Best pure shooter in years

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Best pure shooter in years

Post by TribeManiac10 »

theuglytruth wrote:Eric Mount- Lynchburg
Kyle Stout- Eastern Brown
Cam Miller/Cowgill- Wheelersburg

Lear McCoy- Peebles, not a phenomenal overall player but one of the best spot shooters to play in SHL, some others that fit that category would be Rex Woodward (Ripley-Southwest) and Kevin Hoover (Eastern Brown). Jeremy Stacy was automatic, just needed time.

I agree that any list without PJ Rase, Brett Beucler, and RJ Beucler are crazy!

........................and that my friends is the ugly truth
Good point about Lear. I think Tyler McFarland fits that mold of player also. He might not have the all-around game of some other players but he was automatic if left open on the wing.

rebelionfan99
Waterboy

Post by rebelionfan99 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
enigmaax wrote:
swamisez wrote:Clint Hayes from Fort Frye in the late 90's

Dropped 60 plus on Beallsville and went over 40 numerous times. Great shooter.
That Beallsville game was insane - like a pickup game. Final was something like 125-100 and I want to say Hayes had 10 or 11 3's. Also pretty sure he led the state in scoring his senior year.
Cap'n Scoop wrote:Evan French....Warren Local
Tyler Engle.....Fort Frye
If I'm not mistaken, Engle holds/held the state career record for 3-pointers (300+) and is up there somewhere for a single season with over 100.
He is first and Blake Justice from Peebles is second in career three pointers. They are the only two players in state history with more than 300.
That is actually incorrect. Jon Diebler of that played at Ohio State broke Engles record in 2009. Engle had 329 if im not mistaken and Diebler had 336

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

rebelionfan99 wrote:That is actually incorrect. Jon Diebler of that played at Ohio State broke Engles record in 2009. Engle had 329 if im not mistaken and Diebler had 336
It is correct. It is still Engle and Justice. Diebler graduated in 2007(the same year as Engle), the OHSAA has record of his career numbers. He is tops in career points and made free throws in a game.

Redstreakin
Freshman Team

Post by Redstreakin »

Western Latham had a pretty good shooter in the 80s by the name of Jimmy Burton. He would shoot as soon as he came past 1/2 court. Of course in that little gym it was only 26-28 ft.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
rebelionfan99 wrote:That is actually incorrect. Jon Diebler of that played at Ohio State broke Engles record in 2009. Engle had 329 if im not mistaken and Diebler had 336
It is correct. It is still Engle and Justice. Diebler graduated in 2007(the same year as Engle), the OHSAA has record of his career numbers. He is tops in career points and made free throws in a game.
I don't think they have the 3 point shooting stats for Diebler on the State record page. The stats I found have him at 112 made his senior year which would make him 3rd on the single season list, but he is not there either.

Something doesn't add up on Jon's stats....He is listed as 19th on the career 3 point % list at 41% (182/440). However, his senior year stats show 112/323. I guess I find it hard to believe that a guy that scored 2,106 points through his Junior year only went 70/117 from 3 in his first 3 seasons. Just doesn't make sense.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Crab's brother wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
I don't think they have the 3 point shooting stats for Diebler on the State record page. The stats I found have him at 112 made his senior year which would make him 3rd on the single season list, but he is not there either.

Something doesn't add up on Jon's stats....He is listed as 19th on the career 3 point % list at 41% (182/440). However, his senior year stats show 112/323. I guess I find it hard to believe that a guy that scored 2,106 points through his Junior year only went 70/117 from 3 in his first 3 seasons. Just doesn't make sense.
Completely understand that. I thought it strange that the all time scoring leader in the state, who was known for his shooting, didn't show up anywhere on the career list.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MRI13 wrote:Pierce Mowery- 56 3's as a freshman (SVC record), 40 as a Sophomore (shot 50% from field)...kid can flat stroke it
Unioto's Nick Corcoran made 65 3s this year...which wasn't even a Unioto record, so I doubt Pierce set an SVC record with 9 less last year. He's still a great shooter though.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

R.J. Beaucler of Eastern Brown. He literally put the team on his back and carried it to the district championship in the Convo about 12 years ago. An unbelievable shooter.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

UKPROF wrote:Brett Roberts, Trevor Setty, Beau Justice top 3 IMO had what it takes to play beyond High School and could do it under Extreme pressure. Have seen the other Justice kid struggle with a good hand in his face although still top 7 Ive seen personally, others may have been good too just havent seen them in person so cant make a comparison.
Speaking of Trevor Setty: there were two of the Setty boys, if I don't have them confused. One of them played at Pikeville College. What became of the other one? Where are they, now?

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Trevor is the oldest Setty, he played over seas for a while I think he is back in the states now. Treg is playing for Ohio university and doing good their.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Tyler Twyman of River Valley......when it comes from inside-out......this kid is lights out....he'll be a 1,000pt scorer before he is done.....will be a Junior this year at RVHS.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Nathon Cozart-Eastern Eagles 2006
Anthony Dixon- Trimble Tomcats 2006 also leads the school in most 3s in a game with 9
Greg Randoplh- Southern Tornados 2005
Chaz Mohler- Trimble Tomcats 2006
Cam Throughman- Portsmouth Clay 2006
Trent Patton- Trimble Tomcats 2002
Beau Justice- Peebles

Good Topic

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Old school players from 40 plus years ago would have to include Waverly's Denny Thompson, Phil Miller, and John Shoemaker.

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

Marc Kremin from Peebles in the late 80s was the best pure shooter I've ever seen. The guy was a gym rat.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Steve Yeagle

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Out of all these shooters mentioned. Any of these SHooters of all time" Played Div.1 Basketball, OR even NAIA won a championship etc.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Best SHOOTER OF ALL TIME should have at least had a successful college career, Cmon

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

blackcobra1 wrote:Best SHOOTER OF ALL TIME should have at least had a successful college career, Cmon
Leading the nation in scoring in college i would say is successful.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

u mean Roberts right? and Setty won a national championship,these other guys have they done anything to be considered for the Greatest of All Time?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

I made this topic on this High school site about great southeastern OH HS shooters not what they done or didnt do after high school.

Return to “Boys Basketball”