Trimble Tomcat Basketball 2014??????

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Trimble Tomcat Basketball 2014??????

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Seems like they have athletes all over the floor/bench but cant produce a win against a quality opponent. Thoughts??

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Re: Trimble Tomcat Basketball 2014??????

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Since everyone is "scared" to comment ill break the ice! How is it that with the athelets we have on the floor and on the bench we struggle to beat a mediocre team??? Im being told players and coaches are not getting along at any aspect of the game? Is there any truth to this? And i personally think its RIDICULOUS that we cant manage a good win with the atheletes on the floor/bench!

ZeekfromCabinCreek
Waterboy

Post by ZeekfromCabinCreek »

I agree with you completely. If you look around at surrounding schools, they work to actually build their programs. Nothing against the kids, because they are all good athletes, but it takes more than a good athlete to be a good basketball player. If you are a junior in high school and can't make the varsity team, you should be cut. This has been a continuing problem at Trimble since Coach Moore has been over this program. At Trimble, the reserve teams having winning seasons almost every year, but they bring down 4-6 juniors every year while Trimble's varsity team struggles. The purpose is to build the program for varsity, work with younger talent who can actually help you in the future. No senior who played reserve as a junior will get any playing time on varsity. Coach Moore makes the mistake every year by building kids up, and then never plays them. The whole program from Junior High up needs a change. Hoping to see that next year!!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Wizard wrote:Since everyone is "scared" to comment ill break the ice! How is it that with the athelets we have on the floor and on the bench we struggle to beat a mediocre team??? Im being told players and coaches are not getting along at any aspect of the game? Is there any truth to this? And i personally think its RIDICULOUS that we cant manage a good win with the atheletes on the floor/bench!
Whoever told you that probably has as much insite as people on here who may respond, which is none. Seems you have made your mind up already so why not just go with that instead of asking others to join in. As a non Trimble person and neutral observer I can only say one thing is for sure, no good can come from bashing the program on here.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

I agree that Trimble has loads of talent. For whatever reason the are struggling to harness it. ive watched all the games thus far. Its not all coaching, the players arent understanding the "game". They're impatient to get a good shot a lot of the time and struggle to get a flow going. Other than Couch who is almost automatic when he gets the ball deep, they need someone else to step up and take control of the team. Right now they look like 7-8 individuals and not a team. Some players are out there trying to make the spectacular play instead of the smart play. Its frustrating to watch because you can see they are close and have tons of potential.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Good win over Belpre for Trimble last night. Coach Moore was an assistant @ Sheridan my junior year of high school in 2000 when we went to a regional. He knows the game and was respected by all of us. Trimble played in a state football championship game a month ago. It takes time for high school teams to get in sync. I would imagine that they will be playing good ball come tournament time. There is a lot more that goes in to a smooth basketball team than people think. One guy isn't doing his job or has a let down and you give up a bucket. One guy doesn't screen, meet a pass, or get to a spot and a possession is lost. Give them some time, they will figure it out.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Word on the street is that a legendary coach from the area is very interested in what goes on at Trumble. One that has is now at his third TVC Hocking school, and may want to move on from there. Just sayin.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Here is the record of Trimble basketball during the tenure of Coach Moore?

2013-14 6-4 two losses to NY :(
2012-2014 10-13 4th in conference. lost in sectional.
2011-2012 3-19 9th in conference. lost in sectional.
2010-2011 12-9 3rd in conference. lost in sectional.
2009-2010 12-9 3rd in conference. lost in sectional.

Thanks to Bulldog93 for the records. make of this what you wish. Just wanted to state some facts of how we have done. Hopefully the cats can get a conference title and sectional title this year. Good group of senior athletes should help attain these goals.
Last edited by Gecko on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Overall and league records going back to 2008 ... http://trivalleyconference.com/History.html

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

Bottom line, Trimble basketball is no fun to watch right now and changes need to be made.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

The one constant in successful basketball has been the work over the years of Coach Koons and Coach Kiddle. I would think any solutions should include them. Plus, maybe you could get the DUCK involved.

Plus, for the right fee, I could handle a package of games for you next year against the quality teams the come to the tomcat dome. I can pretty much guarantee wins in those games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”