Peebles vs South Gallia District Final

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Re: Peebles vs South Gallia District Final

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

jchitwood wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:The most traveling calls I have seen in one game in my life! SG was the better team tonight but is hard to pull out a W against 8 players ; ( . Greer should of never set out more then a minute after he got that 4th foul. Greer stays in and plays smart then SG avances
I was so impressed with the Rebels hard play. Number 11 (don't know the name, sorry) especially. I've never seen a player dive over the scorer's table before. They really wanted that win. Even after they ran out of gas in the 3rd quarter, they rallied and fought back. I can see why they knocked off two higher seeds. Very impressive team and they left it all on the floor.

(Even though their final strategy was to try to make Justice foul out by collapsing whenever he breathed on them. On one of the last plays, Beau backed away from the defender and he still fell down. I laughed out loud, it looked like the fakest WWE match ever. Still, gotta admire the discipline of a team that can take a charge like that.)

And we didn't have 8 players. We had 15, same as the Rebels. I've suffered many an agonizing District Final loss, and if complaining about the referees takes away the sting, go or it. I'd probably be doing the same thing had the better team not won on Saturday. Roll Tribe!
I did not only blame the refs, I also put that it was a bad strategy to leave Greer out of half of the game. They could not click without him running the show at PG. As soon as he went out Peebles had a 9 point swing.

Them refs sorta reminded me of the TVC refs at a few away games that I played in. Complete homer job. Also FYI only 5 players can be on the floor at one time. Me saying you had 8 was with the addition of the guys in stripes.

This game was just an invitation to a beat down against Africentric so Goodluck with that

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Possibly the most ignorant post of the year. Ask Gallia if they would of rather lost or won a district TITLE and got a chance for a "beat down" against a good, cheating, private recruting Africentric team.

Indian5674
Waterboy

Post by Indian5674 »

I agree Ty... no way a team wants to lose a district championship game because they are afraid of a 'beat down'! and if Brutus thinks that was a homer job then we obviously weren't watching the same game. Beau had his jersey nearly pulled off every possession and rarely got a whistle. So I suppose Brutus didn't see those things happen. Bring on Africentric and good luck indians

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
jchitwood wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:The most traveling calls I have seen in one game in my life! SG was the better team tonight but is hard to pull out a W against 8 players ; ( . Greer should of never set out more then a minute after he got that 4th foul. Greer stays in and plays smart then SG avances
I was so impressed with the Rebels hard play. Number 11 (don't know the name, sorry) especially. I've never seen a player dive over the scorer's table before. They really wanted that win. Even after they ran out of gas in the 3rd quarter, they rallied and fought back. I can see why they knocked off two higher seeds. Very impressive team and they left it all on the floor.

(Even though their final strategy was to try to make Justice foul out by collapsing whenever he breathed on them. On one of the last plays, Beau backed away from the defender and he still fell down. I laughed out loud, it looked like the fakest WWE match ever. Still, gotta admire the discipline of a team that can take a charge like that.)

And we didn't have 8 players. We had 15, same as the Rebels. I've suffered many an agonizing District Final loss, and if complaining about the referees takes away the sting, go or it. I'd probably be doing the same thing had the better team not won on Saturday. Roll Tribe!
I did not only blame the refs, I also put that it was a bad strategy to leave Greer out of half of the game. They could not click without him running the show at PG. As soon as he went out Peebles had a 9 point swing.

Them refs sorta reminded me of the TVC refs at a few away games that I played in. Complete homer job. Also FYI only 5 players can be on the floor at one time. Me saying you had 8 was with the addition of the guys in stripes.

This game was just an invitation to a beat down against Africentric so Goodluck with that
If you are from SG, and you think you got homered by the refs, it should remind you of how every game is AT South Gallia for the visiting teams. So back at ya.

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

I go to alot of games during the season at alot of different schools in southern Ohio and I have not got a dog in this fight but for Brutus to say something like that is crazy.
Tha coach from SG was yelling at the ref all night that is why he recieve a techinal he was warned. The justice kid took a beating from SG players he need to have somebody sew handles on his jersey so they can hold on better! Brutus you are nothing but a cry baby and sore looser you need to grow up or quit going to ball games!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:This game was just an invitation to a beat down against Africentric so Goodluck with that
I think cutting down the nets and having the District Champs trophy in the school is worth getting a beat down if that would happen to be the result.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

superfly wrote:
I go to alot of games during the season at alot of different schools in southern Ohio and I have not got a dog in this fight but for Brutus to say something like that is crazy.
Tha coach from SG was yelling at the ref all night that is why he recieve a techinal he was warned. The justice kid took a beating from SG players he need to have somebody sew handles on his jersey so they can hold on better! Brutus you are nothing but a cry baby and sore looser you need to grow up or quit going to ball games!
You sir are not telling the truth by saying you didn't have a dog in the fight. The radio announcer pointed out that it was as lopsided a game as they had seen. The announcers were on the refs ALL GAME saying SG was getting banged and Justice got ALL the calls. Game started with 7-0 SG/Peebles foul count and was 10-2 at the end of 1. That wasn't enough so they put Greer in foul trouble tying the rebels hands. If Greer plays the whole game the rebels hand peebles their shorts. But that's part of the game I guess. For those of you that don't believe that officials are payed my own father quit officiating when an AD at a school SE Ohio told him "if you don't take pay for calling it our way I will not give you work" he quit after that. And that's the gospel, hate to mention names but there a bridge like no other in his city.

That being said I wish peebles the best just as I would any team from southeast ohio I hope they beat Africentic!

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

The radio announcer must have been from SG I sat with a group of people that was there just to watch a good game we did not care who won the game. As for people to get on here and say that pebbles only won because of ref. The Greer boy had his hands on the justice kid when he was guarding him that is why he got into foul trouble. Don't try to take a win from a group of kids that just go out and play as hard as they can. Maybe if peebles had lost maybe they would on here crying about the ref. Nobody likes to loose a big game it about the kids out there playing not the adults in the stands acting like idiots and getting on here crying about a game. Respect the game and all the kids on the team's!

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Also doesn't peebles play a lot of zone? That has a say in fouls too

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sportslifelove wrote:
superfly wrote:
You sir are not telling the truth by saying you didn't have a dog in the fight. The radio announcer pointed out that it was as lopsided a game as they had seen. The announcers were on the refs ALL GAME saying SG was getting banged and Justice got ALL the calls. Game started with 7-0 SG/Peebles foul count and was 10-2 at the end of 1. That wasn't enough so they put Greer in foul trouble tying the rebels hands. If Greer plays the whole game the rebels hand peebles their shorts. But that's part of the game I guess. For those of you that don't believe that officials are payed my own father quit officiating when an AD at a school SE Ohio told him "if you don't take pay for calling it our way I will not give you work" he quit after that. And that's the gospel, hate to mention names but there a bridge like no other in his city.

That being said I wish peebles the best just as I would any team from southeast ohio I hope they beat Africentic!
I hope you're not implying Peebles paid off the refs, because that would win you the Sorest Loser in Southern Ohio Award (and that's saying something, in a region filled with Bengals fans).

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

what's the old saying? better to keep mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. something like that.
come on south gallia fans, enough with the crying.
some things never change

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Swain #34 never gave up on justice he gave him all he could handle

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I was at this game and didn't care who won..it was very physical BOTH ways!! And yes..Justice got held,grabbed,shoved,rode,bumped every possession the entire game but he fought through it and played very well..Congrats to him and the Indians! They earned that win!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

4thnpine wrote:what's the old saying? better to keep mouth shut and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. something like that.
come on south gallia fans, enough with the crying.
some things never change
Heck, if I knew us paying off the refs was all we had to do I would have chipped into the regional pot years ago. :)

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

beaverlover wrote:I was at this game and didn't care who won..it was very physical BOTH ways!! And yes..Justice got held,grabbed,shoved,rode,bumped every possession the entire game but he fought through it and played very well..Congrats to him and the Indians! They earned that win!
I agree it was physical on both sides but the foul count sure didn't reflect that not sure how that happened especially if the game was called evenly..... Hum something or someone had a hand in it....South Gallia did foul and was charged with them also Peebles fouled and got away with a bunch since the foul count was 7-1 at one point in the 1st half. I am for letting them play for sure but the calls needs to be consistent.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Also I don't think anyone from South Gallia is saying the refs were paid off since those refs were just put together by the luck of the drawl....just that refs should be accountable for inconsistent game calling. Our boys were the better team and should have won that game but lack of rebounding killed us Peebles won the game on foul shots and out rebounding SGHS. Rebels hold your head high because Peebles thought it was going to be a easy win and they found out not so true!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Who all is back for SG NEXT SEASON??? Player wise?

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

BBallin fool wrote:Who all is back for SG NEXT SEASON??? Player wise?
Not sure of everyone but I know that Greer, Ehman, both Hutchinson boys return plus a 6'7" transfer coming in. Plus several others that played varsity last year. The Rebels will be better this year than last year. I know they dominated Symmes Valley in their scrimmage and nobody could stop Greer they said he's even better than last year.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Thats good !!! GO LUCK!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”