Western (7-8) vs East (9-3) 1/23

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Re: Western (7-8) vs East (9-3) 1/23

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I apologize fellas lol I don't have a dog in the fight. the refs dictated how that game was going to be played from the very first possession. you guys might want to look at the film again
Western did hit like 11 3s and probably still wouldve won but those refs were horrific. I'm stating my un bias opinion. I'm a Clay graduate. Speaking of Brown taking over I would allow him to from start to finish then there wouldn't even be a discussion but I'm not his coach. He's a great player and very unselfish from what I've seen. He could possibly get to the basket any time he wants. you have to double or triple team him. Western played hard(take nothing from the kids)...I'm saying the refs were for Western , that's my story and I'm sticking to it...enjoy the win guys lol

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

buckeyes911 wrote:Zero 5 second calls? You mustve came called 5 seconds on Brown the first possession and the kid was 5 feet from him, East was forced to make quick passes based on how quick those refs were starting their count...I'm just calling it how I saw it. Western won't beat that team on a neutral floor unless they have that same crew. The officiating was horrific!!! East probably couldve went to the post but I bet you didn't see the faje offensive charge called on the scott kid, or I bet you didn't notice Western guards pushing off because they couldn't handle the tight defense from east guards....like I said, it couldve been a great game but it was clearly obvious that those refs weren't going to blow Western homecoming .....They probably won't meet again because I see East going a lil further than Western in Tourney
Never ever call a referee out by name or skin color online.
Last edited by anderson2012 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

My apology. I will take it down .

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

IndianFan4life wrote:There was absolutely no homer calls last night. East just flat got outplayed last night. The 5 second call came on the very first possession. And the 250 plus kid hit the 175 guy with force on the "real" offensive foul. U know whats funny about your post buckeye is that the way you feel is how everyone always feels on your elementary gym floor. You seem to always get the calls there.
The story of last nights game is that Western wanted more. Plain and simple. Give credit where its due. Coach Miller has the Indians playing with alot of heart and toughness. What Buckeye failed to mmention was how the tartans continually left our guards open from beyond the arc for the three. Dont know how many they had but that was the difference. And if western shoots better from the line this was a 20+ point win. Stop crying and give credit where its due. Instead of trying to make excuses. It was a great game dont ruin it.
The officials ruined it and yes it couldve been a 20 point wint the other way...think about how well Western played and all the 3s they hit etc, now think about all the turnovers east had and horrific calls!!! It still was a close game smh. those refs got to those young kids, its tough to play when everyone in the gym is against you.it was 8 against 5 from start to finish...if Western was as good qs you're saying and the coach was as good as you're saying then Western shouldve won by 40,, the lead was at like 6 late before a few 3s in transition by Western.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Despite everything East faced they still made a game out of it. Good luck playing them these next few seasons lol

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

For somebody who says they dont have a dog in the fight u sure r doing your best to defend East's loss. I dont know why you keep trying to make referee issues with that game. It just wasnt there. Say what u want but that was never looking like East was gonna run away with it. They are a good team and maybe young but Western got no help last night, except for the enthusiastic crowd. The defense Western played last night was suffocating forcing way too many turnovers for East to pull out a win. Brown is the real deal. Gonna be a great player but he doesnt need triple teamed like u said earlier. And maybe its u that needs to watch the film. These phantom issues u keep coming up with are rediculous to be honest. Western has never been accused of having home court advantage with the referees. I challenge you to find that issue from past games. Western played hard and were aggressive on offense and defense. Leave it at that. Im pretty sure East only beat Western by 13 on their home floor and that was with Gerald. So dont know where your coming up with 20 points the other way and home cookin.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Despite everything East faced they still made a game out of it. Good luck playing them these next few seasons lol

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

IndianFan4life wrote:For somebody who says they dont have a dog in the fight u sure r doing your best to defend East's loss. I dont know why you keep trying to make referee issues with that game. It just wasnt there. Say what u want but that was never looking like East was gonna run away with it. They are a good team and maybe young but Western got no help last night, except for the enthusiastic crowd. The defense Western played last night was suffocating forcing way too many turnovers for East to pull out a win. Brown is the real deal. Gonna be a great player but he doesnt need triple teamed like u said earlier. And maybe its u that needs to watch the film. These phantom issues u keep coming up with are rediculous to be honest. Western has never been accused of having home court advantage with the referees. I challenge you to find that issue from past games. Western played hard and were aggressive on offense and defense. Leave it at that. Im pretty sure East only beat Western by 13 on their home floor and that was with Gerald. So dont know where your coming up with 20 points the other way and home cookin.
No dog in the fight , just calling it how "I" saw it. I get out and watch a lot of different teams, this isn't the first time I've seen officials blow games lol.....and Indian4life you're trying to sit here and tell me that Western had a kid that could guard Brown one on one? Please stop!! I'm going to leave this issue alone because I'm not trying to have a pissing contest over a ball game. you guys won fair and square. you guys are the best team in league.. good luck the rest of season and in tourney

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

[quote="IndianFan4life"]For somebody who says they dont have a dog in the fight u sure r doing your best to defend East's loss. I dont know why you keep trying to make referee issues with that game. It just wasnt there. Say what u want but that was never looking like East was gonna run away with it. They are a good team and maybe young but Western got no help last night, except for the enthusiastic crowd. The defense Western played last night was suffocating forcing way too many turnovers for East to pull out a win. Brown is the real deal. Gonna be a great player but he doesnt need triple teamed like u said earlier. And maybe its u that needs to watch the film. These phantom issues u keep coming up with are rediculous to be honest. Western has never been accused of having home court advantage with the referees. I challenge you to find that issue from past games. Western played hard and were aggressive on offense and defense. Leave it at that. Im pretty sure East only beat Western by 13 on their home floor and that was with Gerald. So dont know where your coming up with 20 points the othe .......last thing lol how many road victories does Western have? Same Western team that gave Peebless all they wanted in Latham lmao...I'm sure refs didn't keep that one close either

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Your right East is just awsome best D4 team in Ohio. Oh and Peebles won by 19 at Latham. East is a good team but posting crap like this takes away from the great success this very young team is haveing . Take your lose on the chin and move on. Maybe the 2 will meet in the sectional game on a neutral full sized floor and the better team will win !

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Never said he could be guarded on on one but you could certainly double team him. Hes no Kyrie Allison. And all of your posts are on East posts. Hmmmmm Get over it dude
Sore loser much?
Great game by both teams ruined by idiot poster.

Bugs76
Waterboy

Post by Bugs76 »

Buckeye 911: give credit where it's due. High school ball usually equals home teams winning in even matchups. Hence, his game!!!

Miller one of best young coaches around. Hopefully he sticks it out long term!

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

Mad or nah lol the refs blew that game, That's how I saw it. if I'm wrong I'm wrong! Ky're thats a nice comparison, Portsmouth could not go out to Western and win... Refs blew it, I'm moving on. you guys enjoy that win. Just hope Brown goes back to Portsmouth next year so you guys won't need to cheat him, officials trying to even the playing field smh...sshame on them and shame on you for not seeing the difference :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

IndianFan4life wrote:Never said he could be guarded on on one but you could certainly double team him. Hes no Kyrie Allison. And all of your posts are on East posts. Hmmmmm Get over it dude
Sore loser much?
Great game by both teams ruined by idiot poster.
Its Ky're by the way...bet your boy could guard Brown hun?

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I'm a sore cheater!!! thank you very much!

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

We probably shouldn't be talking bout other folk kids anyway. I apologize to the families but those refs were below avg at best!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”