more overrated - athens or warren

enigmaax
All State

Re: more overrated - athens or warren

Post by enigmaax »

Heavy D wrote: I might also add, Logan Elm was not overrated, as some folks made claims of when the seeding info first hit the media. I think they proved that in this game, no matter how big the floor was, or who the refs were, or if one player got hot, or whatever the excuses may be. So maybe you are saying the people who said the seeding was garbage are jealous too, or is it they have no clue about the game?
In hindsight, those people were clearly wrong. Obviously Logan Elm proved itself. I think there are two key points - 1. Athens was lower-seeded than Warren and Warren was lower-seeded than Logan Elm and the higher seeded team won both games. So...Athens/Warren were neither overrated by anyone who counts. Did some people feel the seedings should have been different? Yes. They were wrong, but that doesn't take away from any of the three teams actual talent or accomplishments. (Logan Elm soundly beat a pretty good team.) 2. The bigger gripe than the seeding was that all three teams could've been in the District Tournament if the district drawing was done the same way almost (if not) every other district in the state does it - with a super sectional. The 1-2-3 would have been much less debated with that format in place.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Heavy D wrote:
Hopper 11 wrote:I watched a great exciting basketball game last night between two really good teams. I had to park about a half a mile away. I had to wait in a line for tickets that went to the bottom of the entrance ramp. I didn't see anything over rated I got my money's worth and more. I was definitely entertained the entire game. The atmosphere was great for this game. I only wish all high school basketball games could be this exciting! Warren was NOT overrated. When two good basketball teams play if one team is a little off than the other team is going to win. Athens was NOT overrated. They had played Warren tough everytime they played them. They ran into a red hot French this year and that was the difference in the game. Athens got beat by Warren last year in the regionals and I didn't hear anyone going on about that. This year they had to play them in the sectional, which was not their fault. What is different about this year and last? Other than the OHSAA screwing the SEO D2 teams? People who start threads like these are either really jealous of the teams and players or have no clue about the game. I am glad we had these teams in our area to watch. It makes basketball much more exciting. Good luck to Logan Elm the rest of the way.
I might also add, Logan Elm was not overrated, as some folks made claims of when the seeding info first hit the media. I think they proved that in this game, no matter how big the floor was, or who the refs were, or if one player got hot, or whatever the excuses may be. So maybe you are saying the people who said the seeding was garbage are jealous too, or is it they have no clue about the game?

Read my post I said Logan Elm was a great team. The ignorant person that started the thread said Warren and Athens were overrated not Logan Elm. I thought all three were great teams. I know you like to try and get on here and stir so you can get a rise out of people. I never made in claims during any seeding so don't use what I wrote to bring it up.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… the post season IS the post season …does a win/loss in the post season negate the play of any team during the regular season ? No … IF a team beats another team during the post season, does that win make that team a better team than the losing team whose strength of schedule/quality of wins during a 22 games season a better team ? only better on the given night they played -it does not make a seeding right or wrong … one win in the Post season does not a season make or make a team better or another team "overrated" … I stick with my posts before, during and after the Logan Sectional seeding - IF I had to do it all over again I would STILL have Warren rated higher than Logan Elm in the seeding … does it make Coach Stiverson's LE squad a "bad" team? NO! … when I posted my opinion based on all of the regular season games I had seen for all three of the top 3 contenders (Warren, Athens, Logan Elm) I took into account records, strength of schedule, opponents, eye tests, you name it - I even posted my breakdown on a thread … I still believe the Ouija Board was correct with 1. Warren 2. Logan Elm 3. Athens … HOWEVER the regular season is NOT the one and done season … when you play in the post season you have to bring your "A" game EVERY game especially when you are playing for a district championship - Logan Elm did … Warren did not … I've read where some have posted the overused cliche' of one team wanted it more than another - please! you're telling me that Warren didn't want to win a regional title as much as Logan Elm ? … Logan Elm is one of the top teams in the state for a reason - they're THAT good to start with … Coaching , quality players, great program that stresses defense and ALL defenses are geared to take away something your opponent does well - I don't know a TEAM better at that than LE … with all of that said on Saturday night Logan Elm played like THE #1 team in D2 , execution was flawless , game plan was flawless … does it mean that Warren was overrated ALL season ???? seriously ! in my mind IF you believe THAT then you are diminishing the PERFECT game that Logan Elm played against an outstanding Warren ball club …

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Let us play best of 7 ---Bet No teams takes four in a row.

Return to “Boys Basketball”