PVC 2014 (Tournament Update)

pitch15
Riding the Bench

PVC 2014 (Tournament Update)

Post by pitch15 »

Division 4
Caldwell beat River 63-44 and now face Malvern 3/1 in a rematch of playoff football.
Frontier Whooped up on Toronto 77-48 but now face a very tough Hiland Team 2/28

Division 3
Fort Frye beat west M 73-36 and Harrison Central 62-38 and now face the winner of St.c and Garaway on 3/4
Shenandoah was ousted by garaway 83-53
Monroe Central lost a heart breaker to martins Ferry in OT 61-59 in a game they should of won.
Buckeye Trail beat newcomerstown 57-34 to Advance on a play Ferry on 2/28

My predictions.
Caldwell has a tough matchup with Malvern, I predict a close low scoring game with Malvern winning by 5-10
Frontier probably doesn't stand a chance against hiland unless they hit 20 3's Hiland by 15
Fort frye will win by 10 or more if they play st.C, Garaway could give them trouble but still like Fort Frye advancing.
Trail vs Ferry game is all going to depend on how well Toland can defend Vargo or not defend. if Vargo has his way Ferry by 5-10 if Toland can play D on him, I give trail the win 10 because ferry has no guard play at all.
what does everyone else think?

PVC MAN
JV Team

Re: PVC 2014 (Tournament Update)

Post by PVC MAN »

FF will make District finals, they have the best best chance of winning the districts.
Caldwell can make the district finals if they win against Malvern. Don't think they can beat Hiland though.
Trail, I think will beat Ferry but don't think they can win anymore after that.
Frontier will get beat by 20 plus.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trail can beat Ferry and Union Local because buckeye 8 is weak

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

I think Malvern's pressure ultimately wear Caldwell down.

Frontier gets absolutely killed as Hiland beats them as bad as they want.

Trail-Ferry should be a good one. Pick'em.

Fort Frye would rather see St. C than Garaway. A rematch would be tough, but Garaway is big enough to cause major problems for FF.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Watching my brother's team this winter, I think the opposite guru. Caldwell is much better against teams that pressure them and play man to man because they have good guard play. Teams that grind them and play really good, disciplined half court basketball give them a harder time. I know he didn't want to match up with T.C.C. because of their really strict style of play.

If Frontier makes shots they will compete, they are up against it though.

I think Trail and Fort both have great chances to advance if they play well.

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

Hiland 68
Frontier 33. Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trail vs Fort Frye district final is possible. Garaway is a year away starting 2 freshman I think they have lost 9. St Clairsville is (12-11) but they did play Fort tough round 1. I think Caldwell beats Malvern.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ferry 55 Trail 50 final

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

newlex/sheridan wrote:Watching my brother's team this winter, I think the opposite guru. Caldwell is much better against teams that pressure them and play man to man because they have good guard play. Teams that grind them and play really good, disciplined half court basketball give them a harder time. I know he didn't want to match up with T.C.C. because of their really strict style of play.

If Frontier makes shots they will compete, they are up against it though.

I think Trail and Fort both have great chances to advance if they play well.
Caldwell has one guy that can handle the pressure, Weichman. I was impressed by the freshman point guard for Malvern the other night, so I'm not sure Caldwell can pressure Malvern. They almost have to try, because Tucci and especially Loomis are matchup problems for Caldwell. I give Caldwell a good shot, just think malvern pulls it out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell lost 67-43 to Malvern

Daddy_Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Daddy_Tiger »

My understanding is that this game was tied going into the 4th and a Caldwell did not score the entire 4th quarter.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

Correct- tied at 45 after 3rd. 22-0 in 4th for a 67-45 final.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Caldwell led by 13 in first half when Wiechman an harding went to bench in foul trouble with 3 minutes left. Still led by 9 at half an was tied going to 4th quarter. Not sure the exact number but caldwell missed seven for sure layups in the fourth. Also went 0/6 from line including a few front ends. Never seen anything like it. Got great shots but couldn't convert. Lead was 14 with one minute to go when Crane emptied the bench. Malvern chose not to sub an instead scored 8 more points trying to get their big kid a dunk. Final score was not indicative of the game. On top of that the officiating was terrible. Malvern is dirty an they get every whistle. Not reason caldwell lost though, gotta put it in the hole. Great season though, 16 wins an a ton coming back.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Get over it Redskin, you got your butts kicked in the 2nd half. You might have a ton coming back(LOL) but you lost your only true scorer.(Weichman)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I told everyone Fort Frye would be better this yr!

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

The same team that I watch beat my Tigers did not score a point in the 4th quarter? Wow!

Return to “Boys Basketball”