Miller Basketball

coachmc
Waterboy

Miller Basketball

Post by coachmc »

I see Miller is looking for a new coach. How good is this program going to be this year? Any idea who has applied for this position?

teach123
Freshman Team

Re: Miller Basketball

Post by teach123 »

what happened to former coach?

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

I heard he steped down to take a assistant position some where in Columbus. But dont know how true it is.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

At Miller's football scrimmage, one of the parents I know told me they have a basketball coach but they didn't know who he was/couldn't say much about him.

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

The new boy's basketball coach is Mark Craig. He was a assitant coach at Westerville South for the last two seasons. Before that he was at Northridge and Philo.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Hate to see the old coach go. He seemed to care a lot about the boys and the program

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

Any word on who the new coach is? Heard the new coach resigned last week. That puts them in a bad spot not having a coach with the season started.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Was told the coach just resigned because they hired a teacher who bumped him out of the job. It was a resign because you have no choice situation. That said, they apparently do have a coach.

smzgc03
Riding the Bench

Post by smzgc03 »

I heard they did ok vs Philo in the scrimmage

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

caldwellbasketball wrote:Was told the coach just resigned because they hired a teacher who bumped him out of the job. It was a resign because you have no choice situation.

this statement is false.

Pointing Falcon
JV Team

Post by Pointing Falcon »

I 2nd that Old Bird.

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

So who is the new coach? What really happened to the other coach? I also heard a teacher took the position. Guess rumors are never true. Miller should have a decent team this year. Hope they get a good coach in place.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

Haven't got official word on new coach. "Other coach" is gone so let's not worry about him anymore and as far as getting a good coach this late in the fall, I would say your chances are very slim. All that being said I hope the boys on team can pull through this set back and make a nice season out if it.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

coachmc wrote:The new boy's basketball coach is Mark Craig. He was a assitant coach at Westerville South for the last two seasons. Before that he was at Northridge and Philo.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102814
coachmc wrote:So who is the new coach? What really happened to the other coach? I also heard a teacher took the position. Guess rumors are never true. Miller should have a decent team this year. Hope they get a good coach in place.
coachmc seems to be a little confused...

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The new coach is the football coach and the reason given for the first new coach leaving is not true. Was told by an insider what happened and will NOT repeat it.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Back to the actual team, I think they'll be in a fight for fifth in the TVC. Miller always plays hard and can pull off an upset, but I think they will struggle against teams such as Belpre and S.G. Never know with Trimble, Waterford or Southern. They should win all of their non conference games: Millersport x2, Madison Christian, Granville Christian, Crooksville and Fisher. Should sweep Eastern, Fed Hock, and Wahama. Would not be surprised if they grabbed a win or two versus the other five Hocking teams.

See ya Saturday, good luck Falcons on your season.

mowcat
Waterboy

Post by mowcat »

Okay alright I'll let you know how good the program is going to be, it isn't. it is horrendous. In my point of view they need to hire a whole new coaching staff if they really want to win a game this year. I honestly would go out and recruit some players too because they have no selection as they are all talentless

marklane
JV Team

Post by marklane »

gutsandglory7 wrote:Okay alright I'll let you know how good the program is going to be, it isn't. it is horrendous. In my point of view they need to hire a whole new coaching staff if they really want to win a game this year. I honestly would go out and recruit some players too because they have no selection as they are all talentless
Yeah because violating OHSAA policies solves everything! :lol:

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

gutsandglory7 wrote:Okay alright I'll let you know how good the program is going to be, it isn't. it is horrendous. In my point of view they need to hire a whole new coaching staff if they really want to win a game this year. I honestly would go out and recruit some players too because they have no selection as they are all talentless
This guy just goes on every thread for every team and bashes them. Real mature.

Return to “Boys Basketball”