Freshman Team

Re: Pike Western Coaching Job

Post by UKNate »

Jim Mora. DM Me.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Who on Piketon's staff would be interested in Western?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Dont know what thats supposed to mean?

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

I will tell you right now, since I am on Piketon's staff, that no one on Piketon's staff is interested on that job. So please, kill that rumor to whoever and however it started.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

KrAm wrote:I will tell you right now, since I am on Piketon's staff, that no one on Piketon's staff is interested on that job. So please, kill that rumor to whoever and however it started.
I love when rumors get slammed shut by quality sources...but could they be talking about a former member of the staff? The one who took the job up north? I don't want to spell his last name wrong, lol.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

indian4life,

my question wasn't meant to be negative toward Western, I was just curious which coach was looking at other options. I should have phrased it better.

Hope you find a coach soon. Kyle Miller would make a good one for sure.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

After reading this thread, I actually talked to Pertuset tonight, and he has told me directly that he did NOT apply at Western.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:After reading this thread, I actually talked to Pertuset tonight, and he has told me directly that he did NOT apply at Western.
Just verified this myself as well. Kyle Pertuset did NOT apply for this position.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

GOINDIANS wrote:Mike is Larrys son and was the varsity assistant. He is not interested in the job now. He has had 3 years dealing with the parents out here and understands the deal. Kyle would be a great hire if they could pull that off. He did an incredible job with the JV team this year with no help from the Varsity job. The only problem is he will not be back before summer break is over. So if they hire him they have to get someone else to run all of the summer programs and scrimmages. I am not sure if they would accept that or not. On the other hand who else would be interested in dealing with this cess pool that has ran off Harrop, Kite, and is so bad that Mike Jordan is not interested.
\

You know, I think this is a really sad situation, because Western used to be such a great place to coach. I have seen so many formerly great coaching situations that are now just unbelievably bad. At one time, Leesburg Fairfield was a super place to coach. Great players - great parents. Now, it is one of the worst, anywhere. Really sad. They have a great coach up there, but, I wonder if they appreciate him. I think the state should suspend the entire program in some of these schools for a year or two. Maybe that would get their attention.

I have been involved with high school basketball in one way or another since about 1946. I've seen almost everything.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Maybe someone could explain how certain schools, like McClain, Eastern Brown (maybe you can think of others) have avoided, over the years, having rabid parents running coaches off after a year or two. Eastern Brown High School has been in existence since (about) 1965, and has only had five head basketball coaches. And, of course, they have a consistently good program. How do some of these pits develop that kind of philosophy?

PullingGard
Waterboy

Post by PullingGard »

To be honest as a fan I have been around quite a few schools and at most of them it is all the same thing.People must understand its every where not just some of the schools that have been talked about.It is all about how you handle these situations and less will occur in the future.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

tigerfan88 wrote:To be honest as a fan I have been around quite a few schools and at most of them it is all the same thing.People must understand its every where not just some of the schools that have been talked about.It is all about how you handle these situations and less will occur in the future.
Greenfield McClain had one boys basketball head coach for 28 years and one girls basketball head coach for 30 years. Historically, they have never hired and fired coaches every year or two. The coach is an important part of the team, in their system. You don't hear half-crazed fans screaming obscenities at the coach. If it happened, someone would get tossed out of the gym and invited to never come back. Why don't other schools follow that pattern?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I will go ahead and venture, that the new Head Coach at Western will be a Kyle.

Return to “Boys Basketball”