Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Go BURG!!! You Got this! SOC!!

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Chesapeake 3-2-14

Post by Old Bulldog »

Good Luck on Friday Burg.
Box Out.
Hopefully I won't have to edit this again!
Last edited by Old Bulldog on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Gotta go with Burg

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Sorry, I have to break up this Wheelersburg love fest...haha. I'm hoping for a good game and a Panthers victory. Let's go Peake!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

4th n Goal wrote:Burg has beaten several teams by 20+ this year (SW, Waverly, West, Greenup Co, Northwest), but I don't think this will be the case in this game. Burg has a good chance to advance as long as they continue playing strong defense and rebounding well.
Not that it matters but Burg never beat West by 20 plus.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Sorry CC34, I had the score as 57-34, but it was actually 54-37 when West came to Burg

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the peake is purple but not purple and yellow so the burg may have a chance

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

art_vandelay wrote:Good luck to Wheelersburg in this one. I did not think Burg could get out of the Waverly Sectional without Eddie Miller, but should have known better as Ater took Webster to Regional Finals last year despite losing one of their best players to grades. Goes to show if you have good athletes that will play defense and rebound, you can compete (and beat) almost anyone. It is setting up nicely for Burg to get to Regionals...now get it done!*
With this schedule change, it will be over 6 weeks since E.Miller has been out, so it is a possibility he will be in uniform for this game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

4th n Goal wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:Good luck to Wheelersburg in this one. I did not think Burg could get out of the Waverly Sectional without Eddie Miller, but should have known better as Ater took Webster to Regional Finals last year despite losing one of their best players to grades. Goes to show if you have good athletes that will play defense and rebound, you can compete (and beat) almost anyone. It is setting up nicely for Burg to get to Regionals...now get it done!*
With this schedule change, it will be over 6 weeks since E.Miller has been out, so it is a possibility he will be in uniform for this game.
4th n goal: hopefully this is true...would be great to see Miller get another opportunity to rep his school, especially in a big game. Good luck to the Pirates this weekend!*

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

Seems the long layoff has quieted the posters. Come on it's not baseball season yet! If Eddie Miller is able to play I hope he doesn't disrupt the chemistry that the team has going right now. Sometimes when a player comes back after a long lay-off it can take awhile for the team to find their roles again. The Convo has a much bigger court than the one at the Burg so I'm sure depth will play a role and Eddie's return will certainly help there.
Eddie or no Eddie, I'm going with the Pirates.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I agree Old Bulldog....I am ready for the weather to change and watch some baseball, but I am not ready for basketball to end quite yet. This game will be 2 familiar teams to the Convo, but neither team is as strong as in some years past. I don't see either team having a big advantage, but I like Burg's chances in this one. The long layoff will equally hurt both teams, but if Burg can take care of the ball and play their usual strong defense, they can advance. It's almost basketball 30!

GO PIRATES!!

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Are there any Radio stations carrying game the tonight.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Burg leads at the half 24-16

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Update?

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

57-52 Burg final

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Nice win by the Pirates. Best of luck against Fairland.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great win by the Pirates. Dylan Miller and JD Widdig had a great game again. I thought also Austin May gave them some great minutes off the bench and played great defense on one of there big men.

Burg is probably one of the better passing teams I have seen in awhile. They move the ball around well and wait for the open shot. Fairland plays about the same style so this should be a heck of a District Championship. Burg has to put it behind them that they beat Fairland earlier in the season. This is the 2nd season and teams usually turn it up a notch like both have done. Burg has knocked off a 2 seed and a 3 seed and I think Fairland has beaten a 1 seed and a 2 seed.

A little curious as to why the Burg coach started pulling the starters with 40 seconds left with only a 9 point lead. Peake hit a three to cut it to 6 and he still left them out. Maybe pull them with 20 seconds to go but 40 seconds is an eternity and with the three point shot, 9 points can be made up quickly.

Good luck Pirates! Bring home another District Championship on Sunday. Saw a little fact in the program I thought interesting. Burg has one at least one tourney game every for the last 23. That is pretty impressive. Next closest one was I think 5

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

One thing I forgot to mention was what was up with the crowd for Fairland and Chesapeake? I bet there wasn't 200 people between both schools. Peake used to fill that place to the rafters.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great win for Burg...hoping SOC II can put 2 teams at Regionals this year*

Return to “Boys Basketball”