Saturday 1/31 Games

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Saturday 1/31 Games

Post by smurray »

bronc21,
Play should not have been stopped. Waverly had the ball on a break and I have never seen play stopped until that break is finished. He should have been T'd for hanging on the rim after the missed dunk. I hope the young man is fine as well as the one who twisted his ankle.

Unioto shot lights out. In addition to Overly's 9 triples they probable hit close to 20 as a team. Anyone know how many they hit as a team? Unioto is by far the best team the Tigers have faced this season.

If Waverly had played the season with the intensity they played with tonight they would have a lot more wins. It was good to get Joe Henderson back on the floor for a few minutes.

Nice block by Mason Chapman on a Unioto attempted dunk.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wilmington 65
Huber Wayne 60
Final

Jaevin Cumberland 32 points

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Clay 76
South Webster 56
Final

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

And Skinner gets T'd up? Must have been those dang Glouster officials. Lol

goodsoccer8
Waterboy

Post by goodsoccer8 »

smurray wrote:bronc21,
Play should not have been stopped. Waverly had the ball on a break and I have never seen play stopped until that break is finished. He should have been T'd for hanging on the rim after the missed dunk. I hope the young man is fine as well as the one who twisted his ankle.

Unioto shot lights out. In addition to Overly's 9 triples they probable hit close to 20 as a team. Anyone know how many they hit as a team? Unioto is by far the best team the Tigers have faced this season.

If Waverly had played the season with the intensity they played with tonight they would have a lot more wins. It was good to get Joe Henderson back on the floor for a few minutes.

Nice block by Mason Chapman on a Unioto attempted dunk.
I believe Unioto finished with just 15 3's as a team. Corcoran with 3, Cottrill 2, Strange 1. Waverly put up an impressive 67 against the far more athletic Shermans. Played them tough until fouls took away all interior defense for the Tigers. Unioto took advantage in arial fashion. I wouldn't be so quick to declare Overly the POY in the SVC. Mowery can't go unnoticed any longer. Congrats to Nick Overly for tying teammate Nick Corcoran's 3 point record. Shows how well-rounded Unioto is. Also, an even bigger congrats to Overly for jumping a 2/3 his height to get a dunk in. A game he will remember forever. Unioto plays host to a good Valley team this Tuesday. Valley is the only team to beat the senior class at Unioto twice. Sherman out for revenge and to move closer to the elusive 22-0 season.

SV1134
Freshman Team

Post by SV1134 »

Rock Hill over Green 69-36. Congrats to Austin Collins for getting his 1000th point!

swohio
Waterboy

Post by swohio »

After cheering for Akron SVSM the whole game I Hate Athens78 gets hit in the side of the head with a hot dog loaded with mustard by a little 10yr old girl?! Lmao Heard she then yelled "mister you need to quit lying so much and what are you crying for yellow looks really good on you!?" Lol

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

buckeyes911 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:Logan 60
Portsmouth 56 final … this one played in P'town … Logan came back from 15 down in the 3rd period

how'd this happen? Is logan any good this season ?
Man this team is hot and cold that is a sign of lack of discipline and desire!
Last edited by LHS 72 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

The_Busdriver wrote:After cheering for Akron SVSM the whole game I Hate Athens78 gets hit in the side of the head with a hot dog loaded with mustard by a little 10yr old girl?! Lmao Heard she then yelled "mister you need to quit lying so much and what are you crying for yellow looks really good on you!?" Lol
True, back in the mid 60's when Athens consolidated, there colors were YELLOW and Green.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

goodsoccer8,
That was indeed an impressive dunk by Overly and an impressive 3 point shooting performance. If not for missing a few he threw up toward the end in an attempt to break the record he wouldn't have had too many misses. Some of em were NBA threes. I don't see Valley beating the Shermans.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I like mayo on my dogs thank you.

Return to “Boys Basketball”