WAVERLY

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WAVERLY

Post by smurray »

SOC II with 3 shots in this bracket to claim the District Title (Valley, Waverly, Wheelersburg). Minford playing for a District crown in division 2.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Good luck to all! SOC!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

G W McLintock wrote:
smurray wrote:Yes they are. Some nice renovations took place with more this summer/fall.
Wow, I thought it was a very nice gym before.

Thanks.
Still the nicest gym around IMO.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Raiderball, indeed it is.

waverlyfan2012
Riding the Bench

Post by waverlyfan2012 »

i been hering that travas is leaving so

waverlyfan2012
Riding the Bench

Post by waverlyfan2012 »

whats ur thoughts on next years team

pg jake
sg joe
sf eften adain
pf gibert
c mason

who else they got returning

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Well, Rigsby and Marquez both started as sophomores. Jake Henderson and Chapman both started as Juniors (2 year starters). The other starter was Garrett who graduates.
It will be wide open next year, we'll see who puts the work in this summer. The before mentioned as well as Joe Henderson (11), Gilbert (10), Adrien (9), Robinson (9), Pennington (9), Howell (9), Harris (10), Foyt (11) all return and could see major playing time.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly should be pretty good next year if the guys dedicate themselves to putting the work in during the off season. They have to hit the weight room, stay/get in shape, work on speed/agility, and get in the gym shooting working on their shot. They have to be able to knock the shots down, especially FT's - number 1 reason for the season ending loss the Burg.
The cupboard isn't bare at Waverly, Tigers should be pretty good next few years.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

chicken_coop wrote:
waverlyfan2012 wrote:that freshman eithen adain is going to be good
You'll be good if you get in the gym..... :lol: :lol:
I'm 80 years old. I don't think it matters whether I get in the gym, or not. It would wear me out to WALK from one end of the gym to the other.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

smurray wrote:Not being able to make FT's and two footers may be the reason for chucking so many 3's - just saying. Tigers haven't been able to make any shots. I'd like to see the shooting percent in the game against Lynchburg which Tigers won scoring 67 points vs other games they lost only scoring in the 30's and 40's. Shooting percentage and turnovers, guarantee you that has made the difference. Limit the turnovers and shoot better and they win a lot more games.
Perhaps bigger baskets would help. If they could locate some baskets that were about two feet across, it would help their shooting percentage. Of course, they would have to take them down and switch them at halftime, but, that wouldn't take long.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

tigerfan88 wrote:At the beginning of the season I was worried about Waverly's ability to score points. This has been a common theme since Travis has been at Waverly. Could someone tell me what they think the reason is? Is it the offense? Number of shots taken in practice? Confidence in their shot? I've watched more 30-40 point games in the last few years than I watched in the past 40 years combined. Bring back the ability to score points and the wins will come. And you can't just rely on the 3 ball either. I did hear we scored 60 tonight against the Burg.
I would think it might have something to do with the jr. high program (even 5th and 6th grades). That is where kids are taught proper shooting technique. It's a little late when they are juniors and seniors in high school.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

waverlyfan2012 wrote:whats ur thoughts on next years team

pg jake
sg joe
sf eften adain
pf gibert
c mason

who else they got returning
Please take more time next post. Is the SF an exchange student they have coming in? I'm doubting that jumble of letters is how you spell your own name.

Return to “Boys Basketball”