Division 4 Sectional at Meigs

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Re: Division 4 Sectional at Meigs

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

OHSAA split the regional so no Southeastern Ohio team will get to play for a Regional Championship this year. I liked how they let the two SE teams play and then winner takes on the Columbus teams. This year is not the case tho......2 SE teams will make the regional and both will get beat, and my gut tells me badly by Harvest Prep and Africentric. I have seen both of those teams play and they are better then what SE ohio has coming out....to much size and speed on both those teams for a Trimble or Peebles to compete with.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I agree BigShooter. Africentric and Harvest Prep are at a different level.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

buzzkillington wrote:I agree BigShooter. Africentric and Harvest Prep are at a different level.
Most schools that recruit are on a different level. Further proof they should be playing in their own division.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

G.W.A. wrote:
buzzkillington wrote:I agree BigShooter. Africentric and Harvest Prep are at a different level.
Most schools that recruit are on a different level. Further proof they should be playing in their own division.
The team that has had hiccups and near misses in recent memory when it comes to advancing past districts has been Africentric. Came in as huge favorites against Danville a few years ago and lost by 10. Almost lost to FCA last year in the district finals. Additionally, Africentric actually has a much tougher road to Athens than Harvest Prep, despite the fact the Nubians were the #1 seed. Africentric will easily capture a sectional title (first two rounds in Central District), but then it'll get a tad interesting. If they make the district final (which they should), it will be probably be a rematch against FCA... to be played at Bloom-Carroll. Could be potential for an upset there.

Africentric and Harvest are the two anomalies when it comes to what's considered fair competition. Those two teams aside, there's a couple strong teams in Central District D4 that don't recruit and have a slight chance of making it to Athens, i.e. Berne Union, FCA, Fisher Cath etc (those three are in Africentric's part of the bracket). The one bracket has Harvest/Newark Cath going to Athens, the other is the one that is pretty stacked.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

Does anyone from Waterford know if they r going to play that makeup game with frontier local,if anybody knows let me know. Thanks

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

If anybody can post a Symmes Valley vs. South Webster final score from tonight at Meigs, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Keyser: South Webster over Symmes valley 67-54.*

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

buckcc wrote:Does anyone from Waterford know if they r going to play that makeup game with frontier local,if anybody knows let me know. Thanks

Friday night 2/27 7:30 varsity start

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

Does anyone hav e the final updated records of these teams and with there makeup games,I like to put records on my brackets. Thanks

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

St.Joe beat New Boston tonight 55-20 to finish the reg season 11-11

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

south Gallia beat wahama tonight

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Prediction 1: Howie will stomp his way to another championship.

Prediction 2: Waterford will upset a couple of teams - but, not Trimble.

Return to “Boys Basketball”