Ryan McCarly new River Valley Coach?

91blue14
SE

Re: Ryan McCarly new River Valley Coach?

Post by 91blue14 »

wow

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

The fans and or parents that think coach Hill was a problem are really the problem themselves. Sometimes kids need screamed at.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Yes they definitely need yelled at. The parents need to shut up and let the coach do his job because that community doesn't have a clue what it takes to have a winning program.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Coach Hill is a wonderful addition to the Alexander Spartans basketball program.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

I'm sure Coach Hill is happy to be there. There aren't many guys that are able to walk away from the graveyard of coaches and still be able to coach. It was a great move for Coach Hill and I'm glad the people at Alexander appreciate him. The people at rv aren't smart enough to realize what they had.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Actually the people at RV didn't realize what they had soon enough or they would have never hired him to replace Stout when all that happened. Hill set the program back 10+ years and that's hard to do with a program that is already struggling to say the least.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Could you explain to me how he set it back 10 years? If coach hill set it back 10 years then Quinn set it back another 20. I feel sorry for Coach Peck. It will take him an entire season just to get his players disciplined after last years fiasco.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Funny how coaches who are never good enough for RV are good enough at other places. Maybe that's why RV struggles in every sport.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

From an outsider's perspective and to be quite frank and honest about the situation, it's not the players or administration or even coaches that River Valley has had in the past. They have kids (as nearly every other school district does) in their hallways that can play sports and are probably darn good at a particular sport. The two main problems is a sense of community/animosity of other small hamlets or towns within the district, and a small minority of parents or individuals in the community that attempt to control the community and district. In turn, it has turned the majority of their athletic program into shambles because they want things done their way, which is bad for them. The old saying of "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians" applies perfectly here. If it's a continual cycle here, then it's an internal problem with a few, select people that ruin it for the rest of the community. They've had good players and good coaches in the recent and distant past. What these few, select people fail to realize is that you have to give a coach and their players time to adjust to what the coaches expectations are, and allow them to come to fruition, and to be realistic about it. Every year I get on here and read about River Valley forums, all they ever talk about is going 6-4 in football or winning the conference and in basketball, winning 15-20 games. No program that turn around that quickly, even with Larry Brown at the helm. You have to give a coach time to develop player personnel and to get the coaches' system down. From the community perspective, you can see it in the stands, whether at a home or away game. North Gallia graduates still sit with North Gallians. Kyger Creek graduates still sit with Kyger Creek people. That's a huge red flag for the community. You have to back a coach and TRUST what they're doing. The only way, in my honest opinion to change this program for the majority of their athletics is to completely revamp them and allow the coaches to coach and to stop from hiring within. You have to have realistic expectations and it takes time to build a program from the ashes that are left. If I was applying for a position to coach there, I would decline it due to the fact that it's career suicide, whether you have good players or not due to these few and select individuals continually driving the program into the ground. The only way to change the programs out there is to let the coaches coach and for the entire community to back the individual at the helm and give them time to build something up. Good things take time. However, when you allow a few, select people to constantly run away everything that could potentially be good for the community and district, you get results of what River Valley has currently had for a while now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's wrong. Most of the community wants good results but, those people also know it would take time to build something that's going to last. To put it into an analogy, if you're constantly knocking down the basement walls of a two-story house, the house will constantly crumble and eventually collapse. That's what you've got going on at River Valley. Give coaches time, allow them to coach and have realistic expectations. The whole community has to back them. Very few players make it to the next level to play their respective sport. So, that means the only experience with that sport will be at the high school level. Don't let a few, select individuals ruin it for every coach that coaches there, and more importantly, from the kids of that community. It has been more of a hinder for them than anybody else. That's why their numbers are probably down in all sports. That's just my two cents from an outsider's perspective.

ChuckHayes44
Waterboy

Post by ChuckHayes44 »

Who are the "select few" who keep tearing down the program? Many of the posts are referencing these people. I'm curious as to who they are....

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Good Luck to the new coach, but RV won't win a game or even come close. From what i have heard they don't have a single coach who has ever sit on the sidelines of a varsity basketball game as a coach. Most likely this will not be pretty!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Jason Vorhees wrote:From an outsider's perspective and to be quite frank and honest about the situation, it's not the players or administration or even coaches that River Valley has had in the past. They have kids (as nearly every other school district does) in their hallways that can play sports and are probably darn good at a particular sport. The two main problems is a sense of community/animosity of other small hamlets or towns within the district, and a small minority of parents or individuals in the community that attempt to control the community and district. In turn, it has turned the majority of their athletic program into shambles because they want things done their way, which is bad for them. The old saying of "Too many chiefs and not enough Indians" applies perfectly here. If it's a continual cycle here, then it's an internal problem with a few, select people that ruin it for the rest of the community. They've had good players and good coaches in the recent and distant past. What these few, select people fail to realize is that you have to give a coach and their players time to adjust to what the coaches expectations are, and allow them to come to fruition, and to be realistic about it. Every year I get on here and read about River Valley forums, all they ever talk about is going 6-4 in football or winning the conference and in basketball, winning 15-20 games. No program that turn around that quickly, even with Larry Brown at the helm. You have to give a coach time to develop player personnel and to get the coaches' system down. From the community perspective, you can see it in the stands, whether at a home or away game. North Gallia graduates still sit with North Gallians. Kyger Creek graduates still sit with Kyger Creek people. That's a huge red flag for the community. You have to back a coach and TRUST what they're doing. The only way, in my honest opinion to change this program for the majority of their athletics is to completely revamp them and allow the coaches to coach and to stop from hiring within. You have to have realistic expectations and it takes time to build a program from the ashes that are left. If I was applying for a position to coach there, I would decline it due to the fact that it's career suicide, whether you have good players or not due to these few and select individuals continually driving the program into the ground. The only way to change the programs out there is to let the coaches coach and for the entire community to back the individual at the helm and give them time to build something up. Good things take time. However, when you allow a few, select people to constantly run away everything that could potentially be good for the community and district, you get results of what River Valley has currently had for a while now. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's wrong. Most of the community wants good results but, those people also know it would take time to build something that's going to last. To put it into an analogy, if you're constantly knocking down the basement walls of a two-story house, the house will constantly crumble and eventually collapse. That's what you've got going on at River Valley. Give coaches time, allow them to coach and have realistic expectations. The whole community has to back them. Very few players make it to the next level to play their respective sport. So, that means the only experience with that sport will be at the high school level. Don't let a few, select individuals ruin it for every coach that coaches there, and more importantly, from the kids of that community. It has been more of a hinder for them than anybody else. That's why their numbers are probably down in all sports. That's just my two cents from an outsider's perspective.
Your pretty far off base the problem is that the kids dont work or show up for open gyms or weightlifting sessions called laziness

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

You're*; run-on sentence.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

Who are coach pecks asst coaches and jv coach ?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Who9Dey wrote:Who are coach pecks asst coaches and jv coach ?
What i heard
Head Coach, Jeremy Peck
(resume & coaching experience) Bidwell Rinky Dink!

Jv coach. Dominique Peck 2011 Rv grad, nephew
Varsity Asst. Joel Johnston 2012 GA grad, no relation
Joe Joe Lloyd, cousin

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Prep Expert wrote:Could you explain to me how he set it back 10 years? If coach hill set it back 10 years then Quinn set it back another 20. I feel sorry for Coach Peck. It will take him an entire season just to get his players disciplined after last years fiasco.
He wont be there over 1 year!
Really? This sounds like an excuse why they wont win a game all year. Upper division of the TVC is not a place to try and learn how to coach.
This all falls on the School Board. See Rv has a rule for all sports coaches, they only get 1yr contracts for all coaches. This is the reason Caldwell and Leach turned it down. That is a stupid rule when hiring a guy with Caldwells resume!

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I wish all them luck. Bevo I think varsity girls coach has a three year deal. I was told that not sure.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Bevo wrote:
Who9Dey wrote:Who are coach pecks asst coaches and jv coach ?
What i heard
Head Coach, Jeremy Peck
(resume & coaching experience) Bidwell Rinky Dink!

Jv coach. Dominique Peck 2011 Rv grad, nephew
Varsity Asst. Joel Johnston 2012 GA grad, no relation
Joe Joe Lloyd, cousin

that's almost funny

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Never know good things may happen.Know the game and get the kids to buy in/

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BBallin fool wrote:Never know good things may happen.Know the game and get the kids to buy in/
I hear ya fool but what you said makes no sense! You have got to have a little bit of basketball knowledge or you will get embarrassed against seasoned coaches. Look at the staff, the oldest one has been out of High School 3 yrs? I commend them for trying, and they had to hire someone but this is not a good situation.

Return to “Boys Basketball”