Division 4 Sectional at Northwest

buckeye_monester
Riding the Bench

Re: Division 4 Sectional at Northwest

Post by buckeye_monester »

As a Peebles Indian fan I was able to attend the Peebles, Paint Valley game Saturday night. Paint Valley has a very good team in my opinion, that being said I do not feel Peebles would be afraid of a rematch, I would enjoy seeing that happen. Stratton is a very good ball handler, defender and shooter from what I observed in 1 game, the other guard #3 did a great job as well. Justice rarely has issues with foul trouble, this was a significant factor in Peebles losing this game as well as PV guards making all of their shots behind the arc and foul shots. I would not be surprised to see PV in districts, I was surprised they had 7 losses with the quality team they have. JMO

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

indianalum88 wrote:As a Peebles Indian fan I was able to attend the Peebles, Paint Valley game Saturday night. Paint Valley has a very good team in my opinion, that being said I do not feel Peebles would be afraid of a rematch, I would enjoy seeing that happen. Stratton is a very good ball handler, defender and shooter from what I observed in 1 game, the other guard #3 did a great job as well. Justice rarely has issues with foul trouble, this was a significant factor in Peebles losing this game as well as PV guards making all of their shots behind the arc and foul shots. I would not be surprised to see PV in districts, I was surprised they had 7 losses with the quality team they have. JMO

That's only because they play in the SVC, which is loaded this year.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

I agree that Peebles doesn't really care to play them again and realistically they would probably win. With that being said, there isn't anyone that can say that Peebles wants a shot of PV in the tournament before the regionals. They want PV as far away from them as they can get, so you best believe they are putting them at the 2.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Western24 wrote:I agree that Peebles doesn't really care to play them again and realistically they would probably win. With that being said, there isn't anyone that can say that Peebles wants a shot of PV in the tournament before the regionals. They want PV as far away from them as they can get, so you best believe they are putting them at the 2.
I agree. Peebles wouldn't mind another go with PV given the overwhelming evidence based on similar opponents that Peebles would be at the advantage but I also don't think it is unrealistic to say that if we could avoid Trimble and PV that we would, they are our biggest threats before meeting Harvest Prep/Africentric.

PullingGard
Waterboy

Post by PullingGard »

Came out to Pebbles Saturday Night and both teams gave it all they had. Yes, PV may not always shoot that good but they did against Pebbles which shows they can do it against anyone in the Northwest Sectional. East has picked up a few wins such as Rose Hill Christian that aren't close to PV out of conference. PV is in a much tougher conference and is 5-0 against D4 teams and I believe is without a question the 3 SEED.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

That's what I'm saying Easts record is a little deceiving when you consider 6 wins come from Rose hill,Green,New Boston . All of the SOC 1 top teams have Green and New Boston that's 4 wins. It is deceiving but they are conference teams they have no choice but to play those 2. That's why at worst Paint Valley should be the 3 seed. There quality wins #2 state ranked Peebles and SOC 1 co-leader at this time Western .and there league schedual is huge !

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

lightle04 wrote:That's what I'm saying Easts record is a little deceiving when you consider 6 wins come from Rose hill,Green,New Boston . All of the SOC 1 top teams have Green and New Boston that's 4 wins. It is deceiving but they are conference teams they have no choice but to play those 2. That's why at worst Paint Valley should be the 3 seed. There quality wins #2 state ranked Peebles and SOC 1 co-leader at this time Western .and there league schedual is huge !
Schedule.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Right thanks Crab. Lol

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

danicalifornia wrote:
Western24 wrote:East goes down 81-73 to eastern. They have to be locked in that 4 seed.
I wonder why East lost tonight, because the refs weren't fair, at home? That's my guess.
East lost because of poor foul shooting... this doesn't automatically lock them in as the 4 as they could still get a 3 with Clay as the 4 and East as the 3. With Peebles and Paint Valley as the 1 & 2. Western can make its case for the 4 with a win Friday against Eastern.

1987 Viking Alumni
Waterboy

Post by 1987 Viking Alumni »

Tartanblue wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
Western24 wrote:East goes down 81-73 to eastern. They have to be locked in that 4 seed.
I wonder why East lost tonight, because the refs weren't fair, at home? That's my guess.
East lost because of poor foul shooting... this doesn't automatically lock them in as the 4 as they could still get a 3 with Clay as the 4 and East as the 3. With Peebles and Paint Valley as the 1 & 2. Western can make its case for the 4 with a win Friday against Eastern.
Blue, I believe that voting will be done on Thursday or Friday of this week online, yes online. When the coaches go to the meeting on Sunday the brackets have already been made out based on the voting that took place earlier in the week. The team with the lowest total will be the 1 seed and so one. Thus, as much as I would like to see East get a 3 seed, I don't expect that to happen after the loss last night. They will more than likely be the 4 seed or the 5 seed with Western being the other seed.
At least in the old days you had to look the guy in the face if you were voting according to party lines (trying to be politically correct) and if you were lucky, they'd kiss you goodbye as they were leaving. Last week in one of the girls sectionals a team with a losing record voted themselves the one seed and Sunday when they got to the meeting it was revealed how they voted for each team including their team.
We could go back to seeding the top three or four teams in each sectional and then the rest will pull numbers out of the hat that always made for an interesting tournament draw.
Bottom line, you can complain all you want about how you were seeded but when the dust finally settles you still have to have a higher number on the scoreboard than the other team to move on. You can't get to where you want to be unless you beat everyone in front of you. Isn't that right Crab's Brother?

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

The bio's will already been in by Friday. After Thursday the seeding will pretty much be set. but it doesn't really matter if you are the 4 or the 5 in my opinion.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree it doesn't matter. But if East is the 4 and Western 5 that's going to be hands down the best sectional game to be played at Valley !

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

They're playing at northwest this year lightle

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

What are final records? Seeds are given Sunday but I believe all coaches must have their records in by today.

Predictions?

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Peebles (18-1)
Paint Valley (11-7)
Clay (16-4)
East (13-5)
Western-Pike (11-8)
Notre Dame (10-8)
Fairfield (9-11)
Manchester (9-10)
North Adams (4-15)
Whiteoak (1-18)
New Boston (0-18)

These are close based off Newspapers and PFloyd

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll guess:

1- Peebles
2- Clay
3- Paint Valley
4- East
5- Western
6- Notre Dame
7- Manchester
8- Fairfield
9- North Adams
10- Whiteoak
11- New Boston

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

looks like lots of SHAC matchups!

10 vs 7
8 vs 9 and then winner vs 1

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

I believe the seeding will be:

1. Peebles, 2. PV, 3. Clay, 4. East, 5. Western, 6. ND, 7. Manchester, 8. Fairfield, 9. NA, 10. Whiteoak, 11. New Boston

Then I say: Peebles vs. Fairfield
PV vs. Manchester
Clay vs. ND
East vs Western

Going to the Convo IMO:
Peebles
PV
Clay
Western

I know there aren't any upsets in my picks, but I don't really see it happening. I believe the best game will be East vs. Western by a long shot. If their is an Upset i believe it will be ND OVER CLAY.

Feel free to comment either way.

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

theuglytruth wrote:looks like lots of SHAC matchups!

10 vs 7
8 vs 9 and then winner vs 1

There will be a lot of SOC match ups as well

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

See it all figured out, no need to even play the games lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”