lot of teams that can beat other teams on any given night and coaching can be the difference. Lafon and Norm are both good coaches and I'm guessing that would be a great game to watch.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

danicalifornia wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:

I would tend to believe to computer issue with baumspage...but every other coach in the SE district (Boys and Girls) was able to get it to work.
It does seem odd Dani.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:
Raiderball wrote:^^^NO. You go bark up another tree. nothing to see here.

Awfully quick response I must've struck a nerve with someone?
No nerve struck here. Just happened to log on at that time. That's all. There have been opportunities before now.
Hell, I'm usually home by 4:00. Don't have to go back out if I don't want to. No trouble sleeping at night. Have no desire to step back into that rat race. Who wants the headache that goes along with it. Been there, done that.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

No doubt on the rat race! Not to mention a thankless job!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

We agree on that Judge.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

hoopshothead wrote:I agree, Ironton can beat Oak Hill.....really was just saying the draw was favorable........for the Oaks....

It depends on which Ironton team shows up... Ironton's performance has ranged from terrible to excellent. I think Ironton has the potential to make it to the regionals. On the other hand, Ironton might not even get to Athens.

Return to “Boys Basketball”