1st Annual Caldwell Redskins Christmas Classic

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

1st Annual Caldwell Redskins Christmas Classic

Post by caldwellbasketball »

The field has been set for the first annual Caldwell Christmas Classic which will take place Monday December 22nd and Tuesday December 23rd of the upcoming season. Participating teams include: Stuebenville (division 2), Marietta (division 2), New Lexington (division 2), and Caldwell (division 4). Both varsity and junior varsity games will take place on both days. Winners and Losers will match up on day two for first and third place games. One ticket will be good for all four (JV/Varsity x 2) games each day. Sponsorship opportunities are available, contact Coach Clint Crane at the high school if interested.
Last edited by caldwellbasketball on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Re: 1st Annual Caldwell Redskins Christmas Classic

ttt

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This sounds fantastic

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Marietta JV v New Lexington JV
Stuebenville JV v Caldwell JV
Marietta Varsity v New Lexington Varsity
Stuebenville Varsity v Caldwell Varsity

Winners and losers will play the next day for first and third place.

Caldwell non-league schedule:
Barnesville (2x)
Away-Coshocton
Home-Beallsville (Possibly Linsly Academy instead)
Home-St. John Central
Away-Warren Local
Home-Stuebenville
Home-Marietta/New Lexington
Route 40 classic opponent T.B.D.
@ Fairfield Christian Academy
O.V.A.C tourny
O.V.A.C. tourny

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I heard this was brought up at last nights boosters meeting. Should mean some good revenue for the athletic department with Coach Crane being the new athletic director. Some people complain that he makes the schedule a little over challenging but our boys won 17 games last year and all but one of them are back so he must be doing something right. I hear they are playing Stuebenville, Warren Local, Fairfield Christian, Coshocton, and more than likely will see Wheeling Central Catholic and their star who signed with West Virginia again in the OVAC tournament. He had them playing in Columbus, Lancaster, Cambridge and Parkersburg all summer on top of AAU. Hopefully it pays off this winter, it's my son's last season on the hardwood.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

As a former English teacher I have to say it: It's not annual until it occurs for the second time. The first time it's inaugural lol. Even saw a local newspaper host a 1st Annual 5K. Sorry a pet peeve lol. However, looks like a great tournament. Best of luck to all!

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Game times being set, bdubs will sponsor the food for the event. Should be a great few days of hoops. The Big Red and Caldwell are hopefully hitting their stride about that point as both appear headed toward the football playoffs in a few weeks.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

redskinwitness wrote:I heard this was brought up at last nights boosters meeting. Should mean some good revenue for the athletic department with Coach Crane being the new athletic director. Some people complain that he makes the schedule a little over challenging but our boys won 17 games last year and all but one of them are back so he must be doing something right. I hear they are playing Stuebenville, Warren Local, Fairfield Christian, Coshocton, and more than likely will see Wheeling Central Catholic and their star who signed with West Virginia again in the OVAC tournament. He had them playing in Columbus, Lancaster, Cambridge and Parkersburg all summer on top of AAU. Hopefully it pays off this winter, it's my son's last season on the hardwood.

You only get better by playing people who challenge you. I'd rather win 14 and be prepared for the tournament than win 20 and lose in the first round.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea in basketball every team makes the tourny so it makes sense to schedule up.

The Narddog
Waterboy

Post by The Narddog »

Seriously? Haven't the Native Americans suffered enough at the hands of the white man? Couldn't this just be called the Caldwell Christmas Classic? Do we have to insult an entire race of people in the process? I hope those in charge at Caldwell get their act together and make this right!

Return to “Boys Basketball”