Athens basketball 2014/2015

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: Athens basketball 2014/2015

Post by WarriorBlue »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens has Burrow and Lutz. They are still the heavy favorites to play whoever comes out of cbus
Oh REALLY! I believe Warren will have something to say about that. Borrow & Co have NEVER beaten the BIG BAD BLUE! In fact Athens hasn't beaten Warren in 10+ years. They better worry about getting out of the sectional b4 you start talking regionals! Js!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I convinced the administration to allow the 2014/2015 Athens/Warren game to be played at 'The Warrior Dome' ... just so we could end that streak on your home floor, WarriorBlue!

it's just gonna make it that much sweeeeeeeter ...

:)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:I convinced the administration to allow the 2014/2015 Athens/Warren game to be played at 'The Warrior Dome' ... just so we could end that streak on your home floor, WarriorBlue!

Please, to all things that are holy, please let this game get played on it's scheduled date! I can't take another huge smack talking posts that results in the sectional game being decided by 85 points again this year!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

danicalifornia wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I convinced the administration to allow the 2014/2015 Athens/Warren game to be played at 'The Warrior Dome' ... just so we could end that streak on your home floor, WarriorBlue!

Please, to all things that are holy, please let this game get played on it's scheduled date! I can't take another huge smack talking posts that results in the sectional game being decided by 85 points again this year!
Haha! That's harsh. But funny! :)

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

danicalifornia wrote:

That's the fun part of this site. Let 93Dog turn rabid with Doggie Fever by January then send him home tail tucked neatly away. That DogChow he chews on must be dang good. I think it may have some additives Lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote:I can't take another huge smack talking posts that results in the sectional game being decided by 85 points again this year!
the bottom line is that game in Logan was an admiration, an anomaly.

For two years Athens, Logan Elm and Warren played within 5 points of each other on numerous occasions. (3 if you include the Athens upset over LE game in the sectional). Not only that most of the games actually went into overtime.

French had an 'out-of-body-experience' ... he went unconscious ... and the end result is history now.

The pendulum almost certainly sways to the other side in sports rivalries - and I see it finally coming back the Bulldogs way this season.

WarriorBlue's reign of terror has finally come to an endpoint - he had a great run, I'll give him that - but like all good things, it must come to an end.

:mrgreen:

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:I can't take another huge smack talking posts that results in the sectional game being decided by 85 points again this year!
the bottom line is that game in Logan was an admiration, an anomaly.

For two years Athens, Logan Elm and Warren played within 5 points of each other on numerous occasions. (3 if you include the Athens upset over LE game in the sectional). Not only that most of the games actually went into overtime.

French had an 'out-of-body-experience' ... he went unconscious ... and the end result is history now.

The pendulum almost certainly sways to the other side in sports rivalries - and I see it finally coming back the Bulldogs way this season.

WarriorBlue's reign of terror has finally come to an endpoint - he had a great run, I'll give him that - but like all good things, it must come to an end.

Yea I know another team, the one up north, that kept saying next year was there year. What you fail to take into account is sometimes teams and or coaches just create matchups that decidedly favor one over the other. That seams to be the case at hand. Rewatch the game tape my friend. Long b4 Mr French went SUPERSONIC your doggies were already running ragged. No offensive consistency. Defensive pressure swallowed them up whole. Athens was emotionally and physically spent at 1st quarters end with the game tied at 10 all. Even without the French barrage the dye was cast, the scene was set, Your Bulldoggies were headed to ANOTHER loss in a LONG line of defeats at the hands of the ( no don't say it) ....BIG BAD BLUE!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I guess the 'Dogs will have to take out their frustration on the Warriors in week three this fall.

Just like they did the last two years.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote:I guess the 'Dogs will have to take out their frustration on the Warriors in week three this fall.

Just like they did the last two years.

Your slipping Dog, resorting to a cheap shot about football on a basketball thread lol. I guess in your circumstance (10 year losing streak) there wasn't a whole lot to say about the basketball thing. Lol

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

Maybe this year the week of THE GAME we could do a Crossfire type show where we can debate these issues. Throw in a a couple coach and player comments and WATH got something special lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Keep thinking about those warriors bulldog and my Vikes will continue to lay in the weeds :)

A week of Warrior/Bulldog banter? I'd say you could start tonight and not run out of things to talk about right up until tip off. Lol

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Athens and my Big Blue are the two best teams in DII. Vinton is pretenders!

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

That leaving school early stuff is for the birds!

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

93Bulldog wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens has Burrow and Lutz. They are still the heavy favorites to play whoever comes out of cbus. Athens and ST. V ever schedule a game this year?
I believe Athens is playing ASVSM and Watterson and Propel again.

And going back down to Chesapeake for the Beasts of The Southeast.

Just saw on Cleveland.com where VJ King is transferring to a prep school (Paul VI) located in Fairfax Virginia for his junior year

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Burrow leaves early, right it down. :122245

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

athens78 wrote:Burrow leaves early, right it down. :122245
Righting it down for future reference!!! I may wright it down too. Heck, I'll rite it down to be safe as well. Definitely not going to write it down though. :cry:

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

78 you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you talked to his mom and dad? No!

The only thing anyone should write down is 78 can't spell and really knows nothing. Now that is a definite. IMO, :122249

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I writ it down tooo, people are so much fun, lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You are a wise man 78! Urban, made sure of that b-4 the offer. Now that that Gibson has moved the Buckeyes to the top Burrow needs all the time with the coaches as possible!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

moonshine wrote:
You are a wise man 78! Urban, made sure of that b-4 the offer. Now that that Gibson has moved the Buckeyes to the top Burrow needs all the time with the coaches as possible!
I got $20.00 says he plays basketball for Athens ... want to jump on that, moonshine?

Return to “Boys Basketball”