Ryan McCarly new River Valley Coach?

bevo
Varsity

Re: Ryan McCarly new River Valley Coach?

Post by bevo »

J&j sounds like your restarting your campaign for Steve Mcavena? Good rah rah guy if you want tear jerking speeches and high fives all around but he has no basketball knowledge to go into games against TVC coaches with experience and he was an assistant for Ms Ward Gilmore wasn't he in charge of defense and they were horrible on defense. I would rather wait until someone with some experience comes available, no need to rush.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Prep Expert wrote:You make no sense sportslife. Your key words in your last post were hard work and proper guidance. That is what hill demanded and provided and you said he was an a$$. You are a perfect representation of what the rv community is. They talk about hard work and discipline but when a coach tries to implement those things he is a a$$. That's why the community loves coaches like Quinn and sparling. Their teams aren't disciplined and they do not work hard.
So true prep RV has had 1 kid in the past 5-6 who actually had work ethic the rest think clowning around and looking cool is more important than doing things the right way, that is the problem at RV until parents realize it things will not change.

grayjonathan42
Waterboy

Post by grayjonathan42 »

Does anyone know what happened to that pertuset kid they interview last year he was a young coach just starting I think he might have got a job up north from what I hear. I was just curious if they about maybe interviewing him again or something

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

So, is this a done deal? is McClary the new head man at River Valley? and grajon1, Pertuset is very content and happy with his position at Lucas rebuilding that program, and is staying put for the foreseeable future as I last heard.

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Nope no coach yet!

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

UKNate wrote:So, is this a done deal? is McClary the new head man at River Valley? and grajon1, Pertuset is very content and happy with his position at Lucas rebuilding that program, and is staying put for the foreseeable future as I last heard.
From yourself.

Good luck to River Valley, sounds like you need it.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Bevo wrote:
Prep Expert wrote:You make no sense sportslife. Your key words in your last post were hard work and proper guidance. That is what hill demanded and provided and you said he was an a$$. You are a perfect representation of what the rv community is. They talk about hard work and discipline but when a coach tries to implement those things he is a a$$. That's why the community loves coaches like Quinn and sparling. Their teams aren't disciplined and they do not work hard.
So true prep RV has had 1 kid in the past 5-6 who actually had work ethic the rest think clowning around and looking cool is more important than doing things the right way, that is the problem at RV until parents realize it things will not change.
While I'm certain I know who you are talking about he was smart enough to get out of RV, I disagree with you as I personally know others who could have succeeded if not for the pitifully run program.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

That is a typical rv response sportife. The rv way is to blame others for them not succeeding. It's always someone else's fault.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

There is a board meeting tonight I hear. Peck will be approved as the open gym super.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I just heard peck may have got the head coach too. If so good luck.

ChuckHayes44
Waterboy

Post by ChuckHayes44 »

Who's Peck?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

ChuckHayes44 wrote:Who's Peck?
Jeremy Peck? He teaches there now.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Yes

ChuckHayes44
Waterboy

Post by ChuckHayes44 »

Did McCarly apply for the job?

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

From what I know offered to Caldwell or they tried to lure him from southern and he said no.
Then offered to chad leach and he said no the Mcarly got it and then before vote changed their mind. Called a coach at gahs and he said no then hired Jeremy peck. I have never seen him coach. I like his family and I heard he coaches either aau or at Vinton. Good luck to coach peck

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Congrats to Coach Peck! Good luck!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

This situation just shows the state of RV basketball . They've ran off too many people and no decent experienced coach wants to go there. This shows just how limited there options were . Good luck to Coach Peck nonetheless and I think he will actually do well in time if they don't run him off .

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Is this the football coach at south gallia? That wll be tough for him to do both and at two different schools!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Prep Expert wrote:Is this the football coach at south gallia? That wll be tough for him to do both and at two different schools!
No. This is Jeremy Peck. Coach at SG is Jason Peck.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Prep Expert wrote:Is this the football coach at south gallia? That wll be tough for him to do both and at two different schools!
No. This is Jeremy Peck. Coach at SG is Jason Peck.

Return to “Boys Basketball”