SE

Re: Division 4 Sectional at Northwest

Post by Lightle04 »

Paint Balley beat Peebles tonight.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

There is no reason that it shouldn't tho. PV def deserves the 3.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I underestimated Paint Valley last year and then watched them woodshed Webster at the Convo. When they are dialed in, they can beat anyone in southeastern ohio D4 as they have a nice mix of guards and big men. Give them a regular D4 schedule like SOC I and paint valley goes about 19-3. They are right in the mix with Peebles, Trimble and Clay as regional-caliber teams in D4.*

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

I said Akia Brown is the second best player in the NW sectional behind Justice(get it right) hes just a Soph and its just my opinion so no need for a sissy fit. as I stated earlier East lost to NW on first game of season @NW without their Best player for 2 quaters with NW shooting a percentage like PV did last night vs Peebles and East missing 40+ shots losing by only 6. Basketball is a very weird sport aas we seen last night with PV/Peebles.....the Top teams in any conference can compete with one another in SE Ohio, no matter the Division (you play 5 guys at a time) . S..O.S. don't mean Jack when you have the players to compete(ask the Ohio State Buckeyes) this area isn't Cleveland ,Natti,Columbus etc The talent Pool isn't that deep so The Divisions really ain't that serious. I played sports around here myself. We can sit here a go back and fourth all day bottom line is its just our opinions and these kids still have to go out and play the game. we will see soon Enough who's WHO !!! Until then don't put words in my mouth and stay blessed!!
Last edited by Jtaylor304 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

art_vandelay wrote:I underestimated Paint Valley last year and then watched them woodshed Webster at the Convo. When they are dialed in, they can beat anyone in southeastern ohio D4 as they have a nice mix of guards and big men. Give them a regular D4 schedule like SOC I and paint valley goes about 19-3. They are right in the mix with Peebles, Trimble and Clay as regional-caliber teams in D4.*
And if Clay is A regional team then East is for sure a Regional caliber Team smh..

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Buckeyes911: I should've added east and beaver eastern with Clay to that list as well...they are capable of getting hot and making a regional run as well. But i still think that 2 of Trimble, Peebles, and paint valley are the most likely teams to get there. You are completely discounting strength of schedule with Paint Valley while an 8-14 Paint Valley team got to District Finals last year. They are even better this year. Regardless, I'll be rooting for SOC I schools.*

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

This is stupid you can't even compare East and there schedual to Paint Valleys. And don't give that did you win the games on your schedual crap. Paint Valley is undefeated against all the D4 teams they have played including the #2 team in the state. Strength of schedual has to matter. You can't beat Rose hill Christian academy 2 time by 30 and say it counts for more than losing to a D3 Piketon or D2 unioto school .Paint Valley is at worst the #3 best team easily in this bracket they are huge inside and have great guard play as well as a nice bench. They deserve the #2 but at least the #3. At some point common sense has to be a factor I mean 4 of the SOC 1 wins will be from Green and New Boston . That's 20% of the win total for the year !!

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Paint Valley is 4 for many reasons, they luckily, thats right, not skillfully, beat Peebles by shooting insane from three land. Their real 3 avg more around 25-29% this season. they have a tall kid, a kid that is an avg. ball handler, a rebounder that is foul prone and absolutley no pure shooter or one on the horizon. theyre good kids, but the team, combined with their staff puts them there. Peebles would play PV again Peebles wins by 20+

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ushoot2Ishoot3 wrote:Paint Valley is 4 for many reasons, they luckily, thats right, not skillfully, beat Peebles by shooting insane from three land. Their real 3 avg more around 25-29% this season. they have a tall kid, a kid that is an avg. ball handler, a rebounder that is foul prone and absolutley no pure shooter or one on the horizon. theyre good kids, but the team, combined with their staff puts them there. Peebles would play PV again Peebles wins by 20+
Weren't they up 18 in the 4th? I'm sure that was pure luck. I'm sure they accidentally shot 12-25 from 3 in their 2 games against Unioto too. Pure luck. Oh, and this lucky team was tied with Peebles in the final 2 minutes of their matchup last year.

They are a well coached, confident team. Not deep, but their depth is getting better everyday.

Peebles could possibly win by 20 if they played again, you're right there, but I wouldn't bet on Peebles -20 if they played again.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Luck all Day, our teams have played PV, Medicocre at best! Seriously, SE beats them 2x, The Powerhouse Lynchburg Clay handles them with ease, but the Peebles team beats LC by 40 pts, ZT owns PV, and Peebles beats them by ZT by 30 points. Like I have suggested, Medicocre at Basketball and pure Luck they beat Peebles California Hollow.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Vote paint valley as the 3 and we will c what happens! I bet the game is not within 15!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Paint Valley has lost to Southeastern but southeastern is a D3 school Paint Valley is a D4 school there tournament draw is with D4 teams small little schools ! And they beat Peebles luck or no luck both teams laced there shoes up and went at it AT Peebles on top of that. And earlier this year whipped Western by 20+ . They are a good D4 team! My sons 2013 Eastern team ended the year ranked 11 in the state played a .500 Fairfield team and lost ! Because Fairfield plays D3 and D2 teams all year long and it makes them better. Heck look at South Webster till recently they were the same way played bigger schools had average records and whipped up on teams come tourney time .

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

East goes down 81-73 to eastern. They have to be locked in that 4 seed.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

jayhawks wrote:Vote paint valley as the 3 and we will c what happens! I bet the game is not within 15!
You might be right! After all, PV was up 18 in the 4th!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Western24 wrote:East goes down 81-73 to eastern. They have to be locked in that 4 seed.
I wonder why East lost tonight, because the refs weren't fair, at home? That's my guess.

PHStide
Waterboy

Post by PHStide »

IMO---Peebles, Trimble and PV are the top 3 teams in the SE Div. 4 Tournament

Peebles is a lock at #1 seed and Trimble the same.

After last weekend Peebles doesn't want anything to do with PV.

The SHAC teams will work with Peebles and try to make PV a 2 or 3 seed, forcing a show down between Trimble and PV for the District Championship.

This leaves Peebles with a clear run to the Regionals.

The tournament draw is a chess match, I'm always surprised with the outcome.

IF PV can work with the other schools they could be in a position to pick their eventual foe. If that's the case I say chose but "Chose Wisely"

I love this time of year. Good luck to all !!!!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

BTW, I think Peebles is outstanding, but I don't think their fans are giving the Bearcats their due respect after Saturday.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

8. Manchester/9. North Adams -vs- 1. Peebles

7. Fairfield/10. Whiteoak -vs- 2. Paint Valley

6. Notre Dame/11. New Boston -vs- 3. Clay

4. East -vs- 5. Western
Last edited by Bobby k on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Boobby K,

Green isn't in this sectional. North Adams is missing from yours.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

socfan wrote:Boobby K,

Green isn't in this sectional. North Adams is missing from yours.
Fixed it. Thanks

Return to “Boys Basketball”