Can Ironton Go All Season Without A Single Win?

unclebob
JV Team

Re: Can Ironton Go All Season Without A Single Win?

Post by unclebob »

They will not dominate the OVC as in years past wa only in football when they had an all star team. They will have some success in cycles but will not win it year in and year out! The middle school has been way down for years. Their 7th grade is good but no other grades are standing out. Unless the transfers start coming back I just don't see it happening! The days of dominance in football is over for the Tigers. Sad but true!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you may be right bob. I admit, I was not a fan at first of joining the ovc , still kinda on the fence bout it. and i';ll be the first to admit, to be honest I didn't like seeing ovc teams on the tigers football schedule. I'm admitting that up front.but I do see the need to league up. and it's definitely a new era of fighting tiger sports. the tigers played the ovc a lot in other sports. my hope is the ovc can elevate it's level of play, and so can the fighting tigers and create a new stronger league. and we can't forget we have a very strong portsmouth squad in there now. people in the ovc are kidding themselves if they don't think the fighting tigers and Portsmouth will not force this league to get stronger.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

what is a tigers record now and who are they playing next

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

They have won one game but it was a big win they will be dangerous in the post season probably the best 1 win team in the post season I would not want to be the team to draw them.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

and honestly I think they have some talent I just think the game has past the coach up

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

unclebob wrote:They will not dominate the OVC as in years past wa only in football when they had an all star team. They will have some success in cycles but will not win it year in and year out! The middle school has been way down for years. Their 7th grade is good but no other grades are standing out. Unless the transfers start coming back I just don't see it happening! The days of dominance in football is over for the Tigers. Sad but true!
All u folks talking about what and who Ironton will dominate better look up the river about 30 miles because Portsmouth will have a lot to say about that especially in roundball........and they will also have a lot to say about who dominates the conference in football......

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

elmer fudd wrote:what is a tigers record now and who are they playing next
The Tigers are 1-16. They play Portsmouth tonight with away games left at Spring Valley and Waverly and a home game with South Point. They had a game with Athens canceled due to weather. Not sure of make-up date.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

Talk about getting kicked when your down should be the name of this topic.You cant be a 10 every year in any sport and yes they have gone through some changes but win lose or draw i will be a supporter of IRONTON athletics.Always have been and always will be.I just cant imagine people turning there backs on these high school kids who bust there butts to represent there school and there home town so why dont we try to encourage them.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ballrmom wrote:Talk about getting kicked when your down should be the name of this topic.You cant be a 10 every year in any sport and yes they have gone through some changes but win lose or draw i will be a supporter of IRONTON athletics.Always have been and always will be.I just cant imagine people turning there backs on these high school kids who bust there butts to represent there school and there home town so why dont we try to encourage them.
good post mom...........

neutral
Waterboy

Post by neutral »

Supporter of the kids and supporter of the decison makers are two totally different things. Unfortunately it has come to that. Ironton is and will always be proud of their kids regardless of records. What we are seeing now is several individuals that are not from Ironton making decisions that are not wise for Ironton athletics. And joining the ovc is at the top of the list.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

neutral wrote:Supporter of the kids and supporter of the decison makers are two totally different things. Unfortunately it has come to that. Ironton is and will always be proud of their kids regardless of records. What we are seeing now is several individuals that are not from Ironton making decisions that are not wise for Ironton athletics. And joining the ovc is at the top of the list.
Good post, I agree.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is what it is man.

neutral
Waterboy

Post by neutral »

... and until Ironton supporters come together thru either elections or 'outspoken opinions' it will only get worse.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

breaker breaker good buddy..it's ole elmer back heard them tigers is now 1 - 18 and stile the best dowg gone 1 win team in the state the truble is though theyll beat waverly and that will end there dreams of getting that 1 win ring

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Leo Byrd wrote:
unclebob wrote:They will not dominate the OVC as in years past wa only in football when they had an all star team. They will have some success in cycles but will not win it year in and year out! The middle school has been way down for years. Their 7th grade is good but no other grades are standing out. Unless the transfers start coming back I just don't see it happening! The days of dominance in football is over for the Tigers. Sad but true!
All u folks talking about what and who Ironton will dominate better look up the river about 30 miles because Portsmouth will have a lot to say about that especially in roundball........and they will also have a lot to say about who dominates the conference in football......
leo you have a very good point, and actually at the time I wrote this, I had actually forgotten about Portsmouth joining the ovc. and for that I apologize. that's me bein as honest as I can be.
initially I had my reservations about joining the ovc. but times have changed everywhere. ironton needs to be in a league, and this is the only geographically that makes sense. so the ovc teams will get ironton and Portsmouth teams now at full strength and in slack times. lets see how it pans out. it could be very exciting. I have to tell my self to quit referring to the ovc now as a foreign league to me, and realize we are all a part of it now. my wish is to see all the ovc teams to be at full strength, and poppin on all cylinders, and numerous teams in playoffs.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

breaker breaker goood buddy...will them tigers end with only one win and be the best one win team in the start of ohio or will they get one more win what team from ironton had the fewest wins in one year is this a school record? someone shoud start wabbit hunting at ironton instead!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I guess they end the seasin with one win.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

1 win haha yep not a pretty picture is it?

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

osumufan wrote:I guess they end the seasin with one win.

BUYT NOW DEY READY TO MAKE A RUN WATCH OUT!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Looks like that decade of despair is upon on us

Return to “Boys Basketball”