1. Valley vs. 9. West Union

AHS08
Waterboy

1. Valley vs. 9. West Union

Post by AHS08 »

With both teams very long and athletic this looks to be a great sectional final!
Thoughs????

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: 1. Valley vs. 9. West Union

Post by 4thgoal »

This should be a fun game to watch. West Union is very athletic and I don't think I have seen another team this year block or attempt to block as many shots as they did against Piketon. WU will struggle on the defensive end. They played a zone against Piketon which left way too many open 3-pt shots. Brewster had many good looks, but ended up going out of the game with an injury. If they do this against Valley, they will be in for a long night. If they go away from the zone, I am not sure they have anyone who can handle Dunn inside 1v1. I think Valley will win by 15. Good luck Valley and represent the SOC well!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

This is a very intriguing Matchup. West Union has 20 win talent on their roster. They are much better than there record shows. I feel like the past of the program and turning the corner just took a little bit more time for the Dragons. This could be the best game of the tournament so far. I can see it going down to the wire similar to the 9 seed Portsmouth vs 1 North Adams game in 2009. I would say Sellars will guard Dunn if I had to guess, Sinniger would be a good fit on West. Hinkle could take his turn on Dunn as well, going to be interesting.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Valley is way to physical for coach Harrops guys. Valley by 15-20 I'm afraid it won't be close.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

West Union by 2, shocker at the end.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Valley by 20

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

As a SHAC person I would love to see West Union give Valley all they can handle in this one but I do not see it being tight by the end of the game. I like Valley by 15-20.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

West Union has the talent to pull this off. They would have to play a lot more disciplined defense to do it though. They try to block every shot and I am guessing that they have not seen a big with the pure old school post moves that Dunn has. I think the Dragons may hang for a while, but Dunn on the block and the Valley shooters on the outside will be too much. I expect an extremely focused Valley squad. These seniors have done this before.

Valley 76
West Union 59

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I dont see WU staying close unless they make a lot of threes. Valley by 18.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Crab's brother wrote:West Union has the talent to pull this off. They would have to play a lot more disciplined defense to do it though. They try to block every shot and I am guessing that they have not seen a big with the pure old school post moves that Dunn has. I think the Dragons may hang for a while, but Dunn on the block and the Valley shooters on the outside will be too much. I expect an extremely focused Valley squad. These seniors have done this before.

Valley 76
West Union 59
The post is VERY thin this year in the SHAC. There is nobody in Dunn's mold to prepare them for this matchup, Inman(IMO the best big in the league) from Lynchburg is a good player but he has more of a finesse oriented game. However, if any team in the league is equipped to limit the production of a big body post player it would be West Union with Sellars and Hinkle.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:West Union has the talent to pull this off. They would have to play a lot more disciplined defense to do it though. They try to block every shot and I am guessing that they have not seen a big with the pure old school post moves that Dunn has. I think the Dragons may hang for a while, but Dunn on the block and the Valley shooters on the outside will be too much. I expect an extremely focused Valley squad. These seniors have done this before.

Valley 76
West Union 59
The post is VERY thin this year in the SHAC. There is nobody in Dunn's mold to prepare them for this matchup, Inman(IMO the best big in the league) from Lynchburg is a good player but he has more of a finesse oriented game.
I haven't seen the whole league, but that is what I had gathered. Hayden can play the finesse game, but its not his bread and butter. If West Union's bigs leave their feet tonight, they will have serious foul difficulties.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Crab's brother wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:

Valley 76
West Union 59
The post is VERY thin this year in the SHAC. There is nobody in Dunn's mold to prepare them for this matchup, Inman(IMO the best big in the league) from Lynchburg is a good player but he has more of a finesse oriented game.
I haven't seen the whole league, but that is what I had gathered. Hayden can play the finesse game, but its not his bread and butter. If West Union's bigs leave their feet tonight, they will have serious foul difficulties.

... this is the key in the game tonight - Valley at the line for 20+ FTs ... if the Indians hit the FTs the fat lady sings early on, if not, it will be a 10 pt game for the Indians with WU having a chance ... my 2 cents worth ...

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I like West Union to hang around for about 3 and a half quarters. Valley by 13

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Mid 1st....timeout WU

Valley 14
W. Union 2

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Halftime:

Valley 48
W. Union 23

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 54
W union 23

Early 3rd

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

After 3

Valley 72
W union 40

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley has emptied the bench a few minutes ago....

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

89-51 with 2:30 to go

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Final

Valley 91
W. Union 58