Riding the Bench

SOC 1 Player of the Year.

Post by jordan23 »

Thoughts on who comes away with it?

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 1 Player of the Year.

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Who votes on it and what factors are considered? Is there a grade limit? Brown(East), Thacker(Eastern), King(Clay) are the best 3 I've seen in the league hands down, They all have their teams in the Race for the league title!!! Brown has the least help but we shall see, another question I might ask is which team would be in worst shape without that guy? That's your MVP/P.O.Y.

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

Post by THE CLAW IS THE LAW »

JMO, but not even sure it should be close, I just think josh Thacker is on a different level than everyone else in the league right now, that's not to say king and brown won't get there , but they are just not as good as him right now. And another player to throw into the mix is Ethan leist of eastern, I think he is easterns second leading scorer behind Thacker, and he brings it on both ends of the floor, I think over the next couple years he may the best player in the league, but this year Thacker is the best player in the league and deserves the POY.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

It's voted on by the coaches in SOC 1. Most often it ends up being the best player on the top team. If this year's SOC 1 race ends up as a 4 way tie it could be an interesting vote.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

THE CLAW IS THE LAW wrote:JMO, but not even sure it should be close, I just think josh Thacker is on a different level than everyone else in the league right now, that's not to say king and brown won't get there , but they are just not as good as him right now. And another player to throw into the mix is Ethan leist of eastern, I think he is easterns second leading scorer behind Thacker, and he brings it on both ends of the floor, I think over the next couple years he may the best player in the league, but this year Thacker is the best player in the league and deserves the POY.
They all play vs the same teams and head to head, to say Thacker is on another level is ludicrous . he's very talent ,just like the other kids mentioned. Leist ain't on Brown or Kings level ....men lie,women lie but numbers don't....compare the numbers because bias opinions won't cut it....ppg,assist,rebounds,steals,fg%,ft% etc. that will be the only way to get a fair say. I'm looking at skill level and grade they're in, I wouldn't give it to a guy because he's older(that wouldn't be fair) ...look at the numbers and where their teams are, Brown and Thacker have two head to head match ups so hopefully the voting is done after the season.

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

Buckeyes911,
I said it was just my opinion, I am not trying to take anything away from brown and king, I just don't think they r as good as Thacker right now, doesn't mean they won't b in the future , but right now they are not.
And as far as leist goes I think u r really underestimating him, not sure if u have seen him play or not, but he is as good as brown and king, I guess we will just have to see how it plays out over the next couple years , I think if u seen leists numbers u would b surprised, he's not flashy, but he's got an all around game, remember he's only a sophomore as well,I think he's gonna surprise u over the next couple years.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I've seen them all play. Leist can shoot and play decent D. he cant guard brown or king. brown plays great D as well. you might want to watch him sometime. king is smaller but tough as nails. I like all 3 but its no land slide by any means. time will tell

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

I have seen brown play, i am in no way trying to take anything away from him, he is a great player and maybe over the next two years he will b the best player in the league and the one of the best in our whole area, I just think leist is right there with him, and as far as king I have seen him play a few times and he is great and is going to b special the next two years, heck majority of this family is from eastern, his dad is in our hall of fame , and his uncle is maybe the best player to ever come out of eastern, king is a really good player for clay I still think he would look a lot better in brown and white...lol

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

From other posts and this one, I believe Buckeyes911 is A. Brown's Dad B. Brown's Mom or C. A Very close relative or friend.
He does nothing but criticize when East Loses and nothing but criticizes when people say something about Akia. Many good players in the league, just quit being so biased!!

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

we going off who scores most points or all the numbers thacker is a great shooter and scores a lot of points blocks shots if they bring it right to him he will win he a senior like the boy from SV Last year. best all around and impressive ive seen is the king boy from clay we couldn't stop him at all at he has a step back 3 point shot out of this world and got his teammates involved in the game. the sophomore class in this league is loaded seen them all since the 6th grade.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Regulator wrote:From other posts and this one, I believe Buckeyes911 is A. Brown's Dad B. Brown's Mom or C. A Very close relative or friend.
He does nothing but criticize when East Loses and nothing but criticizes when people say something about Akia. Many good players in the league, just quit being so biased!!
I'm all the above lol. Folk can't stand the truth, its not about being bias to anyone. the guy or gal is saying no matter who wins the league,no matter what stats are that Thacker is P.O.Y..I don't agree so that makes someones parent or friend. Like I said I've watch them all and no way anyone can sit here a God honestly say That there is a huge difference between Brown and Thacker, is Either going to UK or Duke? That would make one or the other not in ones league. besides I can choose to like or dislike anything I wish correct? Maybe someone needs to learn how to evaluate talent a lil more, because comparing a soph and a senior you would think Thacker would be better by a land slide, not the case.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

THE CLAW IS THE LAW wrote:I have seen brown play, i am in no way trying to take anything away from him, he is a great player and maybe over the next two years he will b the best player in the league and the one of the best in our whole area, I just think leist is right there with him, and as far as king I have seen him play a few times and he is great and is going to b special the next two years, heck majority of this family is from eastern, his dad is in our hall of fame , and his uncle is maybe the best player to ever come out of eastern, king is a really good player for clay I still think he would look a lot better in brown and white...lol
He was real close to being in Brown & White, Luckily for clay they made the right decision lol. I'm good friends with Arnold, he actually taught me how to shoot in high school. great guy and great family.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

buckeyes911 wrote:
Regulator wrote:From other posts and this one, I believe Buckeyes911 is A. Brown's Dad B. Brown's Mom or C. A Very close relative or friend.
I'm all the above lol. Folk can't stand the truth, its not about being bias to anyone. the guy or gal is saying no matter who wins the league,no matter what stats are that Thacker is P.O.Y..I don't agree so that makes someones parent or friend. Like I said I've watch them all and no way anyone can sit here a God honestly say That there is a huge difference between Brown and Thacker, is Either going to UK or Duke? That would make one or the other not in ones league. besides I can choose to like or dislike anything I wish correct? Maybe someone needs to learn how to evaluate talent a lil more, because comparing a soph and a senior you would think Thacker would be better by a land slide, not the case.
Since you know me so well follow me on Twitter , not S.E.O.P. lmao

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I don't have a vote anyway, just was commenting on a post someone created. I guess the creator of the post is A. thackers dad, B. Thackers mom or C. Lmao, this site kills me. its only ok if you're agreeing with everyone else

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Imo brown and king are the scorers on their teams. So that pretty much do all the work. Thacker has leist who does a lot of scoring. You put Thacker on east or clay and neither of those boys gets as much done statistically! Remember it's jmo

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Josh Thacker

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

beaver92 wrote:Imo brown and king are the scorers on their teams. So that pretty much do all the work. Thacker has leist who does a lot of scoring. You put Thacker on east or clay and neither of those boys gets as much done statistically! Remember it's jmo
well before Gerald went to Fla. he was avg 20-12, now the Scott kid for East has filled that void avg close to the same thing. Clay has a good overall team and they play well together , King has Hinze as a side kick, so they all have someone else who's taking shots, its not like they're shooting every shot. Brown doesn't take many 3s but that's where most of king and thackers points come from. Like I said men lie women lie but the numbers won't, all voters need to do is compare numbers and Team records and they'll find their P.O.Y....Doesnt matter what S.E.O.P. think . All 3 kids are talented but I'm a numbers guy, not an opinion guy....Oregon and Bama was ranked higer than the Buckeyes because of what someones opinion was. js

shady 75
Freshman Team

Post by shady 75 »

Just don't think they will give it to a sophomore when there is a senior that is equally as deserving and the award doesn't always go to the team that wins the league last year thacker as a junior was just as deserving and eastern won the leaguebut the award went to a senior on Symmes valley

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I was thinking the same thing^^^^ but also voicing my opinion. I thought Thacker was the best player last year as well. plus they won the league!! So since he got snubbed last year they'll probably give it to him this year...might as well make it a senior award lol

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

What about Nick Shanks ? He fills a stat sheet points,assists,boards,steals. He's a well rounded player.

Return to “Boys Basketball”