Best teams in the TVC Hocking (Boys)?

91blue14
SE

Re: Best teams in the TVC Hocking (Boys)?

Post by 91blue14 »

256pride wrote:
91blue14 wrote:sg played very little zone. Belpre should have started their best players and stuck with them
You make it sound like it would have mattered those 2 teams were not close by any means and greer and hutchison are in a different universe than anyone belpre has.

I said that in light of Belpre lineup was pretty much jv kids from last year but they didn't play much south Gallia controlled the game from opening tip. Belpre refused to play us man to man. so after a timeout we went zone to give them another look and they shot terrible from the floor. teams like division 3 Belpre think they can run over little ol south Gallia and got spanked. I cant wait to see the west Virginia refs at there place.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Off topic but Greer is way better than anyone on Belpre's team. Greer will probably get tvc player of the year.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Binary wrote:
That is funny right there. Trimble Wahama Waterford SG and Belpre are all big homers as well as Southern. The TVC needs an assigner in a bad way.
Yes, and yet Southern, Eastern, South Gallia, Waterford, and Belpre keep voting against an assigner. Hmmmmmm, I wonder why? Wonder if it has to do with that homer thing?
Everyone knows why schools dont want an assigner. You cant pull the local alumni hero out of the local beer joint pay him a littl extra and have him work your games.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Now Boys! Lets put al this assigner talk to bed. If we go that route, I wont be able to buy any cows in the spring. I need the extra income and I am willing to throw in a few "Bonus" calls if you know what I mean. :lol: Me and Scotty Dale been doin it for years at Racine and at Waterford. You can hire me too. Just talk to your boosters and get a little something out of petty cash.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

enigmaax wrote:
Eaglepapaw wrote: These players should not have been penalized for not taking part in something that had nothing to do with school or the basketball team on a Saturday night.
What happened there?
So did Belpre have all their players at the game vs South Gallia or was someone missing?

Hornetz Fan 32
Waterboy

Post by Hornetz Fan 32 »

Kinda early to call Greer the POY in TVC when Trimble has not even started. But he will be in the hunt.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Waterford enjoys having "local control" of officials just like the good ole boys club in Racine. I kept it close. 3 OTs but in the end.....the high bidder won this one. GO CATS!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Trimble
South Gallia
Waterford
Southern
Wahama
Belpre
Eastern
Federal Hocking
Miller

I think the season will end with the teams in this order that they are currently in now with Trimble winning the league title with 2 losses.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Off topic but Greer is way better than anyone on Belpre's team. Greer will probably get tvc player of the year.
. POY is nice for the kid that wins it to have an award but I bet most people couldn't tell who the last five players were to win POY in the league or the district. I know I couldn't.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

2014 - Tristin Wolfe (Southern)
2013 - Max Carnahan (Eastern)
2012 - Andrew Roseberry (Southern)
2011 - Noah Guthrie (Trimble)
2010 - Tyler Thompson (Fed Hock)
2009 - D.J. Cunningham (Waterford)

:)

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

93Bulldog wrote:2014 - Tristin Wolfe (Southern)
2013 - Max Carnahan (Eastern)
2012 - Andrew Roseberry (Southern)
2011 - Noah Guthrie (Trimble)
2010 - Tyler Thompson (Fed Hock)
2009 - D.J. Cunningham (Waterford)

:)

93Bulldog you are extremely knowledgeable on the TVC so you don't count. You have to name the last 15 years. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I believe D.J. was back-to-back ... so I can go as far as 2008, after that you got me ... lol ...

I'm guessing A.J. Jenkins would have to be in there somewhere. Nathan Cozart of Eastern too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”