Logan Elm vs. Minford at the Convo

bman
SEO

Logan Elm vs. Minford at the Convo

Post by bman »

Two very solid teams meeting up inside the Convo on Friday night.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Re: Logan Elm vs. Minford at the Convo

Post by MClaw »

Heard L.E. has good guard play but not much size down low. Minford's size should give them them the edge.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

I think if Minford works the ball down low and gets McCray involved on almost every possession they will be hard to stop. Cant jack up threes as soon as they get the ball up the floor....they need to let the offense get set up and give McCray a chance to work his man down low. I can understand working the ball through the offense and taking a wide open three when its there.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think Minford has a good chance to move on. They have a good balance of size and guard play.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Loan Elm is well coached and will apply tons of ball pressure on Minfords guards. I look for Minford to struggle with turnovers which turn into easy buckets for LE. LE by a dozen.

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Post by MRI13 »

I think people are underestimating LE here. McCrae is a great player and a beast of a man...but LE's tempo is sure to hurt him. The LE boys get out and run like an inner-city team but with much better fundamentals and they will press you all night. Good luck LE

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

MRI13 wrote:I think people are underestimating LE here. McCrae is a great player and a beast of a man...but LE's tempo is sure to hurt him. The LE boys get out and run like an inner-city team but with much better fundamentals and they will press you all night. Good luck LE
McCray is a FORCE down low! MUCH improved on the court over last year. He had trouble running the floor with Valley though, I thought. If L.E. is up tempo they will give Minford fits. GO MINFORD!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Going with the Falcons in this one. Like Badboy said, if they are patient on offense and work the ball down low to the big fella they will be hard to handle. Good luck Minford!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

If LE is hitting the three, play relentless defense and go up and down the court like I have seen them all year it won't matter how big the center is for the other team because the convo is a big court he will be sucking air by the end of one quarter. however if they are not hitting the three it could be a rough night for LE. I will say LE by 5 to 8 points

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

McCray is not your normal Big Man. Kids an athelete. He will be playing D1 football next season. Saying that from what I have read and heard about LE, Minford better be on their game. Minford by 5.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

From what I've been told the Minford center is a pretty good player and pretty athletic for his size. Looking forward to a good game.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I expect a close game, Minford guards need to be disciplined and the falcons can win. Best of luck to Coach Shoe and company. Wishing you the best from NE Ohio!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Minford!!!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Going with my Falcons in this one, but should be a good close game.

davegrohlfan06
Waterboy

Post by davegrohlfan06 »

Should be a good game. I watched Minford against both McClain and Unioto last week and they mix up their defenses and run a lot of sets, especially for the big kid inside. Don't let his size and weight fool you, he has great feet and does a great job of pinning people with his body and knowledge.

I know Coach Stiverson and Coach Holbert will have several different looks to throw at this Minford team, so I think it will come down to them adjusting and being able to identify the looks LE gives them.

Another key is the production from players other than McCray and Young for their respective teams. For Minford: Rowe, Stapleton, Guillion. and for LE: Thompson, Congrove, R. Young, and Tyler. Again, should be a great game with two great coaches.

I have enjoyed watching LE teams in the past 7-8 years, especially those who have made the district tourney. Hopefully this bunch can get back to the district title!

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Is the big guy the one going to Ohio? Or was that another player?

Homering aside, I think Logan Elm takes this one. They can handle the big guy by making sure he doesn't get the ball next to the rim where his size becomes a factor. It would also help if they attack him and turn the tempo up. From what I've heard, the guy has good athleticism for his size, but tiring him down is a must. Also a must is to take advantage of the times he is not on the floor.

GO BRAVES!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm going with Coach Stiverson/Coach Hulbert & the LE Braves ... one of the best "game" preparation coaches around is Coach Stiverson ... defense is the name of the game - I like LE defensively to come up with an answer for stopping the Falcons inside the paint ... hope Dillon Young's ankle is back up to speed - great leader on the floor for TEAM LE ...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GOOD LUCK MINFORD!

SOC!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Everyone focuses on Rowe, Stapleton, and McCray, but Gullion and Kelley could be key factors tonight. Both are more than capable of knocking down many big 3's. If these 2 can combine for 15+ pts, Minford will have a good chance to advance. Good luck Falcons!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Hey Warren fans! When arena is sectioned off for 4 separate teams, fill in above your lower section. Do not take the seats of the two teams playing after you and not leave!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”