SEOPS HOF

Re: Friday (1/23) scores/updates

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eastern vs Miller score?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jottings wrote:Need Jackson-Warren Local JV score. Thanks.
Not positive but 51-28 is very close

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Ironman92 wrote:
Jottings wrote:Need Jackson-Warren Local JV score. Thanks.
Not positive but 51-28 is very close
Wasn't there, but the text I got (from a team member) said 47-31.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Symmes Valley beat Green not sure of final. Something like 10 pt win.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

hoot wrote:Symmes Valley beat Green not sure of final. Something like 10 pt win.
Alright, thanks!
Last edited by cghs82 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

sean_king wrote:Minford 67, South Webster 42 - FINAL
Hope the staff starts reeling some of the last two games "me" play in pretty soon; I fear Minford is priming itself for a bad day against someone who should not beat them; poor display of team play the past two games.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

WCH 50 CM 48

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

oldschool wrote:
Hope the staff starts reeling some of the last two games "me" play in pretty soon; I fear Minford is priming itself for a bad day against someone who should not beat them; poor display of team play the past two games.

Sounds to me like your a disgruntled parent who's kid must not be getting enough shots to please you. I was at the game and evidently didn't see everything you did. These are high school boys, not pros! They will make mistakes: throw the ball away, travel, foul, and yes, maybe force a shot once in awhile, but man, give it up! That's all you grip about! These boys seem to have very good chemistry and from listening to them talk on the radio they all enjoy playing together and really don't care who takes what shot as long as they win together. I'm certain that these boys get on this website to read what everyone has to say so maybe they should be encouraged instead of discouraged. The boys seem to like their coaches and all get along great so there's no need in stiring up problems or the "team" chemistry may dissolve causing this great season and all their hard work to go down the drain.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

BBaller4Life wrote:
oldschool wrote:

Sounds to me like your a disgruntled parent who's kid must not be getting enough shots to please you. I was at the game and evidently didn't see everything you did. These are high school boys, not pros! They will make mistakes: throw the ball away, travel, foul, and yes, maybe force a shot once in awhile, but man, give it up! That's all you grip about! These boys seem to have very good chemistry and from listening to them talk on the radio they all enjoy playing together and really don't care who takes what shot as long as they win together. I'm certain that these boys get on this website to read what everyone has to say so maybe they should be encouraged instead of discouraged. The boys seem to like their coaches and all get along great so there's no need in stiring up problems or the "team" chemistry may dissolve causing this great season and all their hard work to go down the drain.
It's amazing how much winning doesn't matter to some people. The Falcons obviously are playing pretty well together and are only a handful of points away from being undefeated.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

BBaller4Life wrote:
oldschool wrote:

So winning is everything? I believe we had a discussion on here recently about the behavior of a rival coach at our school and his fans defended his profane actions as acceptable because he was a winner. Also, a win isn't always a win as Minford saw against Wheelersburg earlier this year. I thought one of the primary objectives was to teach concepts of team play, sportsmanship, loyalty, respect? Every post I have submitted on here is an OBJECTIVE one based on what "I" see during the games. This is not the first time I've mentioned this in a post. I guess we should excuse the lack of team play on the fact that "these are high school players, not pros!" as you stated above. So lack of team play is a mistake rather than a choice? Apparently our coach didn't see it as such last night if I'm not mistaken. Several fans, including me, were glad to see this.....discipline. Basketball is more than "getting enough shots". Defensive effort, boxing out, making the extra pass, respecting the coaching staff, taking good shots, etc. Again, I've mentioned this in several posts in addition to saying many times this is an OPINION but is one I stand behind. If you were at the game, maybe you noticed the reluctance to make the extra pass, lack of defensive effort, questioning the coaching staff openly on the court??? Maybe I did see more than you did. I for one tire of seeing this type of play in high school athletics. Maybe that rival coach does have the right idea because his kids sure play as a team! He doesn't accept anything else. And I am the first to praise this ability in him! Many Minford fans joined in that discussion on here but then are silent on the issues that can affect our team and be just as divisive. Should we be appalled when a rival coach curses and carries on but accept the aforementioned oversights with our own team? I don't believe we do! Minford isn't the only team who succumbs to this problem but I do know Minford's 2 defeats came at the hands of 2 very fine teams who played team basketball throughout. And, if I recall, my comments on those games is that we became impatient and took quick shots during those two losses. Again, an objective assessment. We will let the future tell how this affects the chemistry of the team. I'M CERTAIN THE OPINIONS OF A FAN ON SEOP WON'T DESTROY TEAM CHEMISTRY!! I'm also certain that IF a player reads this post, it certainly will not have any affect. If so, you've got more problems than lack of team play! My comments are intended for those fans who actually watch the game objectively and discuss it. Win or lose, I've posted objective comments meant for discussion. I've been positive about the players and staff but also will throw out food for thought that I'm also sure will not affect the game plan of any coach either. I'd say your overreactions to a simple objective statement (I was at the game after all) creates more drama than the statement I made ever will.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

(YAWN)......

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

oldschool wrote:
There is no "me" ball when I believe 5 kids were in double figures (according to the radio). It's obvious you have a personal relationship with one of the players. Enjoy your son's games because he is a great kid and player.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

Funny, I didn't see the part of my post that said anything about scoring...........

trickdawg99
Waterboy

Post by trickdawg99 »

Minford should easily win the soc with lack of team play. They have superior players in a weak soc2. They will not advance to the Convo or state with individual play. I see good players putting up quick shots without working the ball for better shots. This won' t work in tournament play. They have time to correct this in the latter part of the regular season. Let's all hope they go into the tournament playing team ball.

Return to “Boys Basketball”