Trimble 48 @ Nelsonville York 40 Final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Trimble 48 @ Nelsonville York 40 Final

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you to the Nelsonville York folks for having roster sheets for tonight's game - greatly appreciated !!!

Trimble 48
Nelsonville York 40 final

This one was a tale of 2 halves … Coach Kline had his Buckeyes come out of the gate being very "patient" with the ball - nothing rushed, ball movement, work the Trimble D … get the shot THEY wanted, WHEN they wanted to take it … by being patient/slowing down the game it kept the NY turnovers to a minimum only 6 in the first 2 quarters - Trimble was kept from scoring out of its' defense … 0 transition points for the Tomcats in the first 2 quarters … Trimble 9 Nelsonville York 7 end of 1 …Trimble 15 Nelsonville York 13 intermission - end of the first 16 minute short story … the 2nd half … 3rd quarter action had Coach Caldwell's Tomcats counter the deliberate play of Nelsonville in the first half by taking control of the tempo - pushing the ball at every opportunity - missed shots, on turnovers, made NY shots … getting the game into a transition contest … it worked … Trimble forced 10 NY turnovers in the 2nd half (5 in each the 3rd/4th quarters) … off the 10 TOs Trimble picked up 4 transition fgs in the 3rd and 2 more in the 4th - check that one off (points off of TOs) … to start the 3rd THS got the ball into Micah Couch for 3 fgs at the rim (check - get the ball inside to the bigs) … the final check was marked off as the ball got into Justice Jenkins hands - specifically his left hand - as Jenkins pushed the ball into the paint and finished at the rim ( 3 times for "and one" old school 3 point plays) … Nelsonville York could not play in the uptempo/ transition game with Trimble - HOWEVER 25 points split between Jeremy Warren/Colt Adams kept the Buckeyes in the game as they each drained three 3 balls in the final 2 quarters … problem was the duo scored 34 of the NY 40 points on the night - not enough help inside or out for the Buckeyes … Trimble's uptempo push in the 2nd half outscored the Nelsonville "patience" of the 1st half … Trimble 48 Nelsonville York 40 a final …

… Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Nelsonville York …

Scoring … Colt Adams 23 , Jeremy Warren 11 , Aaron Davis 6
3 Pointers … 7/21 … Colt Adams 4, Jeremy Warren 3
FT's … 1/5
TO's … 16

… Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Trimble …

Scoring … Justice Jenkins 21, Austin Downs 11, Micah Couch 9, Grant Clark 3, Jeremy Blake 2, Bryce Guthrie 2
3 Pointers … 1/6 … Austin Downs 1
FTs … 9/12
TOs … 16

… I need to see the Tomcats again … I came away with an incomplete picture of this team I think - some impressions I came away with include a weakness at the point guard position , lack of ball handling - this actually kept NY in the game in the 4th quarter as Trimble was turned over 6 times in the 4th period … Howie has never been one to emphasize the 3 pointer which is what I saw tonight ( only 6 trey attempts) - but also didn't come away with anyone being a perimeter scoring threat … the Tomcats -rightly so when you have Couch/Clark in the paint - want to get into the paint when the run their offense … if the 2 bigs don't get their touches inside , then you have an almost unstoppable Justice Jenkins who can get into the paint - physical strength/ lefthand/ an athlete/ hard nose player Jenkins can play on my team any game LOL … then you have the "real" game that the Tomcats want to play - the transition game - one thing Coach Caldwell does have is a group of players who ARE comfortable getting out in the open court - they get to the rim … they WILL get to the line … one of the questions I need answered " can the perimeter people get the ball into the post ?" I didn't see it tonight … Coach Caldwell has a team in this Trimble group that has many nice "pieces" - I'm looking forward to seeing them down the road … looking for improvement, looking to see if the perimeter players listen to Coach Caldwell , learn how to "feed the post"… learn their "roles" that will complete this TEAM …

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Trimble/Nelsonville York varsity rosters???

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nelsonville-York Buckeyes

Coach Jay Kline

No.;Name;Ht;Yr

10;Brayden Withem;6-1;Sr

12;Tristan Lent;5-11;Sr

13;Hunter Edwards;6-3;So

14;Marc Godenschwager;5-8;Jr

20;Alec Sikorski;5-8;Sr

22;Jeremy Warren;6-0;Sr

23;Colt Adams;6-4;Sr

24;Liam Tompkins;6-0;Sr

30;Jakob Talbert;5-6;Jr

32;Joel Thompson;6-5;Sr

33;Aron Davis;6-1;So

34;Jay Elliott;6-1;Sr

40;Cameron Chilcote;5-10;Sr

42;Scott Adams;5-11;Jr

44;Jared Russell;6-3;Jr

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble High School

Varsity Basketball Roster

Number Name Height Weight Grade

# 3 Cody Jones 5’7” 145 lbs 11
# 4 Mitchell Campbell 5’7” 160 lbs 11
# 5 Randy Hixon 5’8” 145 lbs 9
# 10 Austin Downs 5’9” 155 lbs 12
# 11 Jeremy Blake 5’7” 145 lbs 12
# 12 Bryce Guthrie 6’1” 175 lbs 11
# 13 Tyler Sayre 6’0” 160 lbs 11
# 14 Michael Williams 5’9” 180 lbs 12
# 20 Justice Jenkins 5’10” 170 lbs 11
# 22 Micah Couch 6’2” 180 lbs 12
# 23 Grant Clark 6’4” 180 lbs 12
# 24 Caullin Lunsford 5’8” 175 lbs 12
# 32 James Shonborn 5’9” 175 lbs 11
# 33 Jacob Hardy 6’1” 165 lbs 10
# 40 Tyler Slack 5’9” 145 lbs 10

Coaches – Howie Caldwell, Chris Lyons, George Gossman, Dave Richards

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Disregard height for Trimble ... that's a "Howie" roster ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Perfect !!! thanks 93dog !!! I knew you had them in your archive of TVC information !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… I'm anxious to see Coach Caldwell's Tomcats … lots of positives Howie can put on the floor with size, quickness, inside AND outside game … it doesn't hurt to have a "bunch" of athletes either LOL … I need to see what's happening with Coach Kline's boys!!! a 3-0 start followed by 0-4 streak??? … It should be a good game tonight at NY High School …

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Trimble 48 @ Nelsonville York 40 Final

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You do need to see the 'Cats again, Floyd.

NY/Trimble = big rivalry game ... it's always messy.

The games I have seen with Trimble included nothing but power post game, high/low sets and pick and rolls.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Nelsonville has the size and athleticism to match up with the Tomcats, something not very many teams have. I think Downs is a good point guard but depth with hurt them down the road.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

All this and 9 dollars will get you a haircut in Racine but it wont get you a win. The boys from the Downtown Athletic Club will see to it when Howie brings the kitties to the Almost Champions Arena. You heard it here first!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Will Willie Cheatem be doing the game? Meowwwwwwww

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Just reading the napkin stats. Looks like the Cats got 14 points out of that power game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Super Trooper wrote:Nelsonville has the size and athleticism to match up with the Tomcats, something not very many teams have. I think Downs is a good point guard but depth with hurt them down the road.

… I agree Super Trooper - NY had the size to play vs the interior folks (Couch/Clark) … Coach Kline's kids DID a nice job on the BiGS the entire game really - as Couch got his points "on his own" not out of set plays … Clark was a non factor offensively - defensively he had a number of blocks down low for Coach Caldwell's boys … Clark either took an elbow in the mouth in the first 30 seconds of the game or had a previous cut opened backup - as I said he had a hard time getting in the flow on offense …

… the big difference is Justice Jenkins - the lefty is so physically strong he get where ever he wants on the floor and finishes … he handles the ball well for a "tweener" big/wing man … I jotted down on my napkins - "ball handling" … "difficulty handling pressure on the dribble" … I will need to see Trimble again vs a good opponent to see how the two games compare - I KNOW that watching a team one time doesn't give you a clear picture of the TEAM … as the season plays out - some of the 'weaknesses" will be addressed by Coach Caldwell …

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

That was also my first time taking in the Tomcats. I really like the dynamic of Trimble being able to press when you have a rim protector like Trimble have. I think that could be huge down the stretch. I could see them struggling with pressure as Downs is really the only ball handler they have. But they have a lot of nice pieces for Howie to work with and try will be a tough D4 out this year. I don't see them losing a game in the TVC. Too big, strong, and athletic

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Ummmm, good luck?

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

Not in our HOUSE!

Almost Champions Arena will be packed and the temperature wll be 104. Plus with the Farmer and Scotty Dale calling the game, I see a Tornado runaway victory!

Howie better get ready cuz Junior gonna whup his butt!

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Howie will STOMP!

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

I have the game in Racine. Gonna stop in for a free haircut at the Butcher Shop and pick up my bonus check.....

Return to “Boys Basketball”