Western @ Eastern

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Western @ Eastern

Post by jordan23 »

It is always a BIG rivalry game between these two teams, but it hasn't been like this for a few years. Both teams at the top of the SOC 1 along with Clay, which makes this game that much bigger.

Western got them once at home, and Eastern got Western in the classic.

Who comes out on top in the tie breaker game, and who stays at the top with Clay in the SOC 1?

thoughts/ predictions?

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Re: Western @ Eastern

Post by BigBlacks05 »

Eagles playing best ball of the year right now got 3 or 4 guys that can score anytime they want I see the eagles running the table out this year and not picking up another loss.

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Last time leist was out and creech was still trying to get into basketball shape team is firing on all cylinders right now and it senior night for the eagles be a good game but I say eagles in a close one
Eastern 75
Western 73

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

Should be a great game in my opinion as well. With that being said, I was there to watch Eastern play last night, and I don't believe they are playing their best ball right now. They are playing well don't get me wrong, but def could have played better last night. East wins the game if they make free throws.

Eastern has a tough schedule to end the year, so we will see how they play to end their season. Western is still plying good ball, and is still at the top of the League with Eastern and Clay. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Should be a GREAT game with a packed house.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Western has made a complete 180 in style of play this year. They now have a defensive mind set and instead of having 2-20 point scorers that stop ball movement they are very,very balanced offensively with 9-10 guys scoring a night. The winner of this game will be the team that controls the boards. If Eastern controls them and hold Western to 1 shot a trip I think they win. If Western controls the defensive boards they win by it stopping Easterns fast break. Western has to finish there bunny shots so they can set there pressure up. It will be a great game I think . PJ Fitch is a great coach who game plans great. Kyle Miller is a new varsity coach but somehow gets every ounce of effort out of his team.

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

Western24 wrote:Should be a great game in my opinion as well. With that being said, I was there to watch Eastern play last night, and I don't believe they are playing their best ball right now. They are playing well don't get me wrong, but def could have played better last night. East wins the game if they make free throws.

Eastern has a tough schedule to end the year, so we will see how they play to end their season. Western is still plying good ball, and is still at the top of the League with Eastern and Clay. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Should be a GREAT game with a packed house.

I have watched 18 games this year and this has been the best I have seen them play. the first 4 games of the year and now the last 3 they are sticking to a game plan and playing good. didn't rebound good last night but that was part of the gameplan.

pantheralumni04
Waterboy

Post by pantheralumni04 »

A rivalry renewed yet again....

First matchup, Holiday Classic Eastern takes the victory 60-55 on a neutral court. Western struggled with turning the ball over, and making key shots. It showed on the scoreboard. Also, Eastern was 100% healthy.

Second matchup, at Western. Western takes the victory 71-62. On a side note, Sophomore standout Ethan Leist did not play in this game. Nonetheless, Western dominated wire to wire, never trailing in the game.

Third matchup, at Eastern this Friday. Boy this will definitely be an exciting one to watch. Haven't seen Eastern play other than the two times that they've played Western, and the game against Piketon. They looked rough in two of the three games I've watched. I've heard so much about how tough Thacker is, but he did not impress me at all in the game @ Western. He struggled to control the ball, didn't shoot well, very rarely hustled back on defense. This kid has got to come out Friday night and play his heart out. Eastern is always tough to beat at home, but I feel Western will be walking out with a victory under their belt with only one league game to play. Western walked in to Notre Dame, a VERY tough place to play, and handled Notre Dame very well.

Kyle Miller has these boys playing some great ball. Hitting the open jumpers, sitting down on defense, diving after loose balls, all the little things. I look for Western to walk out with a 69-65 victory. That's just my prediction, probably will be wrong..... Just putting my two cents worth into the conversation.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I cant wait til Friday! This Great Rivalry hasn't had a game with a title on the line for a lengthy period of time. Should be a barn burner!
Western hasn't looked this poised to win a title since Mcleod, White, and Vince Shanks roamed the lane. I am extremely pleased with the way that Kyle Miller has these boys playing right now. The defensive intensity wasn't there during the Holiday Classic like it has been lately. I don't know what he's done to convince them, but they ALL bought in.
And believe me I'm not taking anything away from the team at the other end of the county. P.J. will have them ready. He always does. Great Coach (P.J. Fitch), vs the newcomer (Kyle Miller).

Other than the OSU rivalry with the team up North. This one always gets me going. I don't give a darn for the whole town of Beaver! LOL
Just kidding! Good luck to both! Should be a great one.

Western 70
Eastern 63

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

this game is still at eastern isn't it eagles tough to beat there western got their big win at their place eagles 70-55 this time around.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Eastern by 15? I dont think so. But i like the confidence. I dont think i ever said that it was gonna be easy. And yea we all know its at your house. But 15 is giving no respect to the Indians. The underdogs? I like it.

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

Its giving them respect but other than east have u seen what they have been doing to teams lately and they are at home 10-15 points give or take is real fair.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

But have you seen what Western has been doing to teams ? They just beat Notre Dame at Notre Dame by 25 !! That's a statement !

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

western is good but ND is not they got the smith kid I seen they put up 27 points then 36 ND is not a soc1 power rite now hope for them and the whole soc1 that changes so people will start thinking more of a conference that when the top 4 teams play each other its good basketball.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

They may only score 27 or 36 but they hold teams to under 50 about every game that I have seen except for a few. They are no push over that's for sure. To beat them by 28 that is just handling a team and that's what western did. Obviously there are going to be certain opinions on this game. But at the end of the day if western gets stops. They win the game. They will have to contain leist and Thacker.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

When Western wins I wonder if they will cut down the nets like the classless eagles did a couple of years ago. They then let Satterfield the traitor transfer run around the gym with the nets around his neck. Some of us never forget! Yes we owe the eagles!

eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Doesn't matter how you feel about either school bottom line is its gonna be a great game not only because of whats on the line but with the talent that will be on the floor Eastern is shooting for a 4th straight title and Coach Miller has done and amazing job with this group of boys no offense to Larry Jordan he was one of the greatest but Miller has got these boys where they should have been for last 2 or 3 years both teams are great ball teams I can't wait til Friday night good luck Indians and let's go Eagles

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

GOINDIANS wrote:When Western wins I wonder if they will cut down the nets like the classless eagles did a couple of years ago. They then let Satterfield the traitor transfer run around the gym with the nets around his neck. Some of us never forget! Yes we owe the eagles!

I think your forgetting that the league is still not over after this game? Western still has to play clay and Eastern still has to play East and ND.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I think that the folks from Beaver will be surprised by the way the Indians are playing right now. Something happnened a few weeks ago that seemed to really unite, and ignite this Indian team. And they are just on fire right now. Credit the success to the boys buying in to Coach Miller. Man, its gonna be a good one come Friday. I can't wait!!! I think this ones gonna be a SLOBBERKNOCKER til the end. Love that both teams are playing well for this one.

To be honest Western has not been a quality foe for this great rivalry for the last 5 years or so. P.J. has done a wonderful job of coaching, and I don't think he gets the respect he deserves. He hasn't had the best talent, but they have continued to be consistent. That's the coach folks! Gonna be fun watching the two try to out strategize the other. Like Obi Wan, and Luke Skywalker. lol

Like eagle country said Good luck to both, but lets get em Indians!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

This is a must win for both teams in the league race so it will all be left on the floor. The nest will be a fun place to be Friday night I'll take the home team in the tie breaker.

Eastern 67
Western 64

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

if the Indians just focus on thacker and leist that's good for the eagles they aren't going to stop them every time and if they try that leaves the creech boy or if fitch gets his feet set he can hurt teams and the martin boy was close to a double double last game at western. the eagles have kids that can score they sometimes just pass it up to let the others get their points be a good game but the eagles will have a loss at home to the Indians just not the ones from western.

Return to “Boys Basketball”