Div IV Seeding predictions

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Div IV Seeding predictions

Post by Crab's Brother »

IndianFan4life wrote:Emperical data.... not gonna matter much anyway because they will probably be playing East or Clay anyhow. Just a little banter chill out. Western is better than their record though. Good luck to both.
When you are 6-12, play in the SOC I, and 4 of your wins are over New Boston and Green, you are not better than your record.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Webster is a scary team in D-4.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

lightle04 wrote:Webster is a scary team in D-4.
With a healthy Levi Cook, there is going to be an upset coach of a high seeded team that draws the Jeeps early.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Western is better than their record. Ive seen them play very well in the biggest games. Dont know about Peebles. Justice would have to have a bad game. But we can beat anybody else in the bracket IF they will sit down and play defense. They can score on anyone. I believe Garrett is averaging over 20. With at least 3 or 4 30 + point games. With that being said they have to committ to playing 32 minutes of defense.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

If I were the the SHL coaches, I would vote ND #1. That would put Peebles and Fairfield at 2-3 and keep them in separate brackets at the districts. I don't see a whole lot of difference between the 6-9 seeds in this sectional or the 2-4 seeds at Meigs. If ND ends up the 2, they would have what looks to be an easier path to the Regionals than the 1 or 3 seed.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Isn't it crazy Webster and Western have similar records but ppl like myself would say your as good as your record but then when you consider who a team has beat to get those records it separates them. Funny isn't it. Good luck to all the teams and especially Eastern Pike and Western .

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I could easily see the TVC programs doing Southern a solid and making South Webster (at the expense of South Gallia) a 7 seed and matching them up against an SOC I team (Symmes Valley or Eastern). Still think any of those teams would be favored over the Jeeps, but they have been a different team (competitively speaking) with Cook fully healthy.

crab: yep...2 seed at Valley is the way to go. Peebles and Fairfield are best 2 D4 teams in my opinion, so they'd be better off to avoid each other until Regionals.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Any final predictions for both sectionals?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I'm real interested to see how Valley sectional seeding goes this year. SOC I schools have stuck it to SHL schools repeatedly over the years matching them up with each other and South Webster to guarantee SOC I schools spots at the Convo. Now, with an equal amount of SHL and SOC I schools, any seeding shenanigans will be harder to pull off. Peebles seems to be the clear cut #1 seed. After that, the arguments between Notre Dame and Leesburg Fairfield for the #2 seed should be entertaining. With his swing vote, Paint Valley's coach will be the most popular guy in the room before the meeting begins!*

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Symmes Valley 55
Notre Dame 44

Great road win for the vikings. Improves to 11-5

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Big win for Fairfield tonight over a very good Fayetteville team 74-49.

The Lions are 10-5 overall and undefeated in the SHAC.

This win and ND loss should put an end to the seeding discussion.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Cobbtown: yep...ND loss tonight should give Fairfield the 2 seed. Don't know what going on with ND but they have dropped two SOC I games in last week. Fairfield may be playing better than any other D4 team right now. Could very easily see them at Regionals.*

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Webster beat a solid Portsmouth West team tonight and Symmes Valley got a huge win at Notre Dame.Eastern Pike got there 6th win in a row with win at Western.Southern got another win over South Gallia. The draw this sunday will be interesting. Who wants to avoid who? Who matches up better with certain teams? I still think #2 through #8 seeds could go any which way at Meigs.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia was within a couple of beating Southern tonight. South Gallia has good wins over Fed Hock, Belpre, and Trimble.

davewottle
JV Team

Post by davewottle »

the best solution is to have Valley play just Valley and Meigs play Meigs and the (2) winners advance. Amazing how teams try to avoid competition. If you want to be good and advance to state you have to play good teams and beat them at some point

davewottle
JV Team

Post by davewottle »

Fairfield has not been beaten in the district d4 I would say that is a strong case to be #1

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield defeats North Adams. 77-49.

11-5 going into seeding.
Undefeated in SHAC. 8-0
6-game winning streak.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Easy overthetop, peebles is your clear cut number #1!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley official seeding:

1. Peebles
2. Fairfield
3. Nd
4. Paint valley
5. Clay
6. East
7. Western
8. Na
9. Manchester
10. New boston
11. Whiteoak

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I see it's Western vs North Adams is Copas still coach there ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”