Predictions for SOC I, II and OVC

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Predictions for SOC I, II and OVC

Post by Manxious2 »

What are your predictions for this coming years basketball SOC I, SOC II and OVC conferences? A lot of changes are In store as a result of graduations, coaching and even league realignments (Ironton and Portsmouth)?

art_vandelay
SE

Re: Predictions for SOC I, II and OVC

Post by art_vandelay »

SOC I: East, Beaver Eastern, Notre Dame should be some of the top teams.

SOC II: Minford, then everyone else. Looking like a down year for SOC II next year.

OVC: is Portsmouth starting there next year or still in SEOAL? If so, they the obvious favorite. I think Fairland and South Point have a few kids back, and Chesapeake should be decent as always.*

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Oaks will be right there with minford

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

oakfan wrote:Oaks will be right there with minford
Based on what? Do they have something coming up that we aren't aware of?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Gotta go with Minford in SOC 2. Return 3 starters and a JV team that went 14-1 made up of 6 freshmen and 1 sophamore. Strong junior and sophamore group.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Based on if not for two missed foul shots with 3 seconds left at your place we should have beat you last year. Returning 2 very good guards and a 6-5 junior who got a chance to play the last 4-5 games and done very well

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth is playing in both the SEOAL and OVC next season..........and should be the favorite in both leagues. PHS will have 20 conference games total, with only Wheelersburg and Chillicothe as the 2 non-conference games. The Trojans could pull off an extremely rare feat if they were to win both leagues in the same year.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Trojandave,
Which league is PHS officially in during the 2014-15 campaign?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Tubby: As far as I know, the Trojans are in both leagues in 2014-2015.........it will be their last in the SEOAL, and their first in the OVC. In football, though, the OVC schedule won't officially start until the 2015 season.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

trojandave wrote:Portsmouth is playing in both the SEOAL and OVC next season..........and should be the favorite in both leagues. PHS will have 20 conference games total, with only Wheelersburg and Chillicothe as the 2 non-conference games. The Trojans could pull off an extremely rare feat if they were to win both leagues in the same year.
Maybe my Warriors come to Trojan Town in December and Shake Up things with an early season upset special like Portsmouth did last season. Maddox will try and come up with something to keep the Warriors AF (After French) within 30 points of the Trojans.

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

Jankage11
Waterboy

Post by Jankage11 »

Although valley loses the duo of Dunn and flowers and a couple other seniors, don't count the Indians out, they'll have the best player is the SOC in Bryan Rolfe who will have brown as a running mate , this team could be very dangerous if a few others step up! Wouldn't be surprised if they won they're 4th strait SOC!, it'll be between them and Minford like it has been the last couple years!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Jankage11 wrote:Although valley loses the duo of Dunn and flowers and a couple other seniors, don't count the Indians out, they'll have the best player is the SOC in Bryan Rolfe who will have brown as a running mate , this team could be very dangerous if a few others step up! Wouldn't be surprised if they won they're 4th strait SOC!, it'll be between them and Minford like it has been the last couple years!
Rolfe is a great player, but to say he is the best player in the league is highly debatable.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

minford17 wrote:Gotta go with Minford in SOC 2. Return 3 starters and a JV team that went 14-1 made up of 6 freshmen and 1 sophamore. Strong junior and sophamore group.
Sophamore's huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Yes Oaf. This year's freshmen JV were beating teams full of juniors and sophamores. So, Minford will be loaded for a while.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

minford17 wrote:Yes Oaf. This year's freshmen JV were beating teams full of juniors and sophamores. So, Minford will be loaded for a while.
Here's your Darwin Award son! :lol: :lol: :lol:

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Wow! I see the Oaf is trying to attack another person by trying to insult them. Must be trying to compensate for something.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Oaf, I in no way am implying that a group of sophamores are going to be the ones to lead Minford next year. They will be lead by Gullion, Rowe, Kelley, and Alley. Should be strong for several years.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Oh my....

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

D4hero wrote:Oh my....
This! :lol: :lol: :lol:

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Let me help......check spelling..........they could be alluding to a misspelled word, or the fact you referred to a group for one that was indicated in a previous post... :122249

Return to “Boys Basketball”