SEOPS HO

Re: Lucasville Valley vs. Columbus Ready - Regional Champion

Post by smurray »

Come on Valley!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

..... how about some actual input on the game.

Who was at the game can give a run down of Ready and how Valley matches up?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley matches up well with ready. Ready did not impress me on offense but that defense sure did. Gantz is a great player. The matchup of him and Jordan west is going to be something to watch. Rolfe will have a considerable size advantage over his man but might have a hard time that kid plays insane defense. Valley should pull this out if they can handle the ball and not turn it over.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Valley finds a way to win close games. Luck seems to be on there side. Go S.O.C.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

As mentioned, Valley has a great chance to advance if they can take care of the ball against Ready's defense. I think that was Burgs biggest issue. Against a team like Ready every possession counts just like a football game. Good luck Indians!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This should be a great matchup. They both have decent size. Ready will have trouble with Dunn and I think Valley will struggle with Ready's guards, especially No. 12. He is a very good basketball player and I think Valley will have a matchup problem with him

Good luck Indians. I believe this is the farthest you have made it since 85???????

Winner gets a game with the canton Regional winner-Probably either Cleveland St. Joes or Canton central catholic.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

VALLEY deserves to get THUMPED the coal grove video is all over facebook and valley doesn't even deserve to be this far!!!

watch out READY the REFS are on VALLEY SIDE

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This is going to be a great one.

Ready is very disciplined on both ends of the floor and they have a couple of very good athletes. #10 flat out shut Dylan down last night. After watching the game, Burg was down 3 at half with Miller with 2 points and 12 turnovers as a team. Burg then turned the ball over the first 3 trips of the 3rd and the game slipped away. I think the Indians have better and more ball handlers than the Burg, and that will really help them Saturday. Ready also killed Wheelersburg on the glass early last night, but the Indians handled the boards great in the early game.

This is the farthest Valley has been since 1987 when we lost to Buckeye Trail in the Regional Title game 52-51.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

cg-ironton fan wrote:VALLEY deserves to get THUMPED the coal grove video is all over facebook and valley doesn't even deserve to be this far!!!

You mad Bro?

Get real! The kid turned to the ref and dropped an F-bomb. Gonna get T'd in that situation no matter what!

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:VALLEY deserves to get THUMPED the coal grove video is all over facebook and valley doesn't even deserve to be this far!!!

Lol really?? I love how people always look to point blame on the referees. Its never the players, coaching, lack of discipline or talent, etc...Coal Grove played a very good game against Valley, and should be commended. Regardless of the outcome of that game, or any of the others for that matter, Lucasville as a community wouldn't need a scape goat to place blame on, and would happily continue to root for ANY and ALL local teams!! Ready and Valley match up well. Readys defense is quick to swarm and are relentless. Should be an amazing, well-deserved elite 8 game for both teams!!!

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

Valley's this far because unlike many of the schools around them they don't fire their coaches every two years. Also, the parents at Valley are more concerned with continued success than getting their way all of the time.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

From what I understand your player dropped the "f-bomb" at least twice and the refs were MORE than patient with his constant "Whining". t seems that the poor sportsmanship comes from at least one fan as well. ;)

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

philbilly wrote:Valley's this far because unlike many of the schools around them they don't fire their coaches every two years. Also, the parents at Valley are more concerned with continued success than getting their way all of the time.
AMEN!!!

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

AtomicIndian wrote:

Lol really?? I love how people always look to point blame on the referees. Its never the players, coaching, lack of discipline or talent, etc...Coal Grove played a very good game against Valley, and should be commended. Regardless of the outcome of that game, or any of the others for that matter, Lucasville as a community wouldn't need a scape goat to place blame on, and would happily continue to root for ANY and ALL local teams!! Ready and Valley match up well. Readys defense is quick to swarm and are relentless. Should be an amazing, well-deserved elite 8 game for both teams!!!
I agree that cg-ironton fan's comment was uncalled for and just plain childish. I will, however disagree with one of your following statements in regards to Valley rooting for all local teams. I sat near the Valley section in both the District final and last night and both times a group of Valley parents and fans were rooting AGAINST the Burg. None of them knew a single player for Fairland or Ready, however they wanted to see the Pirates go down. I was shocked!

But anyways....should be a good one on Saturday. I believe Valley can win, but they must play well.

tiger_pound_mom
Waterboy

Post by tiger_pound_mom »

The two teams that finished 1-2 in the Region in football are now playing for a chance to go to State in basketball as well. This will be a very good game as Valley has some good athletes and its reflected in their season record. Valley was scoring at will once Martins Ferry tried to put on the full court press... The Indians had an open man right under the basket for what seemed like an easy 7-8 baskets in the second half alone. Ready's defense was swarming last night and really frustrated Wheelersburg. Should be an exciting matchup that everyone expected to see in football, now we get to see in basketball. Obviously I'm picking Ready to win, the discipline, incredible defensive play, the strength of schedule they've played... This Knights team is very lethal. Ready shot awful and still won by 12... If Ready has even a slightly better day shooting then Valley is going to have to figure out how to beat that Ready defense.

I was impressed with the number of Valley fans... Valley definitely brought the house for their game against Martins Ferry. I look for a very explosive and exciting Regional Championship on Saturday.

Good luck to both teams and I hope for a hard fought clean game.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

I would prefer to see a team from the southern end of the state win, and especially a public school that does not recruit its players. But, realistically, I doubt that they can handle Ready. I wish Valley luck. If I was betting on the game, I would take Ready. I have seen both play.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think the key for Valley will be getting off to a good start and making Ready play from behind. Ready can really milk the clock if allowed, but if they are behind they will have to pick up the tempo, which will be in Valley's favor. If Valley can score more than 50, they should be able to advance.

Return to “Boys Basketball”