Predictions for SOC I, II and OVC

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Re: Predictions for SOC I, II and OVC

Post by youthsportsfan »

TriStateFan1 wrote:Anyone know what the OVC teams bring back this year? Not much being said about this conference.
Ironton brings back several starters plus a new addition I think they go strong vs Trojans for championship.
Sp has nothing coming back Peake pg solid CG lost 1-2 starters but should be ok n competitive
Fairland loses several
I'd say they go

Trojans
Ironton
Peake
Cg
Fairland
South point
Rock Hill

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

oakfan wrote:Oak hill lost 2 starters.6-6 sophomore played the started the last 5 games of season and played very well. Two very good ga starting gaurds returning they will be a team that can play with anyone in s.o.c
Dr. Know just a little off on his predictions.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Dr_Know wrote:Minford should definitely be the favorite in SOC II but they will be tested. My Pirates will be solid and athletic enough to cause problems, but I still think they will struggle to score the basketball. Davis could be a nice surprise next year for the Orange and Black. The real sleeper in SOC II is Valley, if you can call a 3 time defending champ a sleeper. If I recall, Valley lost a successful senior class 3 years ago and flew in under the radar the next season to win a share of the league. Unfortunately, I can see the same thing happening again this year. They return 2 very good players (Rolfe & Brown) with big game Varsity experience and they add some athletic juniors who have been very successful in the past. If I am not mistaken, next year's junior class won the county in 7th-8th grade and have won a lot of JV games while losing Rolfe to Varsity for two years and the Howard boy most of last year.

West has some decent basketball players coming back but with their coaching situation and lack of emphasis on round ball, they will probably be in the middle of the pack. After seeing Oak Hill's JV last season and the players mentioned above, I really don't see them being a contender. SW improved this year, but will really miss Cook's ability to score. NW will be NW, and it could be really ugly if Scarberry leaves. Waverly is another team that could really open some eyes. Their JV was really impressive last year and the twins are also returning.

It could be a better year than some realize in SOC II.

My Predictions:

1. Minford
2. Valley
3. Waverly
4. Burg
5. West
6. SW
7. Oak Hill
8.NW
y
Just a lttle off!

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

Was I a little off Oak fan? Was I?

I bet you've been sitting around since the preseason waiting to jump. I didn't miss all of them, I just misplaced your Oaks. Still don't believe they are very goo but as long as you're happy with a 3rd or 4th place finish, then I won't rain on your parade.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Dr_Know wrote:Was I a little off Oak fan? Was I?

I bet you've been sitting around since the preseason waiting to jump. I didn't miss all of them, I just misplaced your Oaks. Still don't believe they are very goo but as long as you're happy with a 3rd or 4th place finish, then I won't rain on your parade.
3rd. Not to bad though you got the first two right.I'm impressed! So when you say the Oaks are not that good it really doesn't rain on my parade!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”