RV @ Meigs....1-16-2015

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

RV @ Meigs....1-16-2015

Post by HoopsHotHead »

ANY THOUGHTS?........

RV should get back on track in this one.........

G.W.A.
All Conference

Re: RV @ Meigs....1-16-2015

Post by G.W.A. »

Meigs 58
RV 61

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

If you look on the paper you would say River Valley has the edge in this one.

Common Opponents have been: Jackson, Nelsonville York, Alexander and Vinton County.

Against those teams:
River Valley averaged 60 points and gave up 57 points
Meigs has averaged 52 points and has given up 55 points.

So the slight edge would go to RV...However, Meigs has changed their offense and it worked very well against Nelsonville...We went from averaging 24 turnovers a game, to just 14 in Tuesdays matchup.

I know RV is coming off a very close loss in OT to 2nd place tvc ohio team Vinton, and their confidence level has to be pretty high, as will Meigs for coming up with the win over NY.

I expect a very close game, and last week I would have easily picked River Valley, but I was impressed with Meigs Tuesday Evening and the new Offense that fits the boys on the court.

Meigs will score the highest of their season:
Meigs-- 62
RV ----58

Just Got news that there will be No Freshman Game!!!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on K-92; 92.1 FM and also online at www.wyvk.com.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

My thoughts almost exactly coach K.......I must consider the host to have a slight advantage now......if the teams are =.....then the home team should have the advantage........I think this game is sponsored by the holzer health care......Jr. has a t-shirt to wear instead of the normal polo......

I look forward to visiting with lots of familiar faces tonight.......good luck to both teams and see you tonight!!

Hear is my BIASED opinion..........RV-71...M-67........lots of FT's in this one.....(55 total) <-----my guess.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Not very good vs. Not very good flip a quarter.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Judge and Jury wrote:Not very good vs. Not very good flip a quarter.

Both young and improving and will be at top of TVC Ohio in 2 years and will stay on top for awhile.

Looking forward to the JV Game...My boy #11 Christian Mattox and Dustin Barber play AAU ball together and they will be highly competitive amongst each other.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Ah wasn't arguing someone asked opinion of this game not two yrs from now. Meigs has a quality coach with any talent in time he will figure out what works best with what he has. RVs every someone says their young and building they been building for yrs. Time will tell where they end up great if its on top but from what I've seen across the board RV will have more than two yrs. To go. Wish them the best but sometimes dreams often and do become reality eventually!

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Judge and Jury wrote:Ah wasn't arguing someone asked opinion of this game not two yrs from now. Meigs has a quality coach with any talent in time he will figure out what works best with what he has. RVs every someone says their young and building they been building for yrs. Time will tell where they end up great if its on top but from what I've seen across the board RV will have more than two yrs. To go. Wish them the best but sometimes dreams often and do become reality eventually!
Well instead of coming up with your GREAT opinion, then Why don't you make a prediction, such as who do you think will win? what do you think the score might be?

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Meigs has a good coach but he won't last rumor has it they want him gone so they can hire in house probably another player's dad .with that being said I predict Meigs will win .

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

My prediction is someone wins and someone loses and neither are on top and both struggling so insignificant southern Ohio ball.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Final OT
RV 57
Meigs 55

Meigs trailed 40-28 in the second half and then went on a 12-0 run to tie it. It was back and forth the rest of the way.
With Meigs leading 51-48 Tyler Twyman released a corner 3 pointer with 0.3 s left in regulation and it was nothing but net to tie it at 51-51. Tyler Twyman hit Jacob Dovenbarger with a half court pass and he laid it in at the buzzer to win it just after Meigs had tied it at 55-55.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Hardfowl wrote:Final OT
RV 57
Meigs 55

Meigs trailed 40-28 in the second half and then went on a 12-0 run to tie it. It was back and forth the rest of the way.
With Meigs leading 51-48 Tyler Twyman released a corner 3 pointer with 0.3 s left in regulation and it was nothing but net to tie it at 51-51. Tyler Twyman hit Jacob Dovenbarger with a half court pass and he laid it in at the buzzer to win it just after Meigs had tied it at 55-55.
Still baffled why Twyman wasn't fouled on the floor before launching the 3 pointer...Down by 3, send him to the foul line for a 1 on 1 with 0.6 left and the game never goes into overtime.

Them not sure what was going on when Meigs ties it at 55-55 with 5.5 seconds left and ticking and then Meigs calls a time out stopping the clock in which allowed RV to setup an inbound play. I'm pretty sure that the RV coach wasn't even signaling for a timeout.

But overall a great and exciting game.

Meigs JV was on fire and won I believe 58-28.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Congrats Raiders! You guys are having a solid first season in the TVC!!! Keep up the great work and good luck the rest of the year. We're pulling for you!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Heck of a varsity game.....had a strange feel to it.....till the end........I didnt understand why Meigs' coach signaled for the time-out in OT with 5.5 secs left and running?..........?.........helped us..........and Meigs JV played lilghts out......very impressed with their effort and execution....they thumped us........our jv stood on offense and did not keep MHS in front of them on defense.......and without solid help-line technique and the lock of communication between teammates.....this recipe spelled disaster for RV......

Best of luck to MHS moving forward......they can beat any other TVC on any given night........which is the case for most teams in the OHIO minus Wellston(sorry WHS fans....jmo)......with Athens and Alex leading the way..........should be a good finish for the top spot.......Athens will have to survive everyone's best punch.....and each team will have to try and steal some road games to have a chance........all of this is JMO......

1sportsfan
Waterboy

Post by 1sportsfan »

First time seeing Meigs play. Not sure where the Tylar Blevins kid on JV came from. But I think he would be a great sub on varsity. Meigs varsity only plays 6 or 7 deep. This kid could help and give some fresh legs and must needed rest for starters

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

1sportsfan wrote:First time seeing Meigs play. Not sure where the Tylar Blevins kid on JV came from. But I think he would be a great sub on varsity. Meigs varsity only plays 6 or 7 deep. This kid could help and give some fresh legs and must needed rest for starters
There isn't a spectator in the crowd that couldn't agree more...He is just a Sophomore and still learning. He has had several good JV games this season, Dresses Varsity, but I don't think he has even seen a minute of time.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
1sportsfan wrote:First time seeing Meigs play. Not sure where the Tylar Blevins kid on JV came from. But I think he would be a great sub on varsity. Meigs varsity only plays 6 or 7 deep. This kid could help and give some fresh legs and must needed rest for starters
There isn't a spectator in the crowd that couldn't agree more...He is just a Sophomore and still learning. He has had several good JV games this season, Dresses Varsity, but I don't think he has even seen a minute of time.
I agree. These kids are going to have to see time. Meigs could be at least two guys deeper and they need to be. You could see how big if a loss Ty Phelps is after this game. He's a big strong kid that would not have gotten pushed around in the paint. He would have dominated the boards in a game like this.

Back to what is and not the what could be, Meigs is super young and Coach Fry will probably jump at the opportunity to play some of the JV guys really soon once he feels they are experienced enough to see Varsity time. Good luck to both teams moving forward. Both teams sure could use a little more size that's for sure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”