South Gallia @ Gallia Academy Saturday 12/13

256pride
Riding the Bench

South Gallia @ Gallia Academy Saturday 12/13

Post by 256pride »

How does everyone think this game will go? Ill take the rebels in a good game.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Re: South Gallia @ Gallia Academy Saturday 12/13

Post by bumblebeetuna »

I'll take the boys in blue

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I think Rebels better worry about Fed Hock tomorrow. It's a bigger game than Saturday's.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I agree with RebelCat, Federal Hocking first! Saturday will come soon enough and SG has noting to lose on Saturday but Friday night is a different situation. Go Rebels beat Lancers!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Rebels need to worry about today's game first. Other than that I've seen both teams play and I'll take SG by 20. The devils will have no answer for the up tempo style of play and no way to stop Greer.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Well federal hocking is terrible and are without their head coach so s.g. Should b able to put it away early. G.a. Will have a tough one tonight mentally and physically draining so edge goes to s.g. And please nobody respond and say how good federal hocking is it is what is.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

mtswngrvsg wrote:I agree with RebelCat, Federal Hocking first! Saturday will come soon enough and SG has noting to lose on Saturday but Friday night is a different situation. Go Rebels beat Lancers!

I totally agree let's take one game at a time. I know people are optimistic and that's a wonderful thing! Looking at the schedule I see not one game that The Rebels can't win but I see plenty that can be lost if they don't have the proper preparation and focus. In football the saying goes "on any given Sunday" so every game against every team has to taken seriously and playing good defense combined with smart offense and good health will go a long ways! Let's go to Fed Hock and bring home this seasons first conference road win tonight!

Go Rebels

Hornetz Fan 32
Waterboy

Post by Hornetz Fan 32 »

Fed Hock has a good big kid and a good guard that can bring the ball down the floor. Have not seen SG this year but if it is up at Fed Hock, could be a closer game.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Last night proved how balanced the TVC Hocking is this year. One game at a time, one step at a time. Good luck tonight Rebels!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

When you look at the scores from last nights TVC Hocking games it's obvious there is not much difference between the teams so you have to come to play EVERY night. Tonight's game should be fun. First ever regular season varsity boys basketball game for SG with another Gallia county team. Gallipolis tonight and then River Valley on January 10. Won't know how to act going to a road game less than 20 minutes away!

Good luck tonight Rebels!

Hornetz Fan 32
Waterboy

Post by Hornetz Fan 32 »

Not much difference until Trimble starts their season. Other than them & maybe Wahama, everything looks like it is just a home court advantage for the other TVC teams.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Home games in the tvc always keep u in the hunt!!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Hornetz Fan 32 wrote:Not much difference until Trimble starts their season. Other than them & maybe Wahama, everything looks like it is just a home court advantage for the other TVC teams.
I know Trimble is going to be pretty good this year but I didn't realize they are so far ahead of the rest of the league. I mean SG did beat them in both meetings last year and I actually believe the Rebels have improved. That being said I will concede that Trimble is the favorite but some are making them sound unbeatable. The winner of the Hocking will probably have 3 losses.

The real question everyone is asking is where will Howie go after Trimble graduates their talent. Seems he chases talent. Starts at Southern then when the talent declined it was off to Eastern which had a sudden spurt of very talented boys. When the Eastern talent pool declined it was off to Fed Hock! There for a couple years and then when talent graduated it was off to Trimble! We should start a pool on the over -under on the years he will be at Trimble and then predict which school is next.

If I am an AD I wouldn't touch him the way he bounces around. He used to be one of my favorite coaches but I have lost some respect for him.

Hornetz Fan 32
Waterboy

Post by Hornetz Fan 32 »

I agree Rebel about the switching. I am not saying anyone from Trimble will get it either. Looks like every team has a player with a shot at it. The Hocking looks like it up for grabs this year. Good year to get Gallipolis this year when they are down. Good luck to the Rebels.

Hornetz Fan 32
Waterboy

Post by Hornetz Fan 32 »

Is this game on the radio anywhere?

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

Anyone have a score update?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Gallia Academy 45
South Gallia 34

me22
Waterboy

Post by me22 »

South Gallia should have sold out to stop the points in the paint---Gallia Academy can't score from the floor at all ---could have been a different game if they would have done a better job shutting down the underneath stuff
Last edited by me22 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

GA won by 10 or 11I think. Terrible showing by both school's, at least I hope that was an off night for the both of them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”