(1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

art_vandelay
SE

Re: (1) Southern vs. (8) South Webster 2/25

Post by art_vandelay »

Some great stat lines for jeeps tonight: Levi Cook had 28 pts, 8 rebounds and 4 assists including 13-13 from free throw line. Freshman Alec Blevins had 12 pts and 16 rebounds and fellow freshman Shane Zimmerman had 14 pts and 5 assists. On to paint valley at convo next week*

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

G.W.A. wrote:Talent wise southern should dominate this game but they have very lazy unmotivated kids and therefore SW has a good shot in this one

Told ya so... These kids had a easy road to the regionals and should have been undefeated with there size and talent and the fact they played a cupcake schedule.
Atleast SW acted like they wanted to be there last nite. Good luck to them moving on

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Thats not very nice GWA. If you arent careful Steely Dan masquerading as John Wooden will get on here and accuse you of having 15 different names so that he can hide behind his own stirrings against true Southern fans like me.

PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Congrats to the South Webster players and Coach Fenton and his staff. To the convo!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:Thats not very nice GWA. If you arent careful Steely Dan masquerading as John Wooden will get on here and accuse you of having 15 different names so that he can hide behind his own stirrings against true Southern fans like me.

I heard some Southern fans last night chanting "T-V-C." I didn't think it would take long for that half league championship to take on more importance than the tournament. :mrgreen: Or from the above post I guess it's possible they were meaning they will win the TVC in baseball? :lol:

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very impressive win for the Jeeps. They had a good game plan and stuck to it accordingly throughout.

How about the two freshman? The paper today has Zimmerman with 14 points and 5 assists, and Blevins with 12 points and 16 rebounds! Tremendous job by those youngsters stepping up in their first sectional championship.

As always, Cook was extraordinary. He just finds ways to score and get to the free throw line. 28 points and I didn't even feel like he shot very well from the field? Tremendous game by him.

Keep it going Jeeps, you have a whole community behind you!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Webster plays in a very good league which can't be said the Southern.. Webster tougher league play prepared them for this game.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:Thats not very nice GWA. If you arent careful Steely Dan masquerading as John Wooden will get on here and accuse you of having 15 different names so that he can hide behind his own stirrings against true Southern fans like me.

How many names does Woody Steel have? I have seen him on here arguing with people a lot, or so I thought. Now I am not so sure he isn't arguing with himself? Must be a lonely sort?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Congrats to the Jeeps on their win. Moving onto the Convo. Once again South Webster shows they are the cream of the crop when it comes to D 4 basketball in SE Ohio. Good luck on Monday.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Woody Steel wrote:I wish people would quit accusing me of having different names on here. You people should be able to tell I only have one name, and that's John I mean Dan I mean.....
What a mess!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Congrats yes, cream of the crop D4, bit of a stretch.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

UK Prof. May want to check the record books ever since SW has been in D4. Cream of the Crop in D4 SE Ohio for sure

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

UKPROF wrote:Congrats yes, cream of the crop D4, bit of a stretch.
In the last 12 seasons:

- 10 Sectional Championships
- 6 District Championships (One Runner-Up)
- 3 Regional Championships*
- Two State Final 4 Appearances
- One State Championship

Juan has a point, UKProf. This was supposed to be a "down year" and they still won a Sectional. Since they've dropped to D4, I do think they can argue they've been the "cream of the crop" in SE Ohio D4.

*lost to Africentric in 05 but due to ineligible players, SW was given the championship

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote:
UKPROF wrote:Congrats yes, cream of the crop D4, bit of a stretch.
In the last 12 seasons:

- 10 Sectional Championships
- 6 District Championships (One Runner-Up)
- 3 Regional Championships*
- Two State Final 4 Appearances
- One State Championship

Juan has a point, UKProf. This was supposed to be a "down year" and they still won a Sectional. Since they've dropped to D4, I do think they can argue they've been the "cream of the crop" in SE Ohio D4.

*lost to Africentric in 05 but due to ineligible players, SW was given the championship

Some crazy numbers there bbjunky81! With the current group of freshmen and coaching staff, I expect more of the same over the next few years for the Jeeps.*

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

We was cheated

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Wings Teaford wrote:We was cheated
Still a little salty 9 days later there daddy? Just because an 8 seed takes down a "number one" seed doesn't necessarily mean they were "cheated." Add some crow to your 5 pounds of wings you're nawin on brotha!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

saveTHEnight wrote:
Wings Teaford wrote:We was cheated
Still a little salty 9 days later there daddy? Just because an 8 seed takes down a "number one" seed doesn't necessarily mean they were "cheated." Add some crow to your 5 pounds of wings you're nawin on brotha!
You have to remember Southern has all that tourny success, so that proves they never homer anyone at home. :lol:

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

When it comes to the tournament matchups are soooooooo important as you can see here

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Congratulations with the Division 4 success.

256pride
Riding the Bench

Post by 256pride »

UKPROF wrote:Congratulations with the Division 4 success.

That was a knock on small schools come on man not cool for the kids playing their hearts out

Return to “Boys Basketball”